US fleet

73 replies to this topic

#1 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:55

A while back I made some of the deadliest vessles ever to leave a shipyard.

Iowa Class- The last of the Battleships, armed with 16 inch guns, these ships can literally make a bunker, or a small destroyer completely disapear

Arliegh Burke Class- The most advanced destroyer in the world too date. Although its auto-loading 5 inch gun is nothing to be proud of, the multible missiles more then makes up for it.

Nimitz Class- The largest, and heaviest Carrier class ever built. able to launch over 80 planes, these ships are the only thing worse to know is off your shore then an Iowa Class

Ticonderoga Class- Although not a new Cruiser, this class of cruisers can track, engage, and destroy multible threats on land, sea, and in the air simultaniously.

Virginia Class- The latest submarines to leave a US Subpen. The multible SONAR arrays make it damn neer impossible to hide from these subs. and their compliment of Torpedoes/Sub-Launched missiles can do damage to anything that stands in there way

Attached File  Iowa.jpg (88.18K)
Number of downloads: 84Attached File  Destroyer.jpg (148.41K)
Number of downloads: 50Attached File  Carrier.jpg (81.56K)
Number of downloads: 69ent]Attached File  Cruiser.jpg (70.34K)
Number of downloads: 51
Attached File  Virginia_CLass.jpg (21.06K)
Number of downloads: 57

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dauth edit: Sig removed for height violation.

#2 spiderspag

Blah.

• 3650 posts
  • Projects: C&C Shockwave and War Games ZH mapper

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:08

Very neat, dude. Awesome. Now all you need is some nice renderings.
Posted Image
This sick sig was made by da man, Cattman2236. Yeeh boii!
Posted Image
Check da myspace @ Spiderspag's Myspace
You killed my entire family... and I don't like that sort of thing...
Technocracy- it's our only hope.

#3 IDF Godzilla

No more a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT!!!

• 558 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:12

Very nice work! :P
Posted Image
Thanks 'try
--------------------
MSN: yboy_man@walla.co.il

#4 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:23

Awesome models
Keep it up :P
Posted Image

#5 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:30

very nice :P
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#6 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:35

Looks amazing :P I recommend you to try 3DS Max , then you can render and those things will look even more amazing :P

#7 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:49

Try Yafray, then you can make renders with Gmax! :P
(Yes, I just canĀ“t stop advertising it.)

Those ships look really nice.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#8 IDF Godzilla

No more a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT!!!

• 558 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 17:39

Here is your CV tank50us with little bit of tweaking and changing here and there.
Hope you like it.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks 'try
--------------------
MSN: yboy_man@walla.co.il

#9 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 09 August 2006 - 18:08

Nice models.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#10 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 18:22

Nice fighters/choppers IDF, And to everyone, thanks for the comments, keep'em up. You may be seeing these ships in a game I WILL one day make :P
also, if anyone wants to take a crack at posing the sub "breeching"*, I'll give'em the model/skin for it, but don't run off with it

*Breeching-noun-when a submarine blows its balast tanks to surface in an Emergancy, or just for show. for examples, watch the movie "Hunt for the Red October"

Edited by tank50us, 09 August 2006 - 18:27.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 MLRS

Raining heavy metal!

• Banned
  • 858 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 18:30

I didn't know about the virgina class. :???:
Posted Image

#12 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 18:38

U will make a game ??? Good Luck :P
Posted Image

#13 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 19:05

Wow, those look AWESOME :P

#14 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 09 August 2006 - 19:39

Sweet warships Tank. Those look incredible. I hope to see more of your work some time in the future.

My best,

Major Nuker

Edit: Sweet carrier model IDF. I like the fact you added planes around the perimeter of the deck. Nice touch.

Edited by Major Nuker, 10 August 2006 - 02:24.

Posted Image

#15 zill

Regular

• 156 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 22:58

wow good models... we are waiting more ... !
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:59

View Postabourror, on 9 Aug 2006, 18:38, said:

U will make a game ??? Good Luck :P

Yes I do plan to make a game with these models, its going to be a Naval Style RTS, where the only "pop cap" is to capital ships, or "limited" ships in the World Domination Tour. For example, in the time this game takes place the US Congress approved the construction of 16 more Iowa Class Battleships, meening the player can't have more then 20 Iowas at any time. Also during the WDT, in a battle the player can't have more then 6 Capital ships (BB's, HC's, CV's, SSB's, and BC's) in a battle area, however others can hang out out side the battle area and cover the ships in the fight.

