Time to 'Go My Own Way'

25 replies to this topic

#1 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 21:39

Hello chaps,

Some of you may or may not remember when I first joined FS way back in '07, but it was a vastly different place back then, with a core concentration on Shockwave, from where pretty much everything started. Since joining, I do believe I've done almost everything FS has had to offer me - I've moderated the wiki, moderated the forums, beta-tested for several different projects, written lore for others, administrated the entire community, paid for servers, and, of course, reliably cocked up a few times too. However, I like to think that for the most part, I have played my part in making a worthwhile contribution to FS.

However, as they say, all good things must come to an end, and it is therefore, with a slight amount of regret, that I choose to resign my post as an admin on FS. The reasons for this are several, however, the most important reason is due to starting a new, full-time job in London - I no longer have the spare time to run the administration of this community effectively, even on the perhaps more limited capacity that is required these days. It's not a particularly great feeling, but I know that I will be unable to fulfill my required functions.

And therefore, I bid you fine folks adieu. However, I am not gone for good, and will still certainly check in on the forums on a semi-regular basis. You can't get rid of me that easy! I shall, as they say, go my own way :)

AJ, out.
For there can be no death without life.

#2 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 12 September 2012 - 21:55

Does that mean we can finally ban you for being a bot now?

Ah well, best of luck to you with your new job, and don't forget about us when you become as rich as Wiz :<
It's kinda sad to see my favorite admin go away though, who's gonna protect me from Bob's power abuse now? D:

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#3 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 22:09

Well, don't think you can ban me, but if Bob fancies using his powers to ban me I can't really prevent it anymore... |8

Plus, as I said, I'm not really going anywhere, I'm just relinquishing my duties. Still be here to watch you fail horribly at LoL :P

#4 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 22:14

See you around, mate. 8|

Really don't understand how people can be bad at LoL, it really is easy mode.

Edited by Alias, 12 September 2012 - 22:14.

Posted Image

#5 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 22:32

View PostAJ, on 12 September 2012 - 22:09, said:

Well, don't think you can ban me, but if Bob fancies using his powers to ban me I can't really prevent it anymore... |8

Plus, as I said, I'm not really going anywhere, I'm just relinquishing my duties. Still be here to watch you fail horribly at LoL :P

How can you watch me when you were so smart that you actually chose to play on the NA server when you're in Britain? 8|

#6 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 22:40

Good luck on your endeavors, mate. :)

View PostCJ, on 12 September 2012 - 21:55, said:

Does that mean we can finally ban you for being a bot now?

Ah well, best of luck to you with your new job, and don't forget about us when you become as rich as Wiz :&lt;
It's kinda sad to see my favorite admin go away though, who's gonna protect me from Bob's power abuse now? D:

:Ban:
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#7 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 23:02

It's a great shame to see you go mate. You've been a part of the furniture around here for such a long time that it will not be the same without you. It was a shame that we were never really able to get what we wanted to happen to FS going whilst you were here, and almost certainly never will now.

Good luck with the job. It is certainly time you moved on to being someone else's minion. I think the odds of them being worse than Ben are, quite frankly, so small they may as well be zero!

Let me know on FB when you are set up and I'll come meet you for a few beers 8|

#8 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 23:19

Good luck with everything mate, time for a well-earned rest for you.

Until I get over there of course Posted Image .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts
  • Projects: Untitled, Generation X, March of the Cursed Reich (Working Title)

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:35

All the best, AJ.
Posted Image

#10 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:09

Well, all the best for your future endeavors. :)

Sareen said:

NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOO ...*closes ears* lalalala that never happened!

#11 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:33

noooo... another one's down. D8
anyway, good luck with the job.

#12 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:31

I know how it feels to be a full-timer, AJ. Well since you're checking back often, have fun, good luck in your work. Work's tough for all of us. :P
Posted Image

#13 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:45

View PostAJ, on 12 September 2012 - 21:39, said:

the most important reason is due to starting a new, full-time job in London - I no longer have the spare time to run the administration of this community effectively

COP OOOOOOOUT!
Your AJ you can do EVERY THING!
Im a full time worker doing up to 80+ hours a week and i can still come here to annoy people now why can't you?
So whos being promoted to admin now?

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#14 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:51

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 14 September 2012 - 12:45, said:

No one.

#15 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 14 September 2012 - 13:04

Sounds like fun for the work load of the current ones.

