• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 16:44

View PostCamille, on 04 February 2012 - 15:53, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 04 February 2012 - 13:00, said:

View PostChyros, on 03 February 2012 - 20:42, said:

realism-fag

There's that word again.

well, he is right though. dvk is pure nonsense and adds absolutely nothing but a shallow feeling of realism and minor "balance" (though that's debatable). in the end it makes the game less fun, and that can never be right :/

It wasn't the realism part that was my problem :duh:

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#28 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 16:48

View PostAlias, on 04 February 2012 - 13:30, said:

I have kind of given up hope on this - I suspect all games from this point on will be realism-fag enough to feature DVK :P .
*coughcough*Tribes Ascend*coughcough*
That's not a completely different kind of FPS though. That's an arena FPS game.

View PostCamille, on 04 February 2012 - 15:53, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 04 February 2012 - 13:00, said:

realism-fag

There's that word again.

well, he is right though. dvk is pure nonsense and adds absolutely nothing but a shallow feeling of realism and minor "balance" (though that's debatable). in the end it makes the game less fun, and that can never be right :/
Sorry if my use of the word "fag" offends anyone, though I don't actually mean this as being in any way connected with homosexuality. What I simply mean is that certain people want to focus on realism for the sheer sake of it and I have yet to see a SINGLE example of overuse of realism contributing to a game in a positive and fun way. DVK is one of many things no-one actually likes in their game, for everyone involved it is only annoying.

(besides why are you only annoyed when it's ME who says it -_- )

View PostWanderer, on 04 February 2012 - 14:01, said:

I don't think there's DVK in syndicate. Though from what I've understood, there's no pvp-multiplayer only co-op.
Pity that, tbh. Then again, pvp would probably have a distincty Haloesque feeling to it, I suspect.

Edited by Chyros, 04 February 2012 - 16:49.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 00:49

Well, I tried it, and as it turns out, it's hardly based on the originals at all, the engine is awful, the controls terrible, the battles boring and frustrating and the story is lame, full of plot holes, and is set in the wrong universe. It has a few interesting gimmicks and the cyperpunkness of the world is extremely well visualised, I have to admit, but overall the game feels like some heretic's wet dream suffering from very poor implementation. More specifics here: http://forum.fallout...post__p__883386
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users