Diablo 3

49 replies to this topic

#26 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:23

Do you get lag in the Single player part also?

#27 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:32

Oh one more thing, the bosses are even more stupidly easy with 4 people, because you can just have someone run around resurrrecting people. And yeah, I get lag in singleplayer :(
Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:01

OK let's get this thing clear:

THERE IS NO SINGLE PLAYER.

Well there is a single playet but not in the traditional sense.
You play alone, but you are stil at the mercy of the infamous server. The game lags, because the servers are so damn stuffed with alot of ppl playing. No matter do you play alone or with friends, you end up playing online.

Edited by Wanderer, 18 May 2012 - 03:08.

#29 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:33

Alright Chyros - if you're up to try again tonight, it should be a lot better. Now getting maximum 450 ping on the Euro servers, much more pleasant. I'll try again closer to peak Euro time but hopefully it stays reasonably stable - although it is still pretty laggy. Might be best off for us to start fresh on the US servers, should definitely be a lot better for me, and shouldn't be too bad for you.

Edited by Alias, 18 May 2012 - 05:38.

Posted Image

#30 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:52

View PostAlias, on 18 May 2012 - 05:33, said:

Alright Chyros - if you're up to try again tonight, it should be a lot better. Now getting maximum 450 ping on the Euro servers, much more pleasant. I'll try again closer to peak Euro time but hopefully it stays reasonably stable - although it is still pretty laggy. Might be best off for us to start fresh on the US servers, should definitely be a lot better for me, and shouldn't be too bad for you.
I don't think I'll have that bad a lag wherever we go so we'll just do whatever gets you the most playable game :xD: . Same story, after work?
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#31 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 14:21

Alright, so I finally finished it solo tonight, and while it wasn't long per se, it wasn't that short either. According to the game clock I've spent a little over 15 hours which is pretty decent, considering I still have 4 other characters to go through along with 3 other difficulty levels.

View PostChyros, on 18 May 2012 - 09:52, said:

I don't think I'll have that bad a lag wherever we go so we'll just do whatever gets you the most playable game :xD: . Same story, after work?
Might be a little later, I may head to bed really early considering I'm loaded with various sorts of depressants at the moment and get up very early in comparison. 6 or 7 hours from this post fine?

Posted Image

#32 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 14:24

View PostAlias, on 18 May 2012 - 14:21, said:

Alright, so I finally finished it solo tonight, and while it wasn't long per se, it wasn't that short either. According to the game clock I've spent a little over 15 hours which is pretty decent, considering I still have 4 other characters to go through along with 3 other difficulty levels.

View PostChyros, on 18 May 2012 - 09:52, said:

Might be a little later, I may head to bed really early considering I'm loaded with various sorts of depressants at the moment and get up very early in comparison. 6 or 7 hours from this post fine?
Yeah sure, I have plenty to do anyway.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 18 May 2012 - 16:05

I know this isn't the most serious of videos, but I think it still deserves its place in this topic :P

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#34 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 16:15

Posted Image

#35 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 18:04

I can get past the login screen just fine, but ingame the lag is horrible :(
Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 18:31

What IS error 37 even? Oo
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 20:01

It's an error that happened a lot to the American players of Diablo and kept most of them from logging in for a few hours after the game was supposed to be playable.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HRUdjEKvjHk

Edited by CJ, 18 May 2012 - 20:03.

#38 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 20:16

Was it 37 or 75 that meant that the login-servers were overloaded and you had to try again?

#39 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 00:07

I'm in nightmare now and while I do enjoy the combat I am already getting a bit bored? Why? well thats simple, the loot is utterly unimaginative and boring it's also still to damn easy..

As a sorc, my pattern of thought basically goes like this..

The way to judge an upgrade in this game is "Does it have Intelligence and Vitality? If no, break it down for 1-2 nearly useless crafting mats. If yes, does it have more Intelligence and Vitality than what I'm wearing? If yes, put it on. If no, break it down."

What happened to crushing blow, open wounds, chance to do X on hit, chance to cast X when hit, chance to freeze, prevent monster heal, fire/lightning/poison/cold absorb - and that is just a small sample.

I mean just compare the sheer amount of unique items in D2 and how varied they are - http://classic.battl...s/uniques.shtml
In comparison to the boring mediocrity uniques are in D3 - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/

Honestly, I have little desire to play currently unless the items are overhauled.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 20 May 2012 - 00:12.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:26

The easification of current games is accompanied by equally great boringness. Though I can't say I'm bored yet, considering I'm just a very low level yet, I wouldn't be surprised if it would get boring on me eventually.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#41 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:12

I have an honest question for those who played the game :
Is it really good enough to justify all the fuss that's happening about it, or is it just because you guys liked Diablo 2 so much? And would it be worth getting for someone who never played the previous games?

#42 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:25

To be honest, everyone I've talked to now who's played it, whether they've played D2 or not, and including me, certainly enjoy it, but play it with certain reservations. But it's very hard to say whether someone will like it or not - moreover, a short play won't really tell you anything.

If you know someone who has bought it, ask them about their guest passes - you get two passes that allow friends to play a decent-length "demo" of it basically. I gave mine away already to my housemates but there's plenty of fish in the sea.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 13:10

Well as far as guest passes go, I've still got my two loitering around - if you want to give it a go CJ I can get the details to you?
For there can be no death without life.

#44 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 13:19

One more question, does it live up to Blizzard standards? I mean is it just a good game, or is it something above good that still does not feel the quality of Blizzard titles? (I have never played any Diablo titles and am intrigued). But currently don't have much time to play. So don't feel like spending money on it.

#45 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 14:25

Although the game is certainly enjoyable I am not quite sure what exactly I think of it.. I mean currently to get my diablo fix, I'm not playing D3, I'm playing D2 again... D3 just doesn't grab you like D2 does, simply because the items are so utterly fucking boring and alot of the time - worthless.

As it is, this game - while fun to play - is my new biggest disappointment after DA2.

I still remember with great fondness the items I've had on nearly all my D2 characters. When you found a unique it was a real high, especially if it was one you could use - and because the items had thought behind them, an item you found at level 26 could last well into the 40's for example -

I've had 3 legendarys drop for me in D3, sure I had an initial rush in seeing the colour drop, but once I looked at them - erugh! Even if I had been able to use it, or it had had the right assortment of stats, in 2 levels a blue would be better anyway :(

I would post a screen of my D2 sorc, but for some reason it doesn't come out right, probably due to my widescreen mod.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 20 May 2012 - 14:33.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 16:42

This is just stupid. We can't play a SINGLE PLAYER GAME because blizzards servers are fubar. Again. :duh:

#47 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 19:01

View PostAJ, on 20 May 2012 - 13:10, said:

Well as far as guest passes go, I've still got my two loitering around - if you want to give it a go CJ I can get the details to you?

Thanks for the offer mate, but after seeing Ion's reply I think I'll stay away from the game. Mainly because I'll never buy a game with such a crappy and not even working DRM :/

#48 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 19:04

To be fair, them being Blizzard they'll fix it. The one thing you know of Blizzard products is that it'll be taken good care of.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:16

I maybe interested in one of those guest passes once the servers are in working order, would suck to be trying to play the game for a limited time if the damn servers are always down :P.

Edited by Soul, 21 May 2012 - 02:16.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#50 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:27

Well if anybody wants a guest pass, I have two of them available. PM me if you want them, first two people to do so get them. |8
For there can be no death without life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users