Disappointed with Diablo 3? Try Torchlight 2

47 replies to this topic

#26 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:52

Not had a huge amount of time to play this, but I really like it. I am not normally one for games like this, but I do enjoy the combat :D

#27 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 05 October 2012 - 00:03

Glad to hear you're enjoying it, at some point we should probably all try and play together, I think enough of us might own it now. Time is precious atm though.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:04

i must say i really like it, it's the first time i've played this particular kind of game but as i said it's quite enjoyable :)
it's time to wake up

#29 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 14:32

Glad to hear it, it's a great introduction to the genre and IMO arguably much much much better than Diablo 3.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:08

What is everyone currently playing as/at? I am playing a Shootylander/Glaivelander atm, circa lvl 29/30 as of this post.

#31 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:18

Onslaught Emberquake Engineer, lv 64. NG+ just started act 2.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 13:11

My rather low level Prismage, will post my Outlander later.
Posted Image

Question, Ion, why do you not have Onslaught set as your 'tabbed' rmb skill? You have Flame Hammer set twice?

#33 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 17:26

Because I used to use flamehammer as my primary before emberquake and I just never changed it :P I don't use onslaught as much of a damage dealer, more for mobility and slowing down the really really nasty hard hitting mobs.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 18:05

Posted Image

My Shootylander. Went a bit OTT on the Vit and Focus before I realised that I needed Str & Dex :/

Edited by Wizard, 13 October 2012 - 18:06.

#35 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 15:30

Netherlord dead. Now......

Mapworks or NG+??

#36 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 18:15

NG+ IMO, do it via lan mode, then you can reroll the world and if you want, change the difficulty setting.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 18:31

View PostIon Cannon!, on 23 October 2012 - 18:15, said:

do it via lan mode, then you can reroll the world and if you want, change the difficulty setting.

Orly??

#38 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 18:55

If you just continue into NG+ using singleplayer all the maps will be the same as the first time around, so ya rly. There are actually rare dungeons which only spawn sometimes, like "The Thing" dungeon.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 23 October 2012 - 18:56.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:12

Recently started playing this again, holy crap my engineer looks cool! If anyone wants to do some multiplayer, either starting over or if you have a similar level character, continuing on, just let me know :)

New photobucket sucks, so I'll be looking for a new image hoster it seems :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 27 March 2013 - 04:12.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:55

Nice Engi. Why is your Outlander not loaded with Focus + Dex? Why are you not using Glaive as your main ability (lft mouse)??

I am currently having real problems with TLII and can barely get the bloody game to load. Something about an incorrectly formatted local_settings file that every time I change, it re-formats incorrectly >:(

#41 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 14:57

My Outlander is a dual wield pistols build, so strength is important for boosting the wep dmg of the pistols, and my primary damage skill is %wep dmg based. I was also wearing a piece of STR gear to enable me to use better gear. I don't use glaive, I'm focusing on poison damage, which is what venomous hail is based on, also the passive that effects +% elemental damage is 2x for poison. I also have so much crit that dexterity doesn't really give much of a bonus, with full charge I'm sitting on 50% crit. You're right about the FOC though, it was an oversight, I'm investing heavily in it now.

Have you tried verifying the game cache? failing that, uninstall and reinstall, steam will keep your saves anyway.

Engi is now level 88, NG++ :)

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 31 March 2013 - 14:58.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 15:04

I'm hooked on this game again, and the additional new content that the patch introduced has helped immensely.

I know some people might not like the look of this game visually though, it's not very dark/grim - well that's what mods are for :) Not my character FYI.

Posted Image

And here is the current state of my engineer, DPS number is simply auto attack damage with no crits, a normal hit is 10k, a crit is 45-55k and a supercharged crit is 75k-105k. Skill damage can be upwards of 300k, depending on the skill and number of crits.

Posted Image

My pride and joy :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 12 April 2013 - 15:21.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 21:26

lol @ D2 font mod. It seems that every RPG game in existence has a mod for that font.

I bought TL2 at release, but haven't played it for quite some time. It was great fun in LAN games, although there is one thing that really bugs me: This game has almost no multi-core support at all. So even though it's graphics are rather bad, it lags like hell in large battles. This also kinda ruins all my hopes for a graphic overhaul mod.
If they manage to improve that (Or have they already? Like I said, I haven't played it for a while), It could be an awesome LAN game and a good modding platform.
Posted Image

#44 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:11

Hmm, I can't say I've experienced any of the slowdowns you've described, occasionally in battle if things get particularily mental with spells it slows down a bit, but its for a short period and doesn't harm the gameplay for me.

Secondly that font is only like the D2 one, the T's are different, the mod isn't related to the font change, it's what is creating the more grim/dark look of the visuals instead.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 13 April 2013 - 01:15.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:26

Here's a rather large thread about this: http://forums.runicg...9dd7aa1587e495d
But it's from september - october, and the devs promised, they were "working on it". So I have no idea if anything has changed.

What CPU do you have? I have a rather old 2.4GHz CPU quadcore, which works fine in optimised games (BF3, Skyrim, Diablo 3, etc) in high settings but isn't really enough for TL2. And I refuse to turn down the graphics in a game that already looks like it was a decade old.

Edit: And I found a newer thread here http://forums.runicg...hp?f=54&t=54849, so I guess nothing has been fixed at all.

Edited by Stalker, 13 April 2013 - 10:29.

Posted Image

#46 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:59

I have a rather old 3.2Ghz dual core. It's the particles that do it, when it goes a bit crazy I get an FPS drop, but thats always been the way when loads of stuff is going on at once.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:58

What mods are you running btw?

I really need to start on an engi :)

#48 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 14:06

I'm running the runic respect potion mod, something which increases the draw distance of the monsters and most recently a mod which adds stat potions as rare drops - though not as rare as I would like, it won't effect the balance of my engineer much, as I'm already at endgame, however I wonder how it will balance new classes.

Update on my engineer, I now have 5 parts of the new level 105 set, it kicks arse!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users