←  Info

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Mithrillite

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 23 Oct 2008

Posted Image

A crystilline material formed by rare planetary forces beneath the surface of the planet, eventually forming large columns of crystal underground that puncture through the surface.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

When a colony is created on a planet that has Mithrillite, these structures are erected to bring the valuble crystal to the serface. This allows special colecting vehicles to pick it up from the ground, before heading back to the refineing center.
Edited by Slye_Fox, 01 April 2011 - 21:59.

Comrade Sanders's Photo Comrade Sanders 23 Oct 2008

thats looks more like hunks of metal then crystals IMO. (but what to expect from SAGE anyway?)
are the values of the darker ones diffrent from the lighter ones?
also i have been watching this mod for a while now. looks very intresting, and unique from orther mods i seen.
Edited by Evil Clown, 23 October 2008 - 01:09.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 23 Oct 2008

The name Mithril refers to their metallic nature I believe (ever read Lord of the Rings?) For all you know, they could be metallic crystals. I can say they are a nice variation from Tiberium. Is it basically the resource that forms the basis for the weapons production etc?

CommanderJB's Photo CommanderJB 23 Oct 2008

Looks halfway between StarCraft's Minerals and Tiberium. Nice work, it actually looks like a fairly valuable resource for once without being annoyingly unrealistic. Also, which is the more valuable version?

Deepcore Mithrillite(right) is more valuble
Edited by Slye_Fox, 23 October 2008 - 09:22.

Destrukto's Photo Destrukto 23 Oct 2008

"Not enough minerals" :P
Is there going to be any substitute for blossom trees?

yes, but don't ask what it is.

Destrukto's Photo Destrukto 18 Nov 2008

I just think that it would be fun if it would just randomly pierce through the ground surface, impaling anything unlucky to be there. :lol:
Edited by Destrukto, 18 November 2008 - 13:32.

Brad's Photo Brad 26 Jan 2009

Looks awsome. So, has the vehicle that is paired with this structure been released yet, a harvester of sorts?
Or does this structure just make the mithrilite surface while another structure harvests it?

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 26 Jan 2009

This is the replacement for the Tiberium crator at the center of Tiberium fields.

Soul's Photo Soul 27 Jan 2009

Looks nice :D.