#1 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 09:41

Hi all!

This is a new thread.
I know daunting.

Here I will share my numerous writings that I have accumulated over the four years of being part of and now leading the writing group the River Exe Writers.
I designed the quarterly newsletter and it's (thankfully) proofread and edited by other people far more competent (and not dyslexic) than I am.
In them we share an eclectic mix of our writers work: from shorts, poems and longer pieces. You can read the Newsletters online here!

-

In Dec 2020 my own major writing consists of:
  • A shelved sci-fi novel epic, 'Future Grim', which I love but needs work that I'm not ready to do yet.
  • A nearly finished novella, 'Mindstate', a cyberpunk delve into an abandoned British costal town overtaken by those addicted to a virtual reality called Mindstate.
  • The beginnings of another novella set in the same world as Mindstate, 'The Conspiracy Department', which is my satire on design work, conspiracies and government incompetence.
  • And finally a fantasy novella, 'The God of Good Deeds', which I've pitched as a darker Discworld for the Deadpool generation.

-

I'm also co-writing a script for a TV series, 'Greenmoon Rising', but I'm not ready to share that just yet!

-

Apparently I've also accidently become a poet, because when I'm angry only poems spew out. I've performed my poetry at open mics to laughs and nods of appreciation. I've written about my struggles with mental health, my jobs and the general darkness of existence.

Here is one to start us off! I wrote it in 10 minutes at my writing group with a list of flowers as our prompts.

When you die you grow a flower from your corpse.
Your soul sprouts a single rising bloom almost instantly,
so there is never any doubt that you are dead.
Been kind? You get a velvet rose that unfurls so delicately.
Been a bastard? You get a Titan Arum that reeks as rotten as you were.

Edited by TheDR, 15 December 2020 - 09:46.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users