Plus, Unlike other Naval RTS games, Carriers do not "rebuild" their fighters instead, if their Fighter Wings have been blown from the sky, the Carrier must be sent back to an allied port or airbase to replenish its fighters. the same goes for the Helos/VTOLs on other ships.

I'm still accepting requests from anyone who wants to leave their mark on the Game when completed, so, if you want to help, fire me an E-Mail.

Oh, and because I'd like to kep more ships coming, here's a Whidbey Island Class Assault Ship. Although not heavily armed, or armored, its compliment of LCACs, Gunships, and VTOLs do make up for it.

Attached File  Whidby_Island_Class.jpg (80.93K)
Number of downloads: 36

Edited by tank50us, 10 August 2006 - 03:14.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:35

When does it take place?

And good luck :P

#18 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:35

That's really good looking, although I think you may be able to get away with putting the lattice work (for the tower on top of the ship) along with the railings on a skin (if you can skin that is). If you can't skin, I'm sure there are members on here that would be glad to help you. These are just things to consider if you're having trouble keeping the polys down. If not, go ahead and make the ships as you have been :P .

Regards,

Major Nuker
Posted Image

#19 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:37

Actually, there's probably very few members who would want to make a skin... :P

Oh and a suggestion: something that carries tomahawks! :wtfsign:

#20 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:35

Tides of War takes place about 20 years from now, WW3 has come and gone, and somehow, it caused the worlds ice-caps to melt, raising the water levels dramticly. Now, many countries have collapsed, and only their cities survive but rely on shipments from other areas of the world. Russia was the better off, more of their land is still above water, and they were then able to put more money into their Navy, bringing it back to its former glory (ie before the end of the Soviet Union) and now they're expanding, swalowing these floating cities as they go. The US is trying to rebuild from the floods, Canada is trying to keep what it has, Germany and England is just trying to stave off the Russian expansion. Its total chaos all over the globe.

to Switchblade: The Arliegh Burke Class fires Tomahawks using its vertical launchers (just for of the main bridge). The Iowas fire their TLAMs from Armored Box Launchers, and the Sea Wolf launches them through the Torpedo Tubes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:49

Well in that setting.... a stealthy little ship with no apparent towers or antennas, it has, stored in the hull, a large missile launcher, which folds up at a 20 or 30 degree angle and fires. The missile, while approaching the target, splits into 3 pieces, one falls and reactivates after a few seconds, and regains its guidance, but underwater, as to go for the underside, the second part continues like the original missile, heading straight for the target. The third flies upward and then takes a straight dive onto the ship. In this case, the ship would buckle under the 3 point attack and end up sinking, with a big hole through the middle, or along those lines. :P

The stealth ship could also launch UCAVs or maybe just UAVs in a similar fashion. :wtfsign:

#22 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:56

The Zumwalt, the newest class of Destroyer, using the same technoligy to make the F-22 vanish from RADAR screens, the Zumwalts can make up for their lack of heavy firepower, their primary weapons are missiles, a pair of 5 inch guns both in the fore and aft housings, as well as torpedoes in tubes that are kept below the water line (like a submarines topedoes are launched). The stealthy ways of these Destroyers make in impossible to target using missiles, the only way to even engage them is use a ships main guns, as well as aircraft MGs to make the ship easier to target (damage to the skin makes it easier for RADAR assisted FCC's to target the ship)

Attached File  Zumwalt_Class.jpg (85.96K)
Number of downloads: 36

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:14

Will This Game Only have NAVAL Units ?
Posted Image

#24 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:02

there will be land combat, but you get to have Tank-VS-Tank battles via the Assault ships and landing craft. Besides, dry land is where "tech buildings" will be, so natrully the only way to get them is to land troops/vehicles to secure them. Plus land battles are how you get control of an area in the WDT.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:34

If So ... I can Help U then :P
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users