New Speakers

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:53

Well after 2 and a bit years of service I need to replace my logitech X-230 speaker system. As only one of the speakers is actually producing any sound. I think my fairly constant loud music has bust the other one. I don't want anything to powerful, the X-230 was 32watt and that was enough at even half volume to completely fill my room with sound. I have an idea what I will replace them with, but I would be interested in your thoughts, budget is £75.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:02

If you can push your budget for something that lasts longer than two years, I'd go with the Audioengine 2, the cheapest in the UK seems to be 135 quid, which is unfortunately almost twice your budget - but these are proper bookshelves (albeit on a small scale) so they will both sound and will be build far better than desktop speakers. They are quite small for bookshelves, so you should have plenty of room for them on your desk. Also, they're self powered so you won't need an amp either.

They're widely regarded as one of the best low-cost 2 channel systems around, it's up to you if you're willing to spend the dosh though.

Unfortunately I really have no idea of anything cheaper to be honest, just suggesting in case you have a little more to spend. These will definitely last you 5+ years at least,

Edited by Alias, 29 February 2012 - 11:04.

Posted Image

#3 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:32

The Creative T40 series II is pretty nice for the price if you can get it under £75, my T20 is now around 6 years old and my T40 is 3 years old without problems.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#4 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:52

I've heard nothing but good things from both the T20 and the T40 -speakers. From what little experience I have, they sound pretty amazing for their price and size.

Edited by Wanderer, 29 February 2012 - 12:56.

#5 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 11 March 2012 - 16:14

Thanks for the input guys, managed to fix my speakers though. They both went dead, but after 3 hours I managed to get them working again :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users