←  Philosopher's Corner

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Why are we here?

BillyChaka's Photo BillyChaka 23 Apr 2007

What do you think? I don't know what to think. I mean, really. Why are we here? Are we to fulfill some kind of purpose?

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 23 Apr 2007

If think we are here because God wants us too. We all have 1 common goal and that is to survive and accomplish our desires.

E.V.E.'s Photo E.V.E. 23 Apr 2007

I think that everybody should make his own Reasons for this.
Some Live because they want to gain Power.
Others live to help the World.

If youre asking me why Humankind exists, Im sorry but I cant answer that Question.

- E.V.E.

CodeCat's Photo CodeCat 23 Apr 2007

I wasn't put here for any reason, it just happened. But now that I'm here, I can give purpose and reason to my life by myself. The same applies to everything as a whole. The only purpose things have is those we give them, and those they gives to themselves.

Golan's Photo Golan 23 Apr 2007

IMO this question canĀ“t really be answered. Our existence could be based on everything from simple "cause and effect" to a divine plan.

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 23 Apr 2007

I think people with a strong believe can answer this question. Not me off course :/

Sic's Photo Sic 23 Apr 2007

In my opinion, this stuff doesn't really have to be solved by a philosophy. It doesn't really have to be complicated. We're here to live and we should do it and enjoy it as much as we can.

CodeCat's Photo CodeCat 23 Apr 2007

I think there's more to it than just having fun. Actually making a difference and helping to make the world a better place for the next generation. If we have so much fun that we screw it up and leave those coming after us to clean up the mess, how would you feel if you came after us?

Warbz's Photo Warbz 23 Apr 2007

because of the natural process of evolution.

Whitey's Photo Whitey 23 Apr 2007

My purpose: To make the best of my time here, whether it be helping or hurting the others around me. The survival of humankind is none of my business because humankind would cast me aside if necessary for humankind to move forth. And so I shall do the same for my own imbetterment (Don't think it's a word, but it should be). There is absolutely no need to carry on the human race if it is going to make my life hell. The human race is just a species like any other, so why even bother stalling the inevitable?

God put me here and I don't know why. Perhaps to learn and interact with others? Perhaps it is a sick and cruel experiment? Perhaps to decide where to go when I die? I wouldn't know, but I am here as are you, and it is a dog-eat-dog world.

Rumpullpus's Photo Rumpullpus 23 Apr 2007

i think im here because the admins closed the deep end :/

Zancloufer's Photo Zancloufer 23 Apr 2007

^Same :/

Seriously though, it depends. We have no real reason, as no one has told us. We have to make up out own purposes, and make out own choices. There is no reason that we are here, we just are here. Personally I believe in God, the bible and that stuff (Well, most of it). We are here to do what we think is right, and then what happens? IDK, but this may be a test.

Warbz's Photo Warbz 23 Apr 2007

reading ur post straight after leatherneck's was like a big fat slap in the face

Hobbesy's Photo Hobbesy 23 Apr 2007

Even if there is'nt a reason you should still live life to the fullest. Though it sometimes saddens me when I see another person act so big and bad when they are nothing compared to a star. Just my two cents.

Mathias's Photo Mathias 24 Apr 2007

We're here to eat, fuck and raise our young. What did you honestly think?

Dr. Strangelove's Photo Dr. Strangelove 24 Apr 2007

There is absolutely no reason...

and do you know what that means?...

MEGALOMANIA!

Kris's Photo Kris 24 Apr 2007

I'm here so i can destroy the enviroment, fuck some girls, eat and other human stuff...

Futschki's Photo Futschki 24 Apr 2007

Yea .. and To Lurk in the forums :/

Jazzie Spurs's Photo Jazzie Spurs 24 Apr 2007

The answer is simple:
For pure chance, us we have evolved up to our current condition, Homo sapiens sapiens and we tried to reveal this question which response is the chance

TheDR's Photo TheDR 24 Apr 2007

To find a mate , make love , produce many offspring and in turn carry on the human race.

Cryptkeeper's Photo Cryptkeeper 24 Apr 2007

i'am here just to be every ones punching bag when every one wants to take out the world on something

General's Photo General 24 Apr 2007

We're here maybe because we need to answer some questions , its purely depends on the person for sure .

Overdose's Photo Overdose 24 Apr 2007

We're here because people we were given birth to and because we'll be giving birth to others who follow. After a 2 hour debate in college last year, ironically the most agreeable solution to this mystery is that humans primary reason to exist is to have sex.

It's not pretty and not spiritual but it's quite true. It's the same to all other species. We've exist to keep our overall existance possible.

Dr. Strangelove's Photo Dr. Strangelove 24 Apr 2007

We exist,...

to collapse the wave function of the universe.

If observers, did not exist, it would violate Quantum Physics.

No I'm not kidding. Really.

Cheesehead3557's Photo Cheesehead3557 24 Apr 2007