←  Code Block

Fallout Studios Forums

»

[PHP] Headers and caching

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 24 May 2008

My experience with headers is a bit hit 'n miss, sometimes they don't work sometimes they do... I think this is mainly down to lack of knowledge of parameters that can be used, so I got 2 things to ask.

1. How do I set up a header to indefinitely cache a page (or in my current situation, an image created via PHP)
2. Are there any good places for references to headers and the parameters that can be used?

Mortecha's Photo Mortecha 24 May 2008

When you say indefinitely cache a page, Do you mean that it is fluid and will fit to any screen? Also how are you making the page?

Probably should have worded that better, I mean the cache to have no expiration date or as good as.

I have tried several things, and to a certain extent they work, but it seems it needs to be loaded from the server quite a few times before it is actually cached :P

Haha sry but I was under the impression it was something to do with web page construction:P I think what your dealing with is slightly over my knowledge at the moment. Good luck with it though:)

PHP is to do with web pages... oO
Edited by Bob, 24 May 2008 - 16:51.

Lol there you go, I wouldn't know the first thing about PHP:P I'm mainly using dream weaver at the moment.

PHP is a server-side language, Dreamweaver is a program. You use dreamweaver to create php (amongst other things) >.>

I'm guessing your just starting out in the wide world or web site creating...? :P
Edited by Bob, 24 May 2008 - 17:07.

Yeah pretty much. I've covered using tables, frames, iframes, CSS styles and basic behavior adjustment. Ill have a look but it wouldn't surprise me if we start covering PHP in the second semester or second year.