←  Info

Fallout Studios Forums

»

The Soviet Army

Destiny's Photo Destiny 24 Oct 2009

This doesn't look like a Sentry Gun anymore...it's a massive dual gattling cannon |8

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 28 Oct 2009

Tesla Coil remodelled.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 28 Oct 2009

Looks good cept for the HC which is in need of more details imo

Destiny's Photo Destiny 29 Oct 2009

The tesla ball looks...huge 8|

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 29 Oct 2009

Flak Cannon model updated

Destiny's Photo Destiny 29 Oct 2009

Perhaps lengthen the barrel a bit. Other than that it looks very, very nice.

Brad's Photo Brad 30 Oct 2009

The tesla coil, while nice, is a bit.. ballsy? As in, the ball is huge!
And as for the falk cannon, it is very nice and well detailed, but as Des said the barrel could use some extending, as it is looking a little short, when compared to the original RA2 flak cannon.

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 30 Oct 2009

It's the exact same length as the RA2 Flak cannon.
I imported the voxel and modelled the turret around it.

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 27 Feb 2010

New models;
Ore Refinery
War Miner

Destiny's Photo Destiny 27 Feb 2010

Oh my, pretty things...although the War Miner's...umm...sucker/scooper/whatthellisitcalled looks a bit lacking...but meh, it's awesome!

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 27 Feb 2010

View PostDestiny, on 27 Feb 2010, 9:00, said:

Oh my, pretty things...although the War Miner's...umm...scoop looks a bit lacking...but meh, it's awesome!

Probably because it's not textured yet.
That's a conveyor belt on the back of it.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 17 Mar 2010

Really good models there

Wizard's Photo Wizard 18 Mar 2010

Something about the Rhino looks off. I think it the lack of detail in the chasis compared with the turret. The buildings are superb as usual. Have you gotten anywhere with finding a skinner for these yet? And how are you getting on with coding them all in?

Zeke's Photo Zeke 19 Mar 2010

Actually I think it's the angle of the render, cause in RA2 you really can't see the treads it was covered by the huge mushroom shaped chassis

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 19 Mar 2010

Was just going through some of your previous renders and Ive got to say that Soviet battle lab looks amazing :o

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 19 Mar 2010

@Wizard
Unfortunately no, still no skinner.

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 31 Mar 2010

New models;
Radar Tower
Flak Track

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 23 Apr 2010

Two skins have been made;
Sentry Gun
V3 Rocket Launcher

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 14 Jun 2010

Fortress Walls & Flak Track skined.

Demo Truck & Kirov Airship models redone.

JJ's Photo JJ 16 Jul 2010

Nice stuff you got there, skin's not bad, even though it feels too clean. Models are superb.

Destiny's Photo Destiny 16 Jul 2010

The Kirov airship model is perfect, the most perfect model of all I've ever seen, honest.

I hope you can get the sharktooth paintjob right when you texture it, I've seen many failed badly. I have high expectations of it :P Otherwise....

Demo truck needs larger wheels!

Destiny's Photo Destiny 10 Sep 2010

Is it me or does the base of the Nuclear Missile Silo grow when it is closed? :D I don't really like how the nuclear missile itself looks though...it seems a bit...weird. Fire up RA2 and compare it to yours...maybe...try to make it that way~

Otherwise the Tesla tank is...lovely, although a bit lacking detail at the back. However I think the mast of the Typhoon is a bit too tall.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 12 Sep 2010

In fairness, the RA2 nuke has always looked somewhat like a dildo. The problem with changing RA2 models for full 3D use will bring about a perceived lack of detail especially if you want to be faithful to the original.