Why are you here?

175 replies to this topic

Poll: why did you join this forum (205 member(s) have cast votes)

for what reason did you join

1. Becouse of the mods hosted here (108 votes [52.68%])

Percentage of vote: 52.68%

2. Becouse the voices in my head told me to join (33 votes [16.10%])

Percentage of vote: 16.10%

3. Becouse i wanted to get my mod hosted here (9 votes [4.39%])

Percentage of vote: 4.39%

4. I'm a forum addict (14 votes [6.83%])

Percentage of vote: 6.83%

5. Other (post why) (41 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The_Hunter

-

• Gold Member
  • 12402 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:47

an other topic that got lost in the update.

for what reason did you join this forum ?

i originaly joined this forum becouse i wanted to get my mod hosted here and finaly ended up becoming a Admin of the place :D
Posted Image

#2 spiderspag

Blah.

• 3650 posts
  • Projects: C&C Shockwave and War Games ZH mapper

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:07

I originally played the Reborn mod for ZH, but switched to Shockwave after I tried it out from Planet C&C, loved it, and started out making crazy suggestions I had always thought would be cool to add, and after all of those were shot down (lol) (but no, seriously;) I had a go at shooting for the position of ShW mapper, and made it!

Yay!

cheers,
spiderspag
Posted Image
This sick sig was made by da man, Cattman2236. Yeeh boii!
Posted Image
Check da myspace @ Spiderspag's Myspace
You killed my entire family... and I don't like that sort of thing...
Technocracy- it's our only hope.

#3 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 28 June 2006 - 16:21

I just joined cuz I felt like it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#4 Rumpullpus

Fighter Ace

• 2226 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 18:39

well the story begins with one rainny day.
and on that day i was getting bored with the original ZH and i thought "hmm wonder if they got any good mods for ZH" so i went to :D and put in mods for C&C zero hour.
looking from site to site i came across an article about a well done mod called shockwave.
looking at the screen shots i thought to my self "hmmm this looks quite fun indeed" so i went back to google and looked up shockwave and found there website. but on there website i couldnt find instructions on how to install it so i thought i should look it up in the fourms ( the fourms sometimes have magical solutions) and i found a nice step by step instruction on how to install.
while it was downloading i thought "well i might as well look around the fourms" and so i did. there was alot less people back then on the fourms (i remember POTPs old avatar being that robotic pinguin and thinking that was werid looking) and for the longest time thats all i did until i got to playing the mod more and it was then i thought that i should give a suggestion or two to the team and so i regestered and here i am today.
another great sig from cattman
Posted Image
Posted Image
92% of people play as USA or China. If you are part of the 8% that plays as the GLA then put this in your signature.
you cant kill what you cant see :p

#5 ultra1437

I lurk more than i post.

• 1178 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:42

^ basically (to the word) what he said. (except PoTP's avvy it was different a month before)
R.I.P. Luyo, I will never forget you.

#6 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:53

I also played C&C Reborn first, then got bored of it after 2 matches and moved on, looked for different mods and found ROTR. I ended up getting recruited by them, after some partnership with ShW i then got Beta Tester access then evenutally got recruited here. :D

Edited by C0|V|R4DE, 29 June 2006 - 09:54.

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Posted Image

#7 The Blizzard

Amateur

• 119 posts
  • Projects: E-Studios LAN Crew

Posted 29 June 2006 - 19:17

"Becouse the voices in my head told me to join"

Well, that's almost the same as: "I got brainwashed by The_Hunter and when I woke up I was registered" :stickattack3:

#8 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts
  • Projects: NLS 2D Artist, Code 13 Cameo Artist

Posted 30 June 2006 - 18:24

Because of shockwave , the nice people and the great forums.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#9 Admiral Burke

Originally Nuke General, Formerly Forerunner

• Member Test
  • 977 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 15:07

I, like many other people after 2 years got sick of playing vanilla Zero our, so I wnt around looking for a cool mod,\. I went to cncden and got the new tech mod but got sick of it after 2 days and went and found shockwave and I Love it.
Posted Image
Awesome sig made by Lord Atlantis

#10 Cattman2236

Freelance Photoshop Artist

• Gold Member
  • 970 posts
  • Projects: Massive Destruction: First Encounter

Posted 01 July 2006 - 18:32

I joined becuse of the various mods hosted, when i used to mod this place was (and still is) a goldmine of information on how to mod and such. Plus the staff here kick arse, i mean how many admins and moderators join you for an on-line fight in `nam lol. Even though i hardley have internet acces now, i still love coming here.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 01 July 2006 - 18:36

Alakazam!!

(It reads: I've been playing ShW since .8, but one day I decided to see what goes behind this great mod and....)

