←  Real Time Strategy

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Red alert 3 is coming !!!!

This topic is locked

Lizzie's Photo Lizzie 23 Feb 2008

View Postsoho, on 23 Feb 2008, 16:59, said:

View PostRayburn, on 23 Feb 2008, 22:57, said:

Yeah, every game that doesn't have awesome 3D graphics and shitloads of flashy light effects is awful. The game's from 19-bloody-96!

I said NOW sucks.Why would you play RA1 when you can play CnC3,Zero Hour,Sup Com?

Because maybe theres a massive difference between the two games and MAYBE, just maybe we like the older game better? Just because it's newer doesn't mean it's better. It means it's NEWER and different.

C&C1 versus C&C3. Different gameplay between the two. I liked C&C1 better.

View Postswim-listen-game, on 23 Feb 2008, 17:00, said:

I know, that, that... thing is not, just is not, an apocalypse tank. Plain and simple... and Lizzie, are you back to stay?
~SLG

1: Yes, it should be a heavy tank or a new Rhino. Not a Apoc.
2: Meh not as active or zelious. Just posting whenever I feel the need to.

View PostRayburn, on 23 Feb 2008, 17:03, said:

I too hate the design of that tank. The idea with the grinder is nice, it's brutal and fits the Soviet theme, but the design with all the round shapes and candy-colours is just a plain insult. It doesn't look threatening at all, it doesn't even look any Soviet at all, it's like a blooming toy-tank.

``Why would you play RA1 when you can play CnC3,Zero Hour,Sup Com? ´´

Because RA1 has two things modern games lack in many cases: A nostalgia-factor and charm.
Or maybe I just belong to those "stupid" freaks who do NOT throw away all the old things they
have an affection for as soon as something "new & exciting" shows up...

1: Yes on all points though the shape and color I can deal with. But it's not a fucking Apoc.
2: I have Outpost2 still. Your not the only one who keeps old stuff.

View Postsoho, on 23 Feb 2008, 17:05, said:

OK.Thats your opinion.I loved Warcraft 2 but when WC 3 showed up I forget WC2.Its simply better.
They little screw apocalypse tank.

Both of which are your opinion. IN MY OPINION they fucking destroyed the Apoc.

Sic's Photo Sic 23 Feb 2008

Ok, I would cope with that tank being a random tank, but an APOCALYPSE? Far away from that. Those bubbles on the tank are meant to make it look like a Kirov-ish styled unit, which has nothing to do with the Apocalypse FGS.

Stinger's Photo Stinger 23 Feb 2008

The Apocalypse tank looks like a bathtub turned upside down. It has been likened to an inflatable tank. In other words, it's a horrible looking piece of shit.

There are already protests on the EA boards regarding its appearance so it will most likely undergo design changes as the fans protested about the Pitbull and had that changed.

Archon's Photo Archon 23 Feb 2008

Lizzie thats your opinion.It doesnt mean that newest game is better but in case of C&C3 its better than RA1 & RA2 to me.

Jok3r's Photo Jok3r 23 Feb 2008

View Postsoho, on 23 Feb 2008, 17:57, said:

Lizzie thats your opinion.It doesnt mean that newest game is better but in case of C&C3 its better than RA1 & RA2 to me.

THats all I have to say
~SLG

Stinger's Photo Stinger 23 Feb 2008

View Postsoho, on 23 Feb 2008, 22:57, said:

You do realise every statement a person makes is their opinion and nothing else? Arguing about this is inane.

View PostStinger, on 24 Feb 2008, 0:04, said:

You do realise every statement a person makes is their opinion and nothing else? Arguing about this is inane.

I wasnt arguing.I just said my opinion.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 23 Feb 2008

Juging by the screenshots nd everything so far, RA3 won't come anywhere near that great feeling RA1 brought. You know, as if it were an actual alternate history you were right in the middle of. RA3 seems like it will be, at best, a playground simulator (bright colours, funky models etc.).

We will see in demo.Hope it will be soon.

Nid's Photo Nid 23 Feb 2008

I hope it won't...

Rayburn's Photo Rayburn 23 Feb 2008

^ Same here. The sooner we get a demo, the fewer time has gone into actually developing this game.
Edited by Rayburn, 23 February 2008 - 23:22.

You guys see just couple of screens and already know that RA3 sucks?

View Postsoho, on 23 Feb 2008, 23:23, said:

You just see a couple of screens and already know RA1 sucks?

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 23 Feb 2008

And I hope I get into the beta :D

@soho: all old-school cnc's >> any new cnc. I think that is the opinion of almost the whole cnc comunity...

That apoc is fucked up...I though it is the rhino, I's be fine with that. But. That. is. NOT. A. Fucking. APocalypse tank O.o

View PostStinger, on 23 Feb 2008, 18:04, said:

Insane*

I think he's not going to back down stinger. So regardless of if it's insane or not this is probably going to continue.

(Sorry stinger I just woke up and read your post wrong when I first posted that)
Edited by Lizzie-DS, 23 February 2008 - 23:31.

View PostNiddy, on 24 Feb 2008, 0:24, said:

I know that kind of games from 96.Similiar is WC1 or 2.When you have RA2 whats point of playing RA1.Its RED ALERT just that RA2 is advanced.

Sic's Photo Sic 23 Feb 2008

Well, at least the game is moddable, that apoc will be fixed in no time.

Rayburn's Photo Rayburn 23 Feb 2008

``When you have RA2 whats point of playing RA1´´

Blimey, is it so fucking hard to understand the idea of nostalgia!?
Edited by Rayburn, 23 February 2008 - 23:30.

Its not.I just dont see fun in RA1.I also like some older games thatn new ones.Like DOOM 1 & 2 because DOOM 3 just sucks.But this is off topic.

View Postsoho, on 23 Feb 2008, 23:28, said:

View PostNiddy, on 24 Feb 2008, 0:24, said:

I know that kind of games from 96.Similiar is WC1 or 2.When you have RA2 whats point of playing RA1.Its RED ALERT just that RA2 is advanced.

This has nothing to do with RA2, and wether you'd rather play it or not..
FYI, RA2 was COMPLETELY different from RA1, in-fact, the only thing that was similar, that the fact that the factions were Soviets and Allies

The only thing i was pointing out, is that you ridicule people for saying that RA3 sucks from just looking at the screens, yet a page ago...

View Postsoho, on 23 Feb 2008, 21:52, said:

I just saw RA1 screenshots.Its awful.

Total Hypocrite.

View Postsoho, on 23 Feb 2008, 18:32, said:

Its not.I just dont see fun in RA1.I also like some older games thatn new ones.Like DOOM 1 & 2 because DOOM 3 just sucks.But this is off topic.

The key words in there are "I". YOU don't like it but WE do.
Quit trying to convince us it sucks because no one is listening to you.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 23 Feb 2008

View Postsoho, on 24 Feb 2008, 0:28, said:

When you have RA2 whats point of playing RA1.
I can't believe I just read that :s .

The nostalgia of RA1 is so great that it excuses any gameplay issues it may have over RA2. IMO.
Edited by Chyros, 23 February 2008 - 23:36.

View PostLizzie-DS, on 24 Feb 2008, 0:34, said:

View Postsoho, on 23 Feb 2008, 18:32, said:

The key words in there are "I". YOU don't like it but WE do.
Quit trying to convince us it sucks because no one is listening to you.

Im not convincing anybody.Thats inpossible.Just said my opinion.

Can someone please ban Soho from having an Opinion?
This is actually getting rediculous...

OK.Wont post nothing about this anymore.OK?You guys are really angry :drunk: Peace
This topic is locked