←  Advanced Warfare

Fallout Studios Forums

»

What do you want, more Infantry or more Ve...

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 06 Jul 2008

I wonder what you guys think, should the gameplay be based mostly:

-Arround Infantry (So much infantry, few vehicles),

-or more Vehicle based (Equal ammout of Vehicles as of Infantry)

JJ's Photo JJ 16 Jul 2008

Hmm, no one posted. Well, I personally like almost equal amounts of infantry and vehicles, with infantry being slightly more. They should also play an important role.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 16 Jul 2008

I initially planned to do it similar to Ground Control 2: Mostly infantry, and a few vehicles to f*ck the sh*t up of anything the infantry can't kill.

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 16 Jul 2008

Yeah, infantry should definatly play a larger role in C&C, I mostly use them as cannonfodder :P

Strategia's Photo Strategia 16 Jul 2008

Infantry, definitely. While I was pleased to see a greater variety of inf in CnC3 than in Generals, I still think inf is too limited - they're either cheap spammable cannonfodder or powerful special forces, the Zonie tentatively falling into the latter category. For anti-tank roles, tanks are better over ATGMs, and the only inf of the first type you should really consider sending against buildings are Fanatics, though Grenadiers are decent. And there is, speaking in absolutes, still a dearth of infantry types; both sides (haven't had much to do with the Scrin yet) only has one anti-inf rifleman, one multirole missile trooper, one high-explosive anti-building trooper. The Black Hand in Renegade were armed with laser rifles, rocket launchers, gattling guns IIRC; in CnC3 they only have flamethrowers.

I'm adding an arseload of inf to my mod, and I like it so very much when other mods also give some love to these much-maligned soft little fleshbags that go squish so nicely ^_^

Kichō's Photo Kichō 16 Jul 2008

I choose Infantry, they should be able to play a more important role. Seeing as I'm an infantry player myself :P

Kamikazi's Photo Kamikazi 17 Jul 2008

More infantry cause in ZH I never use it (only as China) and at CNC3 also :P