←  C&C Generals & Zero Hour Editing

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Removed from the public models thread

This topic is locked

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 17 Jun 2008

ok, that's why i'm edittiing it. AFAIK, ZH can allow tanks less than 600 polys right? this is around 300

Fincer's Photo Fincer 17 Jun 2008

Zero Hour can allow a tank model, for example, less than 10 polygons. It's just a question of details and quality. More than 1000 polygons are not recommended since it causes lag otherwise. Structures could probably include more polygons, max. around 2000 I think.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 17 Jun 2008

There is no poly limit in ZH. But there is a limit from which on the polycount causes lag. IIRC for tanks it was 5000...at least on my previous comp (from 2004) it was 5000.

Noswar's Photo Noswar 17 Jun 2008

You also, need to take into account that not everyone in the world has a super computer, I usually shoot to get a model of about 700-900 for Zero Hour, you can make any decent looking vehicle for Zero Hour that you can build a lot of without it causing any lag. You have to take in account the lesser computers. 5000 can be built without causing lag, but you want to be able to build lots. And besides, the texture will give the little details. Remember this and you'll be creating stuff that works just fine. And remember, practice, practice, practice.

-Noswar

Admiral FCS's Photo Admiral FCS 21 Jun 2008

So, I guess, a true good modeller can model a good model with least possible amount of verticles and faces?

JJ's Photo JJ 21 Jun 2008

Yea. I created a Merkava once with 500 polys. Quite detailed for a Generals model. D:D

Too bad it is wiped when I reformatted.

Futschki's Photo Futschki 21 Jun 2008

So it means .. that a true good modeler doesnt waste polies on useless thingys ...

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 31 Jul 2008

no damaged skin? :O
This topic is locked