Off again

this time only 4 days

6 replies to this topic

#1 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 22:57

Hiya guys, I'm off again, this time to Vienna with my siblings and parents, will be back on Tuesday (and totally knackered because it takes TWELVE HOURS to travel from Southampton to Vienna or back!)!
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 00:42

Twelve hours, how will you cope? D8

Posted Image

#3 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 00:55

View PostAlias, on 28 March 2014 - 00:42, said:

Twelve hours, how will you cope? D8
Sleeping for the duration of it? :P
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:14

12 hours is a cinch!

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#5 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 18:47

And I'm back again! Vienna is a funny city, almost arrogantly bombastic in its construction, every single street and building is flipping HUGE and built in an imposing historic style of Austria-Hungary which would lead you to believe it was a significantly more powerful nation than it actually was. Everything is extremely clean and well-maintained, and gives you a feeling everything is just done quite well. They have good traditional German-style food, and although they boast of a beer culture, it must be admitted Vienna is quite sterile and not an especially cosy city. However, it is extremely beautiful and even romantic, and definitely worth a visit :D .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:54

View PostChyros, on 31 March 2014 - 18:47, said:

Everything is extremely clean and well-maintained, and gives you a feeling everything is just done quite well.

Really? I'll give you the fact that there is zero litter, but it still felt a bit grubby to me. Too many old soot/smog stained buildings tbh.

Otherwise a nice place, that shouldn't be visited in December as it's as incredibly damp and therefore freezing.

#7 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 17:26

View PostWizard, on 01 April 2014 - 08:54, said:

View PostChyros, on 31 March 2014 - 18:47, said:

Everything is extremely clean and well-maintained, and gives you a feeling everything is just done quite well.

Really? I'll give you the fact that there is zero litter, but it still felt a bit grubby to me. Too many old soot/smog stained buildings tbh.
Yes, there was a lot of smog, it's quite visible on our photos too. Everything at street level is very clean though, I'd say.

And yeah, I can imagine that'd be freezing :xD: . As it happens, it was well over 21 degrees with not a wisp of cloud to be found and I got quite sunburnt :xD: .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users