CoLT's WIP Thread

68 replies to this topic

#26 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts
  • Projects: Untitled, Generation X, March of the Cursed Reich (Working Title)

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:12

Another update here.

It's a SuperHeavy Tank for my mod. Guess what it's based on? :P

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:52

Quick update.

I thought the hull was a little plain so I added more things. Everybody loves more things. So long as they aren't nice, or it'll get broken and then we can't have more nice things anymore.... or something.
Anyway, I've added some tools to the front of the hull as well as some pipes to the rear connecting the fuel drum to the hull, and thereby to the engine. Not sure as yet how I'm going to make the turret turn without clipping anything though. Oh and there's a dual 20mm autocannon mounted on the roof. Probably for AA... probably.

Here's the render.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:42

Another update. Wow 3 in one day.

Here's a render of the Rocket Artillery variant of the APC on the previous page. Pictured is the deployed and undeployed version as well as a render of the actual rocket.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 15:06

This must be some kind of record.... Or at least a new personal best.

3 models complete in a single day?

This is a heavy tank in service with the Pan-African Confederacy (PAC). They call it the Babylonian Lion (Asad Babil in Arabic). It is rumored to be developed from a Soviet blueprint smuggled out of the Soviet Union by its designer Zhozef Kotin days before Soviet Russia fell to German forces.
Worried about its structural integrity, the PAC opted to upgrade the tank with applique armour, particularly around its gun mantlet. It is armed with a 122mm M62-T2 gun (the same design that the PLA based their main gun on), as well as a long-barreled 12.7mm Coaxial Heavy Machinegun.
(In actuality, the extra armour around the gun happened as a result of me using the 'Extrude' tool and... it just sorta became like that. But after looking at it, I thought it looked kind of cool so I left it like that.)

Model is unoptimised right now.
Here is the render. (One internetz to anyone who can guess the original real-life tank that it is based on. And no, it is not the T-72, even though it shares the name.)

Posted Image

Edited by CoLT, 18 August 2012 - 15:08.

Posted Image

#30 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 18:19

Another one for today.

It's a light strike/recon jeep for the USA. It's based on something futuristic and if you don't know what it is then maybe you aren't a gamer :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:04

Went back to making infantry.

This is the basic USA infantry. Named the Sentinel. Essentially, they are paramilitary police enforcers. However, since the US is a police state in my mod, they are the only form of armed force in the US when they are dragged into the war. While they carry very high tech equipment, it is designed for law enforcement and not for an all-out war. They are armed with the MX-13 7.62mm Semi-automatic rifle. It features a 3x optical sight and an underbarrel shotgun.
Their helmet covers their entire head and is equipped with light amplification sensors to help them see in low-light conditions. It also has an in-built HUD with motion detection. It can also detect heartbeats through walls and has accurate sound-location and detection sensors.
With this helmet, the Sentinel can see, hear and sense any living being anywhere within 200m of them, in any condition and even whilst under fire.

However, they had not counted on fighting a large enemy force. Let alone one whose soldiers had no heartbeat.

Here is the render:
Posted Image

Polycount: approx. 700 to 800. Texture is still WIP but more or less finalised, in terms of layout.
Posted Image

#32 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:05

Sentinel's Rifle is Mapped and Textured. Tweaked the skin a bit too, Anyone got suggestions for names? Sentinel is still a lil iffy.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 14:33

Just a fun render of the Jeep and the sentinels inside.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Bakelitu

Casual

• 84 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:31

that Jeep looks familiar |8
got to say great stuff you got there!
Posted Image

#35 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:09

Hi all. Another update for you.

I've just completed the builder for the German side. Here are some renders and ingame screens of him. He carries a heavy duty welder to construct buildings. Not pictured: His undead skin :P Cos I've hadn't added it at the time of taking these pictures. The German infantry are all power-armor assisted undead of sorts so his uniform is supposed to be torn and showing some of the dead flesh underneath. I will adding pics of that when i have time.

Note that the red parts are housecolour.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 Bakelitu

Casual

• 84 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:35

That is some bad looking German.
I quite don't understand the "undead" part though ... so they are basicly "Nazi Zombies" in power armor?
Posted Image

#37 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 16:50

In my mod, the story goes that scientists managed to find a way to reactivate the brains of humans after they had died (provided that it was not physically damaged or had died within a certain timeframe and had not decayed significantly.), when the brains were reconnected with the dead body, they found that they were unable to control it on their own (largely due to the damage that such a body had already suffered, due to decay).

So they created a powered suit that was able to move the body parts, using a combination of clockwork machinery and steam pressure. The brains were connected electrically to the suit and they were then able to "learn" how to control the limbs. In essence, the body is still just a flesh bag filling the suit and the suit is moving the body parts around. However, the body is still required as the skeletal structure provides support for the armour and allows it to be made lighter as a result.
Clockwork machines and steam pressure were more reliable than electric motors and petrol engines were far too bulky. So what they had created was a dead man in a powered suit who could be controlled easily. They would also never tire and be able to fight endlessly. It also meant that they would be able to work non-stop.
Throughout the years, they found various uses for the differing qualities of brains that they received to work with. Since they came from various parts of the German working-classes as well as PoWs. They were used to fill many niches, from frontline soldiers to factory workers. Even supply gatherers (their supply gatherers are brains in protective domes with rotors and metal claws for arms, enabling them to be small and fly around to gather supplies).

Here's the picture with the updated textures.
Posted Image
It's hard to see in the pics but compared it to the previous screenshots and you'll see the difference.

Anyway, here's a render of the new texture.
Posted Image

EDIT: Btw, if you look at the screenshots you can see the steam pouring out of his overpressure vent. It's on his back where the steam pump is housed.

Edited by CoLT, 23 August 2012 - 16:51.

Posted Image

#38 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:54

Hi all,

This is a model I made a couple of months ago. I've started skinning it. Bear in mind that this is a WIP and some parts aren't skinned. Also there are some banners and other objects that are supposed to be Housecolor which are not shown (because they aren't finalised yet).
Also, the white part on the "floor" bib is supposed to be alpha. But it's not displaying in 3dsmax for some reason. Anyone can help me out there?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:33

Exterior is done!

Now to finalise the housecolors.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 14:01

Interior Textures are now done.
Still no housecolor yet.

Here's the render of the ElectroMagnetic Drive with the doors closed.
Posted Image

And here's a render of it open.
Posted Image

In case you can't picture the animation, here's the video of it: Video!
(Do check it out, it took forever to render)
Posted Image

#41 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:24

Another render here. This is the drone carrier. It's the primary supply gatherer for the Germans. Simply park this behemoth next to a supply dock and the drones will do the rest.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 20:41

View PostCoLT, on 18 August 2012 - 10:12, said:

Another update here.

It's a SuperHeavy Tank for my mod. Guess what it's based on? :P

Posted Image

Maus. Any self respecting World of Tanks player has to know that, surely?!
For there can be no death without life.

#43 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:57

View PostCoLT, on 24 August 2012 - 04:54, said:

the white part on the "floor" bib is supposed to be alpha. But it's not displaying in 3dsmax for some reason. Anyone can help me out there?

W3D materials don't work for renders. You have to use a standard material with an opacity map.

#44 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:22

View PostAJ, on 26 August 2012 - 20:41, said:

View PostCoLT, on 18 August 2012 - 10:12, said:

Another update here. It's a SuperHeavy Tank for my mod. Guess what it's based on? :P Posted Image
Maus. Any self respecting World of Tanks player has to know that, surely?!

AJ, I somehow knew it'd be you to answer this haha. Yeah, that's a Maus. Or rather a Maus-M.

View PostZeke, on 27 August 2012 - 02:57, said:

View PostCoLT, on 24 August 2012 - 04:54, said:

the white part on the "floor" bib is supposed to be alpha. But it's not displaying in 3dsmax for some reason. Anyone can help me out there?
W3D materials don't work for renders. You have to use a standard material with an opacity map.

Yeah I noticed. Oh well.
Posted Image

#45 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 18:07

First attempt at aircraft.

Posted Image

This is a strike aircraft for the German side in my mod. The pilot sits above and the co-pilot/gunner sits below, in the front.
Posted Image

#46 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 19:37

If it wasn't for the jet engines under the main body I'd have thought it was a sea plane.... :/

#47 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:58

Another update for you all.

Posted Image

It's the MG42! :)
Polycount: 356, Optimised.
Total Workhours: 2.5

EDIT: @Wiz, Yeah I noticed the body is a little round but that's part of the design. It's inspired by both the Me-262 and Me-163. The body is rounded like the Me-163. It's also because the bomb bay needs space.

Edited by CoLT, 02 September 2012 - 11:00.

Posted Image

#48 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 16:46

This is a base defence for my German Faction.
Posted Image

The walls and bib are actually the foundation and it'll work similar to component towers in Tiberian Sun. So you only build the base and then you can build various defenses on it. The twin MG42s are part of an anti-infantry and low-tech anti-air defence. It's still not yet finished. There will also be anti-vehicle and higher-level anti-air systems available.
The defences are all semi-automated. They are controlled by an encased brain which works through an interpretative computer to control the system. In the case of heavier and more complex systems, more than one brain is necessary.

EDIT: Just noticed the UVW error on the concrete wall. Fixed it.

Edited by CoLT, 02 September 2012 - 16:53.

Posted Image

#49 Bakelitu

Casual

• 84 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 17:32

View PostCoLT, on 02 September 2012 - 10:58, said:

Another update for you all.

Posted Image

It's the MG42! :)
Polycount: 356, Optimised.
Total Workhours: 2.5

EDIT: @Wiz, Yeah I noticed the body is a little round but that's part of the design. It's inspired by both the Me-262 and Me-163. The body is rounded like the Me-163. It's also because the bomb bay needs space.

Dam I love this beast! really good job on that.
Posted Image

#50 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:59

View PostMobiusOne, on 02 September 2012 - 17:32, said:

Dam I love this beast! really good job on that.

Glad you like it!

Got another 2 models I'm working on here.

First one is a command centre for my German Faction. It's called the citadel and first thing you might notice is that it has two doors. A small one at the front where infantry units such as the constructor are built. Next to it on the right is a larger roller door where the larger vehicles are built. One of these vehicles will be their supply collector, which is huge.
Posted Image

Next is the Anti-Air Gun. It's an 88mm Flak cannon. Based on the original and famous Flak-88. It is modernised, however, with a newly designed barrel and muzzle brake as well as a semi-automatic feeding mechanism that can hold 5 rounds, plus one in the breech. Also features an automatic extractor which doubles-up as a shell rammer. In game, this will act as an airplane sniper. It'll have a short pre-firing delay while it calculates the ballistic trajectory and then it fires a high-velocity, air-burst, high-explosive, fragmentation shell that does serious damage to any aircraft. However, it will have a long delay in between each shot due to the weight of the rounds and the complexity of the feeding mechanism. It will also need to time to reload the ready magazine after firing five rounds. Therefore, it will still require backup smaller-caliber AA guns to support it. On its own though, any pilot would serve well staying out of this gun's way.
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users