←  Questions, Feedback and Suggestions

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Forum Bug Report

General Ironside's Photo General Ironside 01 Jun 2008

i cannot send a PM to strategia even if i reply on his sent PM to me... his name is Strategia™©, so i think it´s from the special letters

Dauth's Photo Dauth 22 Jul 2008

1 New Messages

Come on, we've got to be able to fix this.

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 22 Jul 2008

LOL a little spelling error? 8|

Libains's Photo Libains 22 Jul 2008

Lol - how many times have we seen that and not bothered to mention it? Take a cookie Dauth!

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 23 Jul 2008

could make it message(s) if for some reason it cant be coded to be two different thingymabobs

Dauth's Photo Dauth 23 Jul 2008

I don't mind how it's fixed, as long as it gets fixed. The brackets work for me as a replacement, but having the system check for pluralisation can't be that bad.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 29 Nov 2008

I managed to stumble across the entire mappers guild forum just by going through the search engine (I found a mappers guild pack lying around on file front and remembered someone requesting it somewhere, here if anyone is interested) so yeah... that was pretty strange, felt like stumbling across a secret graveyard :rolleyes:
Edited by Pav3d, 29 November 2008 - 01:19.

Dauth's Photo Dauth 29 Nov 2008

The MG is currently available to staff+ and should not be viewable by anyone else. We have been gathering maps for the site. Thanks for the heads up I'll go beat people with a stick until this is sorted.

Teron's Photo Teron 29 Nov 2008

I don't know whether this has been reported before, but when I select "mark forum as read and return to board index" in a subforum, it displays the whole forum as read, but when I enter the root of that subforum again, new replied posts are still marked as unread. Either they have to be also checked as read, or the board index shouldn't set the whole forum section as read.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 01 Dec 2008

Clicked on Freedoms link to renevatio, altho the link doesnt work the skin that foum had still comes up :lol:

Posted Image

Mr. Mylo's Photo Mr. Mylo 01 Jan 2009

Most users ever online was 1052 on 8 Mar 2008, 22: 35

It should be "were" shouldn't it?

Mr. Mylo the eagle eye
Edited by Mr. Mylo, 01 January 2009 - 17:17.

Libains's Photo Libains 01 Jan 2009

Was is correct English I believe as it is denoting one single event, hence singular form is used. If there were multiple dates then it would be were, as it applies to the number of dates, not the number of members.

Mr. Mylo's Photo Mr. Mylo 01 Jan 2009

nope.... Most users "were" online... not was "online". If the admins relate "was" to the special date they should make a more common sentence.
Edited by Mr. Mylo, 01 January 2009 - 17:27.

Dauth's Photo Dauth 01 Jan 2009

Hmm I spy an outbreak of Grammar Nazis, best idea might be a new phrase, or better removing it. Do we care that as a result of a Digit that 1000+ people visited us? Perhaps most number of members might be interesting.

Libains's Photo Libains 01 Jan 2009

Easy way to settle this:

Most users ever online: 1052 on 8 Mar 2008, 22: 35

No need for was or were, and it makes perfect sense, and perhaps reads a little better as a stat. Thoughts?

CodeCat's Photo CodeCat 01 Jan 2009

View PostMr. Mylo, on 1 Jan 2009, 18:23, said:

nope.... Most users "were" online... not was "online". If the admins relate "was" to the special date they should make a more common sentence.

You seriously think we wrote that?

Stinger's Photo Stinger 12 Jan 2009

View PostMr. Mylo, on 1 Jan 2009, 17:15, said:

Most users ever online was 1052 on 8 Mar 2008, 22: 35

It should be "were" shouldn't it?

Mr. Mylo the eagle eye

The sentence is rather awkward, but "was" is the correct term in this case.

Say this aloud:"Most users ever online were 1052..."

It will not sound right to your ears.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 19 Jan 2009

I can see and access the mappers guild forum (tried to start a topic and it let me :S) in the "Secret and hidden projects" area

Mbob61's Photo Mbob61 19 Jan 2009

Sounds like a fun area to be able to see in my opinion |8
Who knows what cool stuff you might find in the secret and hidden area xD

Mike

Alias's Photo Alias 19 Jan 2009

It's nothing special, it's just an archive of the publicly viewable areas of the mappers' guild.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 19 Jan 2009

Also I don't think it's a bug, merely an error with your permission mask. You have access to that fourm anyway |8 and probably someone forgot to hide other "Hidden Projects" from you.

JJ's Photo JJ 19 Jan 2009

View PostWizard, on 19 Jan 2009, 17:39, said:

Also I don't think it's a bug, merely an error with your permission mask. You have access to that fourm anyway |8 and probably someone forgot to hide other "Hidden Projects" from you.

to that fourm anyway :D

that fourm

Huh? Huh? ;)

Wizard's Photo Wizard 19 Jan 2009

We do have mods hosted here that are not public for various reasons. Pav3d is a member of one. You should know this, SZ was hidden for a while whilst the leadership was being decided.

Dauth's Photo Dauth 19 Jan 2009

The MG was moved out of the deleted forums for someone to get maps for the website, tbh now I've got the best of the maps it can be moved back into the deleted forums area. At some point the maps will go up onto the website.

*Goes and moves the MG*

JJ's Photo JJ 19 Jan 2009

Yea, I know that very well. Just highlighting that part for fun. |8