Company of Heroes

8 replies to this topic

#1 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:55

Now that I've actually finished uni, and I'll have a couple of weeks off from work for Christmas/New Year I've been getting a lot into gaming again. Due to my location and notoriously bad internet, RTS is just about all I can play with you guys so here we go.

I used to play CoH in LAN many years back but I sort of forgot about it in around 2008 as my computer didn't run it particularly well. I have better hardware these days and I bought the collection in Steam a couple of months back and have been getting back into semi-competitive play now that I've finished uni.

I pretty much only play automatch, so it'd be nice to have some games on maps that aren't the stock 10 or so which are used for automatch as it does get a little repetitive after a while. I know some of you play/played this at some point so now is a good time to get back into it. :P

It's probably one of the best balanced RTS games these days as well and still looks great on modern hardware.

Look forward to having some games with you folk. 8|

On a side note, it will quite likely go on sale during the Steam Christmas Sale in the off chance you don't own it.

Edited by Alias, 20 December 2011 - 09:05.

Posted Image

#2 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:25

While I don't play vCOH anymore, I played a game of Company of Heroes: Blitzkrieg with Amdrial yesterday. Great mod, recommend you to try it out.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#3 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 15:40

View PostΓΛPTΘΓ, on 20 December 2011 - 11:25, said:

While I don't play vCOH anymore, I played a game of Company of Heroes: Blitzkrieg with Amdrial yesterday. Great mod, recommend you to try it out.
Downloading it now, will check it out. Last day of work is tomorrow and I don't go back until early-mid January, so I've got a stack of time to kill.

Posted Image

#4 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:32

Bump bump.

Since hopefully some of you either got it on sale on Steam, or getting hyped for Company of Heroes 2. I'd love to have some games sometime, preferably vanilla, I don't particularly like Blizkrieg.

Posted Image

#5 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:35

I will try to Join if I manage to install it by Thursday.

#6 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:37

Sounds good, unlikely we'll get anything running before the weekend.

Posted Image

#7 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 22:14

I'd be up for a few games now that I'm on break. Mods are fine too.

#8 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:26

Ok I've installed and had been re-playing the campaign a bit. I can play tonight, hopefully if anyone is around and does not play D3. My timezone is GMT + 5.30

#9 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 15:18

I'd love to play the game after my exams (Give me two more weeks and then I'll be available to play). I can only connect to a select few people due to my ISPs anality and their router which prevents me from connecting to people properly. (ISP specific NAT negotiation failure). In other words, I can't connect to most of you people until I switch ISPs, which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Either that, or we get Raptor to pay for his VPN subscription again.
Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users