#12 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:30

Well i first came here because my shw installer wasn't working. And it all led from there :P
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 05 July 2006 - 00:39

I wanted to have my voice heard. I was a lurker for a couple of months, and I decided to become part of the action. I also wanted to know why ShW wouldn't work with Zero Hour (turns out I had to d/l the 1.04 patch :loels: ). I've been here ever since.

Regards,

Major Nuker
Posted Image

#14 retry_1

sniper extrordanare

• 2591 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 04:23

i joined to report a bug i had beause my dad was threatning to reformat the comp because of it but i tayed because the cool people here, well there werent many people cool or otherwise when i joined but then the fourm grew new members joined and some of those new members were promoted(while i sat back and watched from a corner), others banned the fourm slowly deteriated to what it was noit to long ago but then the fourm was updated and it got slightly better
Sig and avy by yours truly
Posted Image

#15 Ironside

U.S. Military Strong Man

• 1264 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:35

I'm very picky about the mods I use, most of the mods I've used, which is alot, have had a life of less than a day. I first tried an early version Shockwave(.8 I think it was) and didn't care for it. Then I tried .9, played a game as laser gen, lost building and the game crashed. Tried it again, lost a Comanche, game crashed and I was playing Pro:Gen again in under five minutes. When played .91 I got a chance to give SW a good test run, I liked it and have kept it ever since. One day I stumbled across the SW site, nosed around a little, found out about the plans for the new gens and the POW system, I had a question of my own so I joined up.
http://www.liddyshow.com/ More than you ever need to know about my beliefs and views.

Posted Image
Signature made by Crusada.

View PostRumpullpus, on 22 May 2006, 20:55, said:

ironside is my hero!
i say we just wipe the asshole of the world with nukes and make it nice and clean.

A legacy is not created by the deeds you have done in your life, but by how long it takes mankind to recover from them.
If you can see me I sure as hell see you, if you can't see me you are in extreme danger and may be about to die.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

#16 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:53

View PostRumpullpus, on 28 Jun 2006, 16:39, said:

well the story begins with one rainny day.
and on that day i was getting bored with the original ZH and i thought "hmm wonder if they got any good mods for ZH" so i went to :D and put in mods for C&C zero hour.
looking from site to site i came across an article about a well done mod called shockwave.
looking at the screen shots i thought to my self "hmmm this looks quite fun indeed" so i went back to google and looked up shockwave and found there website. but on there website i couldnt find instructions on how to install it so i thought i should look it up in the fourms ( the fourms sometimes have magical solutions) and i found a nice step by step instruction on how to install.
while it was downloading i thought "well i might as well look around the fourms" and so i did. there was alot less people back then on the fourms and for the longest time thats all i did until i got to playing the mod more and it was then i thought that i should give a suggestion or two to the team and so i regestered and here i am today.

Same story Same Story
Posted Image

#17 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 00:50

=-O the voices...

#18 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:42

Because I'm a Schitzo (not really, but anyhoo)

Posted Image

#19 striker26

Huh?

• 685 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:47

because i saw a lot of people talking about different mods and a lot of people said they liked shockwave
so i googled it and found this place
ahhhh.....the memories..
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks Bob For The Awesome Signature above and Avatar
Remix 3
Posted Image

#20 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:07

I was curious about Shockwave. :cool:
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#21 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts
  • Projects: NLS 2D Artist, Code 13 Cameo Artist

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:16

Almost all users started at shockwave.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#22 Jordan

Crazy Modder

• Gold Member
  • 2704 posts
  • Projects: C&C Crazy Mod Leader

Posted 21 July 2006 - 16:16

Well, I was interested in all the mods, and this community is much more active than the other 2 I visited before.
C&C Crazy Mod Version 0.55
^^^^The True Crazy Mod Starts Here^^^^
Posted Image

#23 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 19:45

I was bored of Orignal ZH so I went to google and lokked up C&C Zero Hour mods. I saw Shockwave and it sounded like a col mod. One week after downloading it you came out with 0.92 so I joined the forums to see if I could suggest things and now I come here everyday.

#24 Oathbreaker

Semi-Pro

• 284 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 19:55

mine is just the same as many of you i was bored of normal ZH used google saw shockwave i think it was like 0.9 and some time after that i wanted to report some bugs, the biggest part of my posts are in shockwave cause i didn't realise until some time ago that there was much to talk in the estudios forum, i only was in the shockwave forum all the time. it's even my homepage.. only it's becomming quite out there.
Who enters my domain?
The dead do not suffer the living to pass.
Posted Image
The way is shut. It was made by those who are dead. And the dead keep it.

#25 MentalAss

Death Before Dishonour!

• 965 posts
  • Projects: Warboss Nooka's personal Wartrukk.

Posted 30 July 2006 - 16:39

Guilty as charged. I was also Googleing for mods and came across Red Alert Regeneration which led me here since its inactive at the moment (waiting on the mighty Hunter :dope:). So far Shockwave has been the only mod for me since V0.91.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users