Forum Rules

2 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 22 November 2006 - 03:11

First of all I would like to say that I'll be your new co-leader for the remainder of the existance of this part of the E-Studios forum. As your new acting Co-Leader, I'd like to lay down some ground rules. Now before you go saying "Nuker's being a hard@$$", understand that I'm doing this to gain some semblence of order, and not because this is a position of power or because I'm on some egotistical power trip (which I'm not).

First and foremost, this section of the forum is NOT a joke. I say this because some of you , I'm not mentioning names, have spammed almost every other post. The spamming MUST end, and it will end NOW. Having fun is okay, but you guys need to learn to draw the line somewhere, and I'm here to tell you where that line is. We have a perfectly running Spam section for all your spamming needs. If you have a job to do, do it in a timely manner. Remember, quality is better than quantity.

Second, if you know you will be away for an extended amount of time, let one of the higher ups know. Better yet, make a post that you'll be gone (including the dates if known), either in this section of the forum, OR on the E-Studios forum itself. That way we aren't going around thinking you fell off the face of the earth. This also preserves your position in the Guild. 2 former members of the Guild were let go because of inactivity (well, one was kicked, the other was demoted). Don't let this happen to you.

Thirdly, there will be a new system to deal with infractions against the rules:

The first time is merely a warning. I use "merely" lightly, as you should heed the warning as if it were your last chance.

The second time will result in an all expenses paid vacation from the Mapper's Guild. Use this time wisely to think of your deeds and come back.

The third time (God forbid) is your absolute last time you will be seen here, at least as a functioning member of the Guild. Your rank/membership will be stripped and your hopes of being a member again will be dashed.

Lastly, but certainly not least, have fun with your work. If you're stuck for ideas, ask someone to help you out of your creative slump. Remember, as a Guild member, you are part of a "family", and families help one another. Again, keeping in mind that quality over quantity is the key. :D

Those are the rules. Read 'em, learn 'em, like 'em :D .

In faithful service,

Major Nuker :nod:
Posted Image

#2 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 05 December 2006 - 19:48

As it stands now, 2 pretty respectable mappers of the MG have 1 warning apiece. If such behaviour continues, they WILL be given a 2 week "vacation" from this area. This is not a joke. If by the start of January, these 2 gentlemen have not spammed anymore, their slate will be wiped clean. However, should this not be the case, vacations will be arranged promptly, no questions asked, no baggage included.

Here are the current offenders:

There are currently no offenders.

=======================================

This section will be updated on an "as needed" basis.

Regards,

Major Nuker

Edited by Major Nuker, 03 January 2007 - 05:15.

Posted Image

#3 Revan

The Sneaky Cannon Fodder in the Background

• 2231 posts
  • Projects: Science!

Posted 25 December 2006 - 10:41

Just some small "rules" which would increase the ability to overview the whole forum a bit.

If you create a mapthread, name it correctley, first with the number of players ([x Players]) then, if it isn't for vanilla or shockwave, with the mod/game it is for ([Ren] for Renegae, [CM] for Crazy Mod, etc...) and then comes the name. Like this [x Players][Mod] Nameofthemap. In the subtitle, the current status of a map should be visible. You don't need to add a mod designation when it's vanilla (VZH/ShW) because vanilla maps will work for all mods (except TCs) you only need to add a mod desingation when it's. If it is a mission, replace the player ammount with [Mission], if it is a suggestion, add [Suggestion] before the player count. If something isn't clearly known yet (in a suggestion for example) then make a -, like [Suggestion][- Players] Jungle Map. In the ShW Maps area, additionally the version of the game this is for has to be stated behind the name.
Note: Renegade maps do not need the number of players in the title.
*Work in progress/unfinished* for maps which aren't finished
*Finished but not scripted* obvious for what
*Finished* is clear also
add:
-available for download if it's downloadable in that thread

If you create a map thread, always keep all updates in the first post, so you can instantly see the current status of the map and download the latest version, if you update it, simply make a post "Map updated" or something like that and edit the first post.

Please make a topic for every map you make, not multiple maps in 1 topic.

Edited by Revantheemperor, 25 December 2006 - 21:46.

Posted Image

GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users