←  Other art

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Artwork questions

Zeke's Photo Zeke 31 Aug 2007

sorry I meant how do you give them the additive/alpha shader this is for generals

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 31 Aug 2007

[url="http://forum.cncreneclips.com/index.php?s=...st&p=123732"]http://forum.cncrene...=...st&p=123732[/url]

That was for renx, but the same principle applies, just make sure you make a w3d texture, rather than the standard 3ds max one.

Zeke's Photo Zeke 01 Sep 2007

View PostBob, on 31 Aug 2007, 19:17, said:

http://forum.cncrene...=...st&p=123732
Anyone else experince
That was for renx, but the same principle applies, just make sure you make a w3d texture, rather than the standard 3ds max one.

I tried to use the w3d skin editor for 3ds max, but it keeps making 3ds hang >.<
Edited by Zeke, 01 September 2007 - 08:53.

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 01 Sep 2007

I have a similar problem, usually when i try and apply an alpha channel it crashes (usually when i haven't saved for a while) -_-

So sorry, can't help ya there :P

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 17 Mar 2008

Does anyone know if there is a mixer palette (native or plugin) for PS CS2, much like the one in PSPX. If so, where can it be found?

Wizard's Photo Wizard 17 Mar 2008

Sorry I have been looking actually. Best I have found thus far is Color Wheel Pro here

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 18 Mar 2008

Oh god, not colour theory D:

Not really what i was looking for... this is what i was hoping for

thanks anyway...

Wizard's Photo Wizard 18 Mar 2008

As I said, that was the best I have come up with so far. I have been searching to. If I come across it I'll let you know the link.

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 18 Mar 2008

Thanks

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 26 May 2008

This has been pissing me off for quite some time... when ever I used the smudge tool the smudged area becomes darker, and I can't figure out what's causing it...

- The brush mode is set to normal
- "Sample all layers" and "finger painting" aren't on
- The only additional properties I have set for the brush is Strenght jitter, which is set pen pressure (and switching this off doesn't help)

I don't know what else could be causing it, anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: What looks like brush marks are also appearing (and i just have a normal round brush)... dunno if that helps...
Edited by Bob, 26 May 2008 - 18:06.

Jazzie Spurs's Photo Jazzie Spurs 14 Jun 2008

Well, I am trying to create a new MSN icon, with this file: Posted Image (Size: 175x157) and when I add it in MSN the outcome is this: Posted Image.
Please any advice to make it bigger?

Wizard's Photo Wizard 14 Jun 2008

Looks like it's an MSN issue rather than a photoshop one. I assume you are using "Save for web". If so what settings did you choose?

Alias's Photo Alias 14 Jun 2008

MSN automatically resizes all emotes from files to minuscule size.

Jazzie Spurs's Photo Jazzie Spurs 14 Jun 2008

Save as > Gif > then : Posted Image

Wizard's Photo Wizard 14 Jun 2008

Well as Alias and I have said it's probably an MSN thing more than photoshop. I never save gifs that way. I use "save for web" as there are more options available with the save. But I'm 99% sure there isn't anything you can do in PS about it.

View PostBob, on 26 May 2008, 19:04, said:

This has been pissing me off for quite some time... when ever I used the smudge tool the smudged area becomes darker, and I can't figure out what's causing it...

- The brush mode is set to normal
- "Sample all layers" and "finger painting" aren't on
- The only additional properties I have set for the brush is Strenght jitter, which is set pen pressure (and switching this off doesn't help)

I don't know what else could be causing it, anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: What looks like brush marks are also appearing (and i just have a normal round brush)... dunno if that helps...

Give us a screenie and I will take a look. Sorry mate didn't see this earlier!

Lonewolf's Photo Lonewolf 14 Jun 2008

View PostBob, on 31 Jul 2006, 1:28, said:

you can get a free trial of PSP (paint shop pro) here

and a free trial of PS (photoshop) here

but they only last a month

i don't think there is any good free software out there

google -> GIMP

also bob, what do u use?

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 24 Jun 2008

I mainly use Photoshop, occasionally using Paint Shop Pro for more general art, since it has some features not present in Photoshop.

@Wiz: I'm not sure if I have this problem on my new PC, since I haven't really used the smudge tool that much yet, but if I do, I'll get a screenshot.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 25 Jun 2008

Just realised.... you haven't got the smudge settings set to multiply or overlay have you? Not the layer style but the smudge style. Top menu^

If not screenshit when you get the chance!

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 13 Jul 2008

It appears that this problem does happen on my pc... The first pic is after smudging, the second I locked the transparency, and filled with the original colour. You probably won't noticed much of a difference, but if you open them in tabs, and switch between the two, you will see it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

P.S. Image size is 300% for easier viewing.
Edited by Bob, 13 July 2008 - 22:20.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 14 Jul 2008

Tbh I think I'd need to take a look inside PS. Any chance you can PM me the .psd and I will investigate. I have never noticed this effect when smudging, although it may just be a general effect of smudging that is only really noticable when working on something like this.

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 14 Jul 2008

If this is a "normal" effect of smudging, it's was introduced in CS3, since I never had this problem in CS2. I'll get you the PSD at some point, although I don't see how that's gonna help tbh, this happens on all images in PS :D

Brad's Photo Brad 01 Sep 2008

(GIMP)
HELP!, i accendently close the sidebar window that shows the layers/undo list etc, how do you restore it? as it wouldnt come back up when i restarted GIMP D:

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 02 Nov 2008

Going back to my smudge problem... this is still highly annoying. Sample pic, along with settings used (pretty much defaults):

Posted Image

Wizard's Photo Wizard 03 Nov 2008

I can't seem to duplicate this problem :D

Jok3r's Photo Jok3r 03 Nov 2008

View PostTactical_person, on 1 Sep 2008, 10:22, said:

(GIMP)
HELP!, i accendently close the sidebar window that shows the layers/undo list etc, how do you restore it? as it wouldnt come back up when i restarted GIMP D:

Late, but File-Dialogs-Layers/Undo