Rogue Republic RTS coming up for you :P

RTS indie game C&C Command and Conquer alternate reality alternate history modern warfare

2 replies to this topic

Poll: What storyline should we stick to? (3 member(s) have cast votes)

What storyline should we stick to?

1. Old story about mutants in undefined country (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Dark Summer'96: Europe torn in 2 warring parts. (2 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

3. Inhabited Island: post-nuclear conflict on a distant planet (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Russia vs China or other realistic conflict (0 votes [0.00%])

5. I've come up with a better proposal! (1 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ilves

Amateur

• 134 posts
  • Projects: Rogue Republic

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:10

Hi.
I'm a team leader of an indie RTS game (check our moddb profile).
The main idea was to create a universal RTS game where you can construct your own army via Army Manager, which has a limited max. point number, so everything is balanced. Except this the player can select any county out of 30 available which affect the looks of an army, but not the balance.
For e.g. if I select a Maint Battle Tank unit, I get T-90 if I play Russia or Abrams if I play USA, Merkava for Israel and so on.
Except faction cusomization, units can be deeply customized too, rendering the same unit totally different in two factions. For e.g. Player 1 will customize his tank to bear more armor and Active Defense, while Player 2 opts for uraniam shells and tank-support drones.

Except that we wanted to return the old feeling of C&C Generals.

Some renders: (clickable)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Storyline issues:
However, we can't agree on a storyline inside the team. Currently we have that it's written on our moddb profile but I sense with my inner feeling it's kinda dull. My colleague doesn't thinks the same, unfortunately :D I think the storyline of mutants ravaging in some country or group of countries and Russia coming to defeat them and take that country meanwhile is kinda strained.

My possible alternative is to revert the universe back to my long-defunct mod Dark Summer'96 which tells the story of EU cracking into Eastern and Western, political turmoil in Russia and Turkey gaining more and more power, eventually to invade both halves of Europe. This universe is kinda well-detailed and can eventually spawn 5 sides: Eastern European Union (Intermarum), Western European Union, Russian loyalists, Russian revolutionaries and Great Turan (Turkey). But then we need to get rid of mutants.
Posted Image

Another alternative I've been thinking of is to scrap planet Earth at all and change location to an undefined planet, where humans just have arisen after a near-overkilling nuclear conflict between the local Empire and other nations. The central remnant of the former Empire - Land of Fathers, has rebuilt itself after a dozens of years after the nuclear war and seeks to take back its former provinces - now independent nations. But they aren't going to let it easy to happen.
The story somehow resembles USSR going into nuclear was with USA, annihilating each other, and now Russia (remnant of USSR) trying to take back it's former possessions in Eastern Europe.
On the other hand, to the South of Land of Fathers lives the mutated survivors of nuclear fallout, which mutated to become a new human species. After years they united into a powerful force and now ready to enter the battle with normal humans over whom is going to inherit the planet.
There's also a hi-tech Insular Empire which remained untouched by the nuclear war (somehow resembles Japan) and hostile to all this factions except former Imperial provinces.

Other option is just to quit all this sci-fi mess and just stick up to strict realism and model some reality or near-reality conflict like Russian-Chinese war (no Russia vs. NATO, everybody are fed up with them).

So please state your pro et contras and IMHOs, I'm relying on you guys to reason me and my colleagues ;)
Posted Image

#2 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 18:58

Nice. Keep up the good work! :)
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#3 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:02

I've actually been checking on this game on ModDB for a while now, I would like to see it succeed. All the storyline ideas are interesting, personally I can't decide what one would be best though :/.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users