8 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 14:37

http://www.crytek.co...shooter-of-2013

So we get to play as...Prophet apparently. With bow and arrow! It's due to be released in spring 2013.

This Screenshot from the Crysis 3 Facebook page shows Prophet holding a Bow and Arrow, and a SCARAB on his back. Standing on the probably broken-off head of the Statue of Liberty.
Posted Image

Spoiler

Edited by Sgt. Rho, 16 April 2012 - 14:56.

#2 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts
  • Projects: New!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 23:36

But didn't we stop the Aliens at America in Crysis 2?
This just doesn't fit at all... If we were fighting at germany, okay, since if I recall correctly, it's where we headed when the game was over.

Maybe I missed something from the story? :P

But it could be a nice game to test our rig :D

Edited by Gen.Kenobi, 16 April 2012 - 23:37.

"The entire ocean. The entire world. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what Tidal Wars really is... is freedom."
Posted Image

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#3 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 00:40

Well, it plays in 2047...And we only defeated the Ceph in New York :P

Edited by Sgt. Rho, 17 April 2012 - 01:11.

#4 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:46

hmm interesting. I welcome the jungle atmosphere. More screens here. I just wish that PC MP won't be filled with hackers like last time.

#5 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:17

View PostRaven, on 17 April 2012 - 03:46, said:

hmm interesting. I welcome the jungle atmosphere. More screens here. I just wish that PC MP won't be filled with hackers like last time.

Looks awesome, though I will need to seriously upgrade my PC to run it on full specs :P

#6 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:30

Actually, they are rather quick to swing the banhammer on hackers in Crysis 2, everytime I reported a hacker he was gone in less than a day.

#7 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 14:55

Have they released the system reqs? I might also have to upgrade. I thought EA would hold off Crysis for the next gen consoles. On the other hand if they target the current consoles, we might have a good chance of playing it with current specs on high settings, the last Crysis was playable on High settings for me.

@Rho: I really enjoyed the Crysis MP but the hackers sort of turned me off. They may be shutting them down, but there were too many of em. I think the fact that Pirate copies could also play the MP was a major factor in this.

I guess this would conclude the Crysis triology. Its interesting to see how it would end.

#8 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 15:22

I've not seen a single hacker the past few weeks. The system requirements will likely be somewhat lower than Crysis 2, since it uses the CryEngine 3 and I bet they further optimized it, as they did with the CryEngine 2 for Crysis Warhead.

#9 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:33

Yep I hope so. Perhaps I should give it a try again then. Need to re-install it. I backed up my install files. Hope Origin would let me do it like with steam.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users