Fallout Studios Forums

»

Helge´s art topic

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 19 Aug 2014

Posted Image

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 20 Aug 2014

Posted Image

Type 390 'Trebuchet' Siege Tank

The Type 390 Trebuchet was developed for the second attempt at recapturing Epsilon Eridani e/Tierados, the first human colony to declare independence from Earth in 2280 after the first invasion failed due to the heavy fortifications present on Tierados. Cities and other important areas on Tierados are protected by large shield generators capable of intercepting any projectile or vehicle attempting to break through. The only way to bring these shields down is by bombarding them until they overload, and the Trebuchet is built to do exactly that.

It's designed for high endurance, as such it's powered by two redundant microfusion reactors and has a built-in smelter to produce ammunition if needed. It's protected by heavy ceramic-graphene composite armor, with interior graphene spalling blankets as well as an active defense system capable of intercepting even small to medium caliber railgun rounds.

Its armament consists of a single hybrid cannon that functions like a regular 150mm electrothermal-chemical cannon while mobile, and transforms into a chemically assisted railgun when it deploys into siege mode. It also has a twin 40mm autocannon turret on the top, and two non-nuclear shield-breaking missiles.

Edited by Sgt. Rho, 20 August 2014 - 20:26.

Destiny's Photo Destiny 21 Aug 2014

Ooh, lovely Siege tank. You seem to love bulldozer blades :xD:

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 25 Aug 2014

Posted Image
Edited by Sgt. Rho, 28 August 2014 - 22:02.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 28 Aug 2014

Posted Image

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 24 Sep 2014

Commission work:
Posted Image

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 25 Sep 2014

Still not fully done with this DDG, and it's annoying the crap out of me by now...At least the following ships have more intresting hulls.

Posted Image

Destiny's Photo Destiny 25 Sep 2014

It's really beautiful though :xD:

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 07 Oct 2014

Posted Image

Destiny's Photo Destiny 07 Oct 2014

I like it. A lot. Wanna see it ingame~

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 08 Oct 2014

Wish granted.
There isn't a whole lot that works yet. You can select units and tell them to attack, also radars spin and they bobble in the waves. That's about it. Also only the main gun works right now, and it's somewhat buggy. Also does no damage.

The Fast Attack Craft is the only thing that is ingame at all currently.

Posted Image
Edited by Sgt. Rho, 08 October 2014 - 11:42.

Destiny's Photo Destiny 09 Oct 2014

Hahaha, god, this is REALLY beautiful. Really, really great job on this. What next, rigging the smoke particles for the exhaust?

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 09 Oct 2014

That'll be for later, once I get Unity's particle system - or someone who already knows his way around it. Next up is making missiles fly, and adding the Destroyer.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 12 Oct 2014

This is the Leviathan. The ship class that make Battleships look like RHIBs:

Posted Image

96 40mm cannons on 24 turrets, 20 8" cannons on 10 turrets, and 16 18" guns on 4 turrets as well as a (not yet modeled) VLS and 2 helipads. Additionally, 4 flare launchers and 8 SeaRAMs. Powered by two Sodium-Potassium cooled TOKAMAK reactors driving 4 water jets through steam turbines and 2 electrically. about 320 meters long and a little over 100 meters wide.
Edited by Sgt. Rho, 12 October 2014 - 01:11.

Destiny's Photo Destiny 13 Oct 2014

Well...I admit that's a bit overkill :xD: Not sure why you put a 40mm on one of the second turret (stacked turrets tend to kinda damage the bottom one when they blow up...)...

It looks like a really unwieldy ship, but I guess all battleship-type vessels are 8|

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 13 Oct 2014

Because the Yamato - the ship that served as initial inspiration - had PD turrets on the big guns as well :P

Due to it's propulsion - 2 Tokamaks driving 6 steam turbines that in turn produce power and drive 4 water jets + 2 electric ones on the outter hulls, it's actually rather mobile for it's size. And fast.
Edited by Sgt. Rho, 13 October 2014 - 15:06.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 27 Oct 2014

Started working on the Mothership:

Posted Image

Destiny's Photo Destiny 28 Oct 2014

They just get bigger and bigger and you're not even done with the Leviathan :xD:

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 03 Nov 2014

I'm stuck with the mother ship, so I touched up the cruiser (base model by Tank50us, railings, small details, VLS, and some work on the superstructure by me). Also: Ships. Ships everywhere.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 05 Nov 2014

Small interplanetary cargo hauler, I'll make a dropship variant later.

Posted Image

Edit: Dropship variant:
Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Sgt. Rho, 05 November 2014 - 20:40.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 05 Nov 2014

-le accidental double post-
Edited by Sgt. Rho, 05 November 2014 - 20:39.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 15 Jan 2015

New Corvette:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by Sgt. Rho, 15 January 2015 - 10:46.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 04 May 2015

'Gargoyle' Gunship, might go into Ardent Seas. Is armed with 2 5" naval Railguns, and a load of internally stored anti-ship missiles.

Posted Image

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 06 May 2015

Done. Also renamed it to Wyvern, and changed the wings.

Posted Image

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 06 Nov 2015

I hate texturing concrete. It's an utterly boring material >->
Posted Image