←  Games Modding

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Would .fx effect files work with Gen ZH?

VectorIV's Photo VectorIV 02 Aug 2010

I'm kind of new to the modding things. I've a question about it.

Would .fx effect files work with Gen ZH and where to put them if they'd work? Any possibilities to make they work if they don't? If not work out, what are the other options?

Any advices would be most helpful, thank you.

JJ's Photo JJ 02 Aug 2010

Can't, though apparently someone made working shaders before, don't remember who and where though.

Also, it seems that stock ZH shaders are fxo files, but I have no idea what they are and how they work.

VectorIV's Photo VectorIV 02 Aug 2010

How sad, so it's impossible for Gen ZH to have any new shaders.

So what could I do instead of adding shader? Like to make water reflects or glowing effects.
Edited by Vector IV, 02 August 2010 - 11:37.

Dr. Knickers's Photo Dr. Knickers 02 Aug 2010

View PostJJ_, on 2 Aug 2010, 4:08, said:

Can't, though apparently someone made working shaders before, don't remember who and where though.

Also, it seems that stock ZH shaders are fxo files, but I have no idea what they are and how they work.

I'm pretty sure fxo files are just compiled .fx files.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 02 Aug 2010

indeed, you can find them in the folder RA3/CNC3 MOD SDK/buildtmods/shaders/compiled I think.
Edited by Sargeant Rho, 02 August 2010 - 21:23.

n5p29's Photo n5p29 03 Aug 2010

wait...
.fxo? did you mean .pso?
I don't see any .fxo in ZH files, but there's some .pso files in Shaders.big and ShadersZH.big

JJ's Photo JJ 04 Aug 2010

Uhh, probably that one. Gives you a hint how little I know about those.

n5p29's Photo n5p29 04 Aug 2010

I also don't know how they work.
their filesize are really small (just few bytes), and if you open it with text editor it's just some random unknown characters. using hex editor also didn't give any hints. :)

VectorIV's Photo VectorIV 04 Aug 2010

:)

Okay...