←  Media Section

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Russia media update 21

Alexei_Stukov's Photo Alexei_Stukov 15 May 2008

Hello guys,
Today I finished my first Heli.
It is too late here so lets move to the pic.
More info and specification about Russian Ka-50 later ;)

http://modsite2.hit.bg/KA-50pic.jpg

Good night

Dauth's Photo Dauth 15 May 2008

Very nice, keep up the good work.

Jazzie Spurs's Photo Jazzie Spurs 15 May 2008

Sexy!

mig31's Photo mig31 15 May 2008

holy sheep! very nice model ;)

Mr. Mylo's Photo Mr. Mylo 15 May 2008

nice model

Rot Front's Photo Rot Front 15 May 2008

Nice but IMO skin looks undetailed. (Yes i know that in real life it is 'undetailed' too, but in game looks better if it have some visible armor plates, scratch marks etc, look to Ka-50 from MidEast Crisis, f.e.)

But this is not so important, good work.

P.S. Will be Ka-52 or Ka-54 in mod? As upgrade for this Ka-50, maybe...

Strategia's Photo Strategia 15 May 2008

Excellent model, very sexy in that badass black :P

but why is this called "building" media update? ;)

CommanderJB's Photo CommanderJB 15 May 2008

Hmm, I'd wondered that... brilliant model at any rate (though I still prefer the Ka-52!), can't wait to use it... sometime.

NergiZed's Photo NergiZed 15 May 2008

Awesome, that's my most fav helicopter ever. yay.

keep up the good work.

Beta9's Photo Beta9 15 May 2008

Very cool job. Its really slick.

Alexei_Stukov's Photo Alexei_Stukov 16 May 2008

Rot if I have to be honest you are wrong. The model from MidEast Crisis is really bad. I had seen it in game and I don't like it.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/5551/mideast-cri...4/ka50#imagebox
This is render don't forget. All we know that rendered models are looking better!
And tell me man what will you see in resolution 1280x1024. In my opinion my Ka-50 is the best model for generals.

About topic name - It was 1.00 AM yesterday ;) now fixed

CommanderJB's Photo CommanderJB 16 May 2008

It's definitely a great model - the shape is a lot more accurate than the MEC one. Though I have to say the skin could withstand being just a tiny bit lighter, because some of those cool details look like they're getting lost in the deep black. On the other hand it could be my monitor settings.

Rot Front's Photo Rot Front 16 May 2008

Rot if I have to be honest you are wrong. The model from MidEast Crisis is really bad. I had seen it in game and I don't like it.

It was just example. IMO 'detailed' skins looks better.
Or look at RWM's AH-64D.

Though I have to say the skin could withstand being just a tiny bit lighter, because some of those cool details look like they're getting lost in the deep black.

...And te black model is allocates from another models style.
So, why not take this scheme:
Posted Image

Alexei_Stukov's Photo Alexei_Stukov 16 May 2008

Just I'll say for me black model is much cooler than camo one. That's why they called it The Black Shark. I don't need to consider with other mods about using same design and color.
RWM- I don't like their USA skin style.
Rot I know for your self you are right. That was the reason I started to create my own mod because I don't like many things in Generals and other mods. One suggest if you don't like something try to create better one. Thats the way of the progress.

About skin details: Everyone with average skills in skining can create realistic and detailed skin but the time for this pleasure will be twice. I don't think there is any need to loose so many hours just to zoom out in high distance and all the details will gone ;)
Just one example: The shokwave models are not very detailed (in my opinion) but in the game they look very good. That's is most important for this game.
If I want to create heavy detailed unit it won't be for Generals - just none sense.
CYA

Soul's Photo Soul 16 May 2008

I like it the way it is :P .

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 16 May 2008

Me too.

Kamikazi's Photo Kamikazi 16 May 2008

Yummy! Looks tasty! Nice work man!

Zeke's Photo Zeke 16 May 2008

View PostRot Front, on 15 May 2008, 22:19, said:

Nice but IMO skin looks undetailed. (Yes i know that in real life it is 'undetailed' too, but in game looks better

sorry but your wrong :P most games are played where the unit is viewed from far away. At that point, you wouldn't notice the scratches and marks etc.

nice work Alexei, looks nice :lol:

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 17 May 2008

nice update. love the skin

Jok3r's Photo Jok3r 17 May 2008

Damnit man, that looks awesome! Although its not terribly detailed, I also don't spend a whole game zoomed in...
~Swimmer

Red's Photo Red 17 May 2008

Very Nice!! :P

edsato82's Photo edsato82 17 May 2008

BEAUTIFUL

Kaido's Photo Kaido 19 May 2008

That is So... Just no Words for it bec u can see the beauty of it and bang :P

Guest_Caeruleus_* 20 May 2008

Black helicopters are very awesome, indeed.

Whitey's Photo Whitey 23 May 2008

I love it, as I do all of your other work that I haven't commented on. Keep it up. I really do enjoy the pictures of these things.

-Boidy