Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:52

Support this game!
http://www.kickstart...ction-rpg/posts

Project Background

In the first week of January, 2013, Microsoft announced that it was ending content development for Age of Empires Online. Unfortunately, some news sites incorrectly attributed this decision to us; the official statement came from Microsoft, and they alone could make that kind of decision.
Wildman was already in development. The basic concept was conceived of early last year, but we finally assigned a team to the project at the start of October. Everything in this Kickstarter represents the first three months of development work, which is one of the reasons why some of the details are still up-in-the-air. Every day, we come up with more specifics; we intend to share those decisions with the public, and backers will have a chance to shape those decisions.
It’s one of the reasons why we’re here, to let you take part in this game’s development. If we were further along, these decisions would already be made.

This is do or die for GPG. Help make it happen and spread the word.

Edit:

View PostWizard, on 21 January 2013 - 09:09, said:

*Wishes people would post more than just a link to a kickstarter thread....*

Noted, I added some info.

Edited by Soul, 21 January 2013 - 16:05.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#28 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:09

*Wishes people would post more than just a link to a kickstarter thread....*

#29 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 13:07

Can't link to all videos on KS though, doesn't seem to work.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:29

This looks very promising and interesting....

#31 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:37

Project Awakened Space Marine D:D

#32 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:05

It sounds good on paper, but the "do everything" sorts of games usually end up pretty terrible.

Doesn't have my money yet, if it ends up well I will probably buy it on release though.

Posted Image

#33 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:08

True it'll be hard to pull off...but if done right I guess it would be real fun. Also interested in this new UE4 thing. The tech demo looked awesome.

#34 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 00:51

A nice City sim game that should be supported.

http://www.kickstart...your-d?ref=live

What is Civitas?

Civitas will be a revolutionary, open ended, community driven, highly moddable city building game, where you are not only responsible for terraforming the land, zoning, and building the structures, but you will also be able to manage many other aspects of your civilization. Civitas can either be played as a single player game, or you can play online with other city builders to make entire regions, share resources, and compete for citizens to build the largest city. We will not limit you to one or the other, both will be full featured and complete. Feel free to play it whenever, wherever, and however you want. Civitas will be available for Mac and PC through various digital download services.
The word "Civitas" is the Latin term for "citizenship" or "city-state", which is a great description in itself for what you will be able to build from the ground up in this game.
The very basic flow of the game will follow this design:
  • Terraform the land
  • Zone the land for your city
  • Build the structures that make up your city
  • Manage all aspects of the city for everything from transportation, utilities, emergency management, natural resources, and commerce.
  • Continue to grow your city. Meet the demands of the civilization you have created and respond to natural and unnatural disasters to make your city as great as you want it to be. Civitas will include a fully featured day-night system for added realism.

We have already started working hard on the tools and features to allow players to experience a level of freedom that has never been offered in a city simulation game before. But, we are not setting anything in stone. We want to build a community as well as amazing game. We will be asking for feedback from beta users through out the entire development cycle to make sure players have everything they need, and as much freedom as possible.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#35 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:49

Road Redemption - A spiritual successor to the Road Rash series.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#36 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 15:40

As much as I'd like to witness the 'spiritual successor' to Road Rash, it needs to be enabled for embedding.

#37 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 15:56

Or you could just click the link >_>
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#38 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 22:52

Oh yeah, such fond memories of the Road Rash days ^^ . And fantastic music as well. Shame, the project doesn't look like it's going to make it =o .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 21:21

Shows what you know. 8|

$164,250 (with a $160,000 goal) and 38 hours to go. |8

Can't wait for this! :D
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#40 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 21:38

Backed! :D

Also going to give Road Rash another spin :D .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#41 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 17:09

This game looks interesting http://www.kickstart...-worlds-elite-0

The creative director of the original SOCOM games wants to bring you the spiritual successor to those breakout PlayStation 2 shooters.
Posted Image
H-Hour: World’s Elite is a tactical, team-based, military shooter. Our first release is a core multiplayer experience on PC that includes no less than six maps, four new gameplay modes, and our comprehensive community-building/clan management tools.
Like many fans of the early SOCOMs, you may be among the legions asking for an HD version of SOCOM II. This isn’t that. We’re not here to simply deliver the past in a prettier package. We’re building the spiritual successor to the early SOCOM games from the ground up. H-Hour: World’s Elite is immediate, realistic, multiplayer-oriented and team-based. It is an experience directly inspired by the SOCOM series because those games were the starting point. H-Hour is several miles down the road that we traveled with SOCOM, the kind of shooter that SOCOM would have become if I had continued to helm the series beyond the second release.
And while SOCOM focused on the U.S. Navy SEALs for its content, the H-Hour project will lean on the creative experience of its director and its President, Tom, a retired Army veteran to help shape the vision and incorporate aspects of multiple special forces groups from around the globe, formally known in H-Hour as the World's Elite.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:48

I'm just gonna leave this here for chyros

http://www.kickstart...satellite-reign

"A real-time, class-based strategy game, set in an open world cyberpunk city, from the creator of Syndicate Wars."

#43 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:53

Yeah, I saw it, but tbh there was not that much that reminded me of SW. Hoping to see more stuff about this game soon, am curious what direction they're going to take it in.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:18

http://www.kickstart...el?ref=category

#45 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 21:47

Shame it's a multiplayer game; It looked interesting.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#46 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:51

View PostBob, on 17 July 2013 - 21:47, said:

Shame it's a multiplayer game; It looked interesting.
Very interesting actually.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#47 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 18:09

Then there's this...

http://www.kickstart...ject-ravensdale

#48 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 19:30

View PostBob, on 17 July 2013 - 21:47, said:

Shame it's a multiplayer game;

...That's a bad thing, how exactly?

#49 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 20:34

Because I prefer singleplayer games?

I can't be arsed to play multiplayer only games - Getting thrashed for several weeks before you get to grips with a game isn't my idea of fun.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#50 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 23:19

Catacomb Kids

Looks like Spelunky on steroids :xD: . Made in (small) conjuction with Derek Yu, creator of Spelunky.

Kickstarter: http://www.kickstart...like-platformer

Recently Greenlit as well: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=192229324
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users