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#16 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 13:04

View PostWizard, on 14 September 2012 - 12:51, said:

No one.
The admins have formed an unholy triumvirate that will last until the end of days |8 .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 13:20

View PostChyros, on 14 September 2012 - 13:04, said:

View PostWizard, on 14 September 2012 - 12:51, said:

No one.
The admins have formed an unholy triumvirate that will last until the end of days |8 .
Dat was wot we woz finking 8|

#18 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:44

Good luck on the journey of life AJ. Perhaps we shall cross paths one day as well ;)
Posted Image

#19 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 20:09

View PostCJ, on 12 September 2012 - 22:32, said:

How can you watch me when you were so smart that you actually chose to play on the NA server when you're in Britain? 8|

Who said I didn't have an EU West account too ;)

View PostWizard, on 12 September 2012 - 23:02, said:

It's a great shame to see you go mate. You've been a part of the furniture around here for such a long time that it will not be the same without you. It was a shame that we were never really able to get what we wanted to happen to FS going whilst you were here, and almost certainly never will now.

Good luck with the job. It is certainly time you moved on to being someone else's minion. I think the odds of them being worse than Ben are, quite frankly, so small they may as well be zero!

Let me know on FB when you are set up and I'll come meet you for a few beers 8|

Yeah, it is a crying shame, and as I said, I did not leave without a pang of regret, of things not done. However, I don't think we really quite ever got the opportunity we needed, more was the utmost shame. Not worried about the minioning, am currently in Angel doing a few weeks of training at financial college so it's not too strenuous :P And will certainly let you know when I am available properly in London, then I do believe drinks are in order, prior to or with Tom & co.

View PostChyros, on 12 September 2012 - 23:19, said:

Good luck with everything mate, time for a well-earned rest for you.

Until I get over there of course Posted Image .

Rest? You know where I'm working, right? :P

View PostAJ, on 12 September 2012 - 21:39, said:

the most important reason is due to starting a new, full-time job in London - I no longer have the spare time to run the administration of this community effectively

COP OOOOOOOUT!
Your AJ you can do EVERY THING!
Im a full time worker doing up to 80+ hours a week and i can still come here to annoy people now why can't you?

Not a cop out, just re-prioritising :P

View PostScope, on 15 September 2012 - 07:44, said:

Good luck on the journey of life AJ. Perhaps we shall cross paths one day as well ;)

Well if you were to ever get your lazy arse to the UK some day like you promised I'd imagine we probably would |8

#20 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 21:43

View PostAJ, on 16 September 2012 - 20:09, said:

You piece of shit, you told me you didn't play on EUW yourself :<

#21 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 22:18

View PostCJ, on 16 September 2012 - 21:43, said:

View PostAJ, on 16 September 2012 - 20:09, said:

You piece of shit, you told me you didn't play on EUW yourself :<

Only recently got one to play with some of my UK-based friends, unfortunately still lacking a PC on which to play it so I'll be inactive for a while yet. Sometime in the near future, though, I intend to be back to it :P

#22 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 00:47

Reading that post while listening to that track was oddly touching. Perhaps the end of ends, We must all move on one day. It is my wish, and I'm sure many members past and present, that the data bunker remain open for all time. If necessary I will host, or provide financial baking so that many years from now I can reflect on all the wonderful people and times I have met and had here.

I'm not ashamed to admit I shed a tear, recalling all the fun and tragedy (I still think about CommanderJB sometimes) I have experienced thanks to members like you AJ. I feel as though with this my childhood is over, and will never forget and sincerely hope the connections made here last a lifetime.

-Your Friend Nem: Corbin Bradley

Edited by Nem, 22 September 2012 - 00:47.

#23 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:25

View PostNem, on 22 September 2012 - 00:47, said:

Reading that post while listening to that track was oddly touching. Perhaps the end of ends, We must all move on one day. It is my wish, and I'm sure many members past and present, that the data bunker remain open for all time. If necessary I will host, or provide financial baking so that many years from now I can reflect on all the wonderful people and times I have met and had here.

I'm not ashamed to admit I shed a tear, recalling all the fun and tragedy (I still think about CommanderJB sometimes) I have experienced thanks to members like you AJ. I feel as though with this my childhood is over, and will never forget and sincerely hope the connections made here last a lifetime.

-Your Friend Nem: Corbin Bradley

I don't believe that the Data Bunker is going to go anywhere any time soon, the very worst that would happen is that it could be transplanted into a wiki-hosting site such as Wikia.

to be brutally honest, I was very sad whilst writing that post, it did indeed lead me to reflect upon everything that has gone on in these last few years, and suffice to say, they were life altering, I have absolutely no shame in unequivocally stating that without the experiences I have had on this website, I would not be the person that I am today - whether it be due to mistakes I have made, conflicts I have caused, people I have met, projects I have completed, or as you referred to, friends that I have lost. But overall, it has been a good five years, and I would not change it or the people I have met for anything. There are also certainly lifelong friendships that have been forged here; the internet has had a fantastic ability to bring us all together, for which I am extremely grateful |8

(Plus it's nice not to have any responsibility anymore, if I'm honest)

#24 GDIZOCOM

Amateur

• 104 posts
  • Projects: Something

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:15

Best of luck 8|
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 15:40

Goodbye AJ, take care on your travels away from this forum I am so incredibly active on. See you on facebook lawl.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users