Short absence

14 replies to this topic

#1 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:48

Hiyaaaaaaa,

I'm going to move to my new house now and right after that I'm going to France for a week of conference and it'll be until the 10th until my new internet connection will be there so see you guys back on the 10th! (maybe slightly earlier from my work station)
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:51

France? FRANCE? Did you mean FRANCE? Oh God, you will laugh a lot |8

#3 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:10

Yes-uhhhh, I will-uhhhh laugh-uhhhh a lot-uhhhh.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:29

Good luck with the move and have fun in France, should be good!
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#5 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:45

And vere exactely vill you be in ze France ?

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#6 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:47

Chyros in France, this will be fun. 8|

Take care mate, bring back some stories. |8

Posted Image

#7 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:31

Tell me what them bread sticks and cheese are like!

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#8 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:42

Cheers guys, I'm back now, reporting from work. It was basically a four-day drinking session and occasionally a lecture happened that no-one listened to because it was all about entrepreneurship and all they did was tell us to "anticipate problems" and "manage your money" and "be smart" and other massively useful tips like that. It was fun seeing all the professors get drunk all the time though - by the end of the first day one of them was so drunk he had to be carried home shoulder to shoulder by two of his students. In total I probably had about six bottles of wine and several dozen beers.

France is a strange country - though it was supposed to be a collaborative event, they mostly kept speaking French, and at the 4 hour "International Forum" at the university of Caen they even had all the speakers talk in French and arranged a translator with headphones for everyone rather than take the trouble to do the thing in English. I kindly responded by falling asleep (slumped over forward over the bench, in a very obvious fashion) immediately to show my frustration, which was made all the more effective when I found out afterward they had filmed the entire event and that I had apparently been snoring throughout all of it.

CJ, on 30 June 2013 - 09:45, said:

We went to Caen once, the rest was in Le Havre. I don't recommend the place. Ironically the weather in France was considerably worse than it was in Southampton.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 13:23

Chyros, on 05 July 2013 - 10:42, said:

We went to Caen once, the rest was in Le Havre. I don't recommend the place. Ironically the weather in France was considerably worse than it was in Southampton.

Yeah, so basically you went right next to Bob's place :P
Well, it is not secret that in Bretagne, the weather is as shitty as in Grande Bretagne (England). But don't tell that to any Breton though, else they'll simply reply that "In Bretagne, it only rains on idiots" x)

#10 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 13:25

CJ, on 05 July 2013 - 13:23, said:

Well, it is not secret that in Bretagne, the weather is as shitty as in Grande Bretagne (England). But don't tell that to any Breton though, else they'll simply reply that "In Bretagne, it only rains on idiots" x)
Oh yeah, I realise it's basically the worst of France versus the best of England :xD: . And yeah I could see Bob walking around on his island from the hotel :P .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 13:30

Galettes, crepes, cider and no stupid sun makes me see Bretagne as the best of France instead :P

#12 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 13:45

Unfortunately the food was quite disappointing, which again was quite amusing. The many French students we have here in England always (and tbh quite justifiably) complain about how awful British food is, but this time everyone else could complain about French food :P . It was, according to them, quite embarassing :xD: . We had no galettes, crepes or cider, unfortunately.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 20:28

Chyros, on 05 July 2013 - 13:25, said:

Oh yeah, I realise it's basically the worst of France versus the best of England :xD: . And yeah I could see Bob walking around on his island from the hotel :P .

Stop spying on me. D:
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#14 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:08

Bob, on 05 July 2013 - 20:28, said:

Chyros, on 05 July 2013 - 13:25, said:

Stop spying on me. D:
Was quite fun, could see you on your BMX and the trampolines and all :P .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:22

I kindly responded by falling asleep (slumped over forward over the bench, in a very obvious fashion) immediately to show my frustration, which was made all the more effective when I found out afterward they had filmed the entire event and that I had apparently been snoring throughout all of it.

:xD:
Thats win in my books!

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users