Kickstarter Flops

2 replies to this topic

#1 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 19:05

Today I looked into Kicktraq (A Kickstarter tracking website), in specifically this page, where it lists all the projects that about to end.

Some of the projects of course have made lots of money and its great to see the support, however some projects fail to get even one backer and resort to bots to increase their video views :P

Here are two cringe worthy projects I've found so far:

FINISH MY ALBUM AND MUSIC VIDEO (I haven't changed the name, that is exactly what the project is called)

This project just ended and this has to be one of the worst videos I've watched in a while ( I say watched but in reality I only got less than half way through).

It lures you in with its seemingly 'big' budget motion graphics and then lets you down with a cringe inducing song with lyrics that make no sense.

Here is a extract:

"Where did your heart go
Did you put it on a train
Did you leave it in the rain
Or down in Mexico"

Just to note that the video has 757,406 views, we can only assume that it's either bots, magic or bots doing magical work.

Christmas with Rob Maletick

Who is Rob Maletick, well he assumes you know and he also assumes that you love backing on Christmas projects in the summer. Well at least it ended up with one backer who stumped up $10, Cathryn Maletick. Not the most successful project I've seen but at least it's better than the first one.

Honorary mention for this, a little bit of bad acting to top it off.

If you find any more Kickstarter Flops post them here so we can all see the people who want our money, but can't be bothered to try.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#2 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 19:44

Those lyrics really speak to me. I once went on Holiday to Mexico, I accidentally left me heart on a train, in the rain. That was a very dark moment in my life. If only I had known about this kickstarter project before it reach the deadline.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#3 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 21:00

Sorry Bob, I didn't know D:

I should of guessed considering how many times you visit Mexico via train.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users