Natural Selection 2

18 replies to this topic

#1 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 15:45

Anyone else interested in playing this game? Check out the launch trailer below:

It's a FPS RTS hybrid with asymmetrical gameplay where you can play as either Aliens or Marines.

As the marines you move around the map using phase gates, you capture resource points and then stem the alien advance by killing of the mother cist.
The aliens require guerrilla tactics of bait and ambush, catching the marines off guard and destroying the power nodes, plunging everything into darkness.

At the moment Me, Chyros and Amdrial have been playing and having an excellent time. I was just wondering if anyone else on FS is interested in joining us
for a game that is most certainly like nothing else (well maybe a bit like Renegade with a bit of Left 4 Dead vs mode thrown in).

They are bringing out a free content update this month (and I wouldn't be surprised if a Steam sale came with that), so I'd recommend to wait a few days if your thinking of buying it.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#2 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:42

I don't have it, but I want it. Looks fun.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#3 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:06

It's great fun tbh, one of those rare games where losing isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's very interesting, quite deep for such a game, and, since recent patches, pretty well-balanced. We're mostly just having fun, but nonetheless do pretty well in games, If you're at all interested, you'll almost certainly like it :) .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:09

I would, but the 400 ping tells me no. D8

Posted Image

#5 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:23

I bought this in the very early beta, never redeemed my copy and had to buy it again on Steam <87

Haven't actually played it yet :xD:

#6 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 13:44

You should, it's got kind of a learningn curve but we'll walk you through it, it's good fun :) .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 14:37

Especially when we're all Communists 8|
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre

#8 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 14:05

I'll make it sended to me as a gift, though it will take a while to install , since two more day limited speed :duh:

#9 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 15:35

The latest update has a trailer:

Railgun looks good :D
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#10 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 16:32

I just hope it is as good as L4D :)

#11 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 18:41

It's different than L4D. It doesn't really play the same. L4D plays on a set course, whereas in NS2 the objectives and routes differ all the time. Trailer looks great :D .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:48

It is fun but I didn't manage to kill even one person in half an hour gameplay D:

#13 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 13:11

It's got kind of a learning curve :P . Aliens are also harder to play than Marines. Furthermore, it requires actual teamwork to be successful :P .

The new content pack is excellent though, we're having a ball with it :D .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 21:45

I'm thinking about giving this a try. I saw a review somewhere and it looked really interesting.

Is it a good shooter (or whatever the aliens do) though? How's the gun-play?
Posted Image

#15 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 00:15

Playing as aliens is a lot of fun, but obviously not as easy as shooting, which is much more straightforward of course. They introduced some small, short tutorial videos that play when you respawn in the latest patch, which is quite informative. In terms of gunplay I'd say it doesn't hold a candle to any of the big franchises. In all honesty, that doesn't really matter though.

reloads are really ugly btw :-p
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 22:41

Free weekend going on and it's 50% off right now. Now I can try it :D.

Edit: Ok, after playing I discovered that I need to upgrade. I get poor FPS even with everything either turned to it's lowest or off altogether.

Edited by Soul, 22 March 2013 - 01:16.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#17 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:40

Whats you specs soul? I smake sure about this before purchasing..

#18 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 14:14

AMD Athlon II X2 240 dual-core processor, 4GB DDR3 Memory, and Nvida Geforce 9200 Graphics.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 19:14

Okay...i might fare a bit better than that with my 275 gtx.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users