Memes

17 replies to this topic

#1 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:54

Thankfully, this phenomenon died down a little but for a while, Facebook was overrun by newfags who simply made the worst things possible and spread cancer all around.

Discuss.
Posted Image

#2 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:26

Can't quite say so, my own newsfeed is being flooded by my classmate's crappy memes.

Sareen said:

NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOO ...*closes ears* lalalala that never happened!

#3 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:55

Memes are always funny to use, what buggers me about this thread is Facebook.
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre

#4 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:03

View PostKrieger22, on 03 June 2012 - 09:26, said:

Can't quite say so, my own newsfeed is being flooded by my classmate's crappy memes.

Same here, our country got on the memes bandwagon very late, so now it's practically all you see on FB.
That's why I stopped using the bloody thing altogether.

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#5 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 13:45

I still use Facebook for its intended purpose but yeah I unsubscribed from a great many people recently :P
Posted Image

#6 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 03 June 2012 - 14:11

View PostLiten, on 03 June 2012 - 10:55, said:

Whats wrong about facebook apart from the dumbcunts that use it? I think its a great tool to use to keep in contacts with overseas mates.

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#7 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 14:13

View PostScope, on 03 June 2012 - 13:45, said:

I still use Facebook for its intended purpose but yeah I unsubscribed from a great many people recently :P
I flipped the subscription setting on the offender to "important only". As it turns out nothing on the internet is important to him :xD:

Sareen said:

#8 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 14:59

View PostScope, on 03 June 2012 - 08:54, said:

Thankfully, this phenomenon died down a little but for a while, Facebook was overrun by newfags who simply made the worst things possible and spread cancer all around.

Discuss.

Newfags? Cancer? Scope, did you start browsing /b/ while you've been gone?

I hate rage comics, "le" and stuff like "Arrow to the knee". The sort that gets overused/misused to the point where they get annoying.

Edited by SquigPie, 03 June 2012 - 15:03.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#9 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 03 June 2012 - 15:07

View PostSquigPie, on 03 June 2012 - 14:59, said:

Discuss.

I hate rage comics, "le" and stuff like "Arrow to the knee". The sort that gets overused/misused to the point where they get annoying.

So, what's that have to do with FB? Just delete the 3-4 idiots on your friends list that spam that and you'll be fine 8|

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#10 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 17:21

People in this very forum post rage comics :P

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#11 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 03 June 2012 - 17:40

even internet memes have infected the real life. I blame 9gag.

#12 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 17:56

View Postn5p29, on 03 June 2012 - 17:40, said:

Luckily it is not widespread here yet. As almost all of them being on english :P
About facebook, it has nice option like removing friends, so if you don't like people posting shit to your wall( or was that wall ? long time passed since I used it ) just remove them and it will be over :)

#13 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 21:35

If you removed me from Facebook I shall be devastated, to spam your feed is to live!! |8

In all seriousness though, the unsubscribe button has become the best addition to Facebook ever, means I can get by without being spammed (although I do still have George Takei as one of my subscribed, as well as Diabetes Memes, because they're both great fun).

Interetsing sidenote, it did recently prompt me to add people to my 'close friends' list. Since then I've been notified constantly of their activity. It's like spam 2.0 D8
For there can be no death without life.

#14 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 21:42

View PostAJ, on 03 June 2012 - 21:35, said:

If you removed me from Facebook I shall be devastated, to spam your feed is to live!! |8

In all seriousness though, the unsubscribe button has become the best addition to Facebook ever, means I can get by without being spammed (although I do still have George Takei as one of my subscribed, as well as Diabetes Memes, because they're both great fun).

Interetsing sidenote, it did recently prompt me to add people to my 'close friends' list. Since then I've been notified constantly of their activity. It's like spam 2.0 D8

I enjoy your updates actually :P btw when do you graduate?

View PostGeneral, on 03 June 2012 - 17:56, said:

Luckily it is not widespread here yet. As almost all of them being on english :P
About facebook, it has nice option like removing friends, so if you don't like people posting shit to your wall( or was that wall ? long time passed since I used it ) just remove them and it will be over :)

9GAAAAGGGGGG!!!!! Do not mention that.

View PostSquigPie, on 03 June 2012 - 14:59, said:

Discuss.

/b/? What is that? :read:
Posted Image

#15 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:16

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 03 June 2012 - 14:11, said:

Whats wrong about facebook apart from the dumbcunts that use it? I think its a great tool to use to keep in contacts with overseas mates.
That's exactly the problem. I don't hate the site, I hate the idiots that use it as their own personal blog (kinda how you use FS as yours) where they can post whatever they please.

Noteable example, Status updates after the Tsunami hit Fukishima last year:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre

#16 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:06

View PostLiten, on 04 June 2012 - 06:16, said:

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 03 June 2012 - 14:11, said:

That's exactly the problem. I don't hate the site, I hate the idiots that use it as their own personal blog (kinda how you use FS as yours) where they can post whatever they please.

Noteable example, Status updates after the Tsunami hit Fukishima last year:
Posted Image

But the whole point of Facebook is to be able to keep track of your own life which in a way is what a blog is for. It's not a single purpose sit and that's why they have the potential to make a lot of money. It does really encourage attention whoring though.
Posted Image

#17 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:20

View PostScope, on 03 June 2012 - 21:42, said:

View PostGeneral, on 03 June 2012 - 17:56, said:

9GAAAAGGGGGG!!!!! Do not mention that.
(read this in Jeremy Clarkson's voice) I went on the internet, and I found this:
Posted Image
Still have no idea why they used the Human Centipede though D8

Sareen said:

#18 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:40

It starts out as food, after getting through the first step, it turns to shit.

Edited by SquigPie, 04 June 2012 - 11:40.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users