←  Suggestion Forum

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Possible unit upgrade for the MSTA

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 29 Nov 2008

Posted Image

individual upgrades, probably $1200, more firepower, but slightly longer reloading times.

Alexei_Stukov's Photo Alexei_Stