←  Media Section

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Russia Building media update 1

Alexei_Stukov's Photo Alexei_Stukov 11 Mar 2008

Hello friends,
As I promissed here are some pictures of my first building.

I really hope you will like my building style ( If you don't please make good and full suggestions, I'll be happy to read them and learn)

http://stukov.hit.bg...C%20constr..jpg
http://stukov.hit.bg...mmandcenter.jpg

See you soon guys.

" The knowledge is the best expirience "
Edited by Alexei_Stukov, 11 March 2008 - 19:10.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 11 Mar 2008

Looks quite good^^

Dauth's Photo Dauth 11 Mar 2008

At first glance I like it, however some insignia of who owns the building would add to the tone of the building.

The construction walls are a nice touch, this level of detail in every part of the mod will make it well worth playing.

Alias's Photo Alias 11 Mar 2008

You may want to reduce the bevel on those bricks, at the moment they look a bit like plastic.

Dauth you mean housecolors? If is this no problem I'll add thats the easiest way in modding :P
About plastic bricks yes you have your point I'll corect it :P

Dauth's Photo Dauth 11 Mar 2008

No I mean things like a Russian symbol or a flag flying, something that says 'This is a Russian Building' not 'This is a non-descript weapons installation'

OO yes you are right :P I missed that :P
I was wondered before if I change the housecolor flag with Russian and to add some additional housecolors.
This days I'll do that
Edited by Alexei_Stukov, 11 March 2008 - 19:28.

Kamikazi's Photo Kamikazi 11 Mar 2008

Looks fine to me Alexei, good work :P

Anubis's Photo Anubis 11 Mar 2008

Needs more house colors. The dozer hangar should have some sort of structure behind ( some sort of control center for the hangar ). The roof color should be different - right now it looks like the concret from the courtyard. Also a few more detals on the structure should be added. And the window shape and number should be changed ( smaller and greater numbers ). It looks somehow good, but needs more work.

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 11 Mar 2008

Great stuuf as usual :P

Jazzie Spurs's Photo Jazzie Spurs 11 Mar 2008

Come on! I bet that Command Center have arround 800-1100 polys! Add more details, get it to 1900 polys, since it is a not spammed building :P
And don't use too much bevel, I use it in some skins, and looks so bad in the end :P

Alexei_Stukov's Photo Alexei_Stukov 12 Mar 2008

No It's poly is around 600. And I don't see any need to make it hevier.
Thanks to anubis for the suggestions I'll think about it :P

☆FreedoM_FighteR☆'s Photo ☆FreedoM_FighteR☆ 12 Mar 2008

looks cool but what i can segest its make the skin more real like yor units models
use RL texture for it :P keep em coming

Red's Photo Red 12 Mar 2008

Nicely made :P

Thanks a lot to every one especially to criticisms and suggestions.
Today I redone the building and I think it is really nice looking.
For me it is finished and done good. If you don't like it just drink one cold cup water :P ( just kidding )

http://modsite2.hit....er%20redone.jpg

" The knowledge is the best expirience "

Anubis's Photo Anubis 12 Mar 2008

Though the roof should have some more details on it ( like climate control stuff and maybe even a radar antena and something else), right now the model looks 95 % better than the first one. Really good work. Keep'em comming.

Axel of Sweden's Photo Axel of Sweden 12 Mar 2008

is that a helipad on the roof?

Thanks man next update will be for Russian construction dozer :read:
WOW Axel what it looks to you :P
Edited by Alexei_Stukov, 12 March 2008 - 16:04.

Strategia's Photo Strategia 12 Mar 2008

That, is quite simply one of the most AWESOME buildings I have seen in Generals to date. Seriously, man. Excellent work :P

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 12 Mar 2008

Indeed, I totally fell in love with the updated CC :P

I'm really happy too cause that was my first building and long time I was afraid that I couuldn't create good skin.
See you soon friends
bye
Edited by Alexei_Stukov, 12 March 2008 - 16:50.

JJ's Photo JJ 13 Mar 2008

It's good, but looks a little "civilian". Also, I suggest you wrap the image links in img tags so people won't have to click the link to see the pictures.

Alexei_Stukov's Photo Alexei_Stukov 13 Mar 2008

JJ I live in Bulgaria. My country is really close to Russia we are brothers. Our language is used from russians ( little transformed) I was soldier and I must say that our millitary buildig doesn't look so millitary :ugly: So in my opinion for game building it is good. Everyone knows what kind of building it is ( Commandcenter ) :D

Attached File(s)

Edited by Alexei_Stukov, 13 March 2008 - 08:55.

Waris's Photo Waris 13 Mar 2008

View PostJJ_, on 13 Mar 2008, 19:12, said:

It's good, but looks a little "civilian". Also, I suggest you wrap the image links in img tags so people won't have to click the link to see the pictures.

Considering this will be a realistic mod, no army has yet to consider putting big colourful 'Shoot us, dirty Amerikkans!!!' signs on their military installations :D

Alexei_Stukov's Photo Alexei_Stukov 13 Mar 2008

Yes exactly The military buildings in real life are simple grey concrete buildings ( some kind ugly ) Only weapons and their sizes are making them military.