←  Crazy Mod

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Screenshots: USA M1A1 Abrams Tank

Jordan's Photo Jordan 03 Nov 2008

USA M1A1 Abrams Tank

Here's a couple pictures showing off the turret fly-off feature of the Abrams Tank:

Fire! Whoa, where'd the turret go?

Posted Image

Minor Abrams Tank Blob:

Posted Image

It's probably a much more expensive cost to replace turrets than tank shells, so the Abrams tank does about 3x the damage of a regular tank shell, but has to reload its turret, so it has a slow ROF.

The trajectory of the turret is unpredictable right now, I haven't figured out a way for it to always fly off backwards.

-Jordan
Edited by Jordan, 12 December 2008 - 23:01.

Admiral FCS's Photo Admiral FCS 03 Nov 2008

8|

MR.Kim's Photo MR.Kim 03 Nov 2008

What the...? That's not right 8|.

Jordan's Photo Jordan 03 Nov 2008

Here's a more updated screenshot:

Posted Image

The Abrams tank is like a minor tank destroyer. Its main gun delivers a nasty first strike, but has a very long reload for a tank, about the same as a Tomahawk missile launcher. It also makes the turret flying off make more sense, and makes this unit more unique. Plus, if the tank fired every second, it would flood the battlefield in severed tank turrets.

-Jordan

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 03 Nov 2008

brilliant 8|

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 04 Nov 2008

wouldn't it be better if turret aims at enemy, gun fires, turret flys off to hit enemy?

Jordan's Photo Jordan 04 Nov 2008

Either that or the gun would point backwards, and the force of the recoil would propel the turret at the target.

However, I still prefer having the turret break.

-Jordan

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 04 Nov 2008

that's what i meant. just didn'tt know gow to explain it

Zeke's Photo Zeke 04 Nov 2008

it needs a hole in the chassis where the turret used to be 8|

and probably a pilot's head sticking out of it :P

Flechette?'s Photo Flechette? 04 Nov 2008

It needs to cause a secondary packet of damage from the impact of the turret. (when you get it to fall off backwards, I would imagine it would be un-codeable otherwise) Still, major luls.

Foxhound's Photo Foxhound 04 Nov 2008

View PostZeke, on 3 Nov 2008, 22:16, said:

it needs a hole in the chassis where the turret used to be 8|

and probably a pilot's head sticking out of it :P

Rai's Photo Rai 04 Nov 2008

View PostCookie General, on 4 Nov 2008, 6:08, said:

Here's a more updated screenshot:

Posted Image

The Abrams tank is like a minor tank destroyer. Its main gun delivers a nasty first strike, but has a very long reload for a tank, about the same as a Tomahawk missile launcher. It also makes the turret flying off make more sense, and makes this unit more unique. Plus, if the tank fired every second, it would flood the battlefield in severed tank turrets.

-Jordan

An excellent unit of destruction, well done Crazy Mod team, especially Jordan the Mod leader. That's why I like to support this mod to the end.

pirate's Photo pirate 04 Nov 2008

I think codewise you made the turret the projectile bone like with the original tomahawk laucher :) and used projectile feedback, correct?
if you want the turrets to fly backwards with random force, which you are using, correct?
you could give the real projectile a fire weapon update with a shockwave weapon (with a clipsize of one), which somehow shouldn't affect the tank :cool: (by for instance making the tank a lot heavier than the turret object, of course you will need to scale down the random force on the turret too in that case XD) or make the tank fly away too XD

I hope I helped you out, I really support your mod and I hope you apreciate my help....

Pirate

CodeCat's Photo CodeCat 12 Nov 2008

Seems to me that the turrets are flying off at the wrong angle. They should fly backwards.

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 12 Nov 2008

^No shit Sherlock :P That is what he said in the first post; it requires some fixing.
Anyways, looks really good Jordan. Good job :loels:

Deverill's Photo Deverill 09 Jan 2009

Very cool haha

Libains's Photo Libains 09 Jan 2009

Be wary of necroing stuff Deverill - last post was almost 2 months ago - and within two weeks/gone off of the first page of the forum/subforum is considering necromancy, which doesn't happen. It is cool though. :P

EDIT: I need to be wary of getting my posts merged by posting twice in very quick succession.... meh.
Edited by AJ, 09 January 2009 - 00:32.

Alias's Photo Alias 09 Jan 2009

From what I'm looking at it's would've still been on page 1, AJ.
Edited by Alias, 09 January 2009 - 01:12.

Libains's Photo Libains 09 Jan 2009

And there I was thinking it was the second page in... Ah well, my bad.

Deverill's Photo Deverill 09 Jan 2009

It was on page 1. It was like 4th down... if that.

I was bored so decided to check some renders, didn't even notice when the date of the last post was. I guess this section isn't as active as the others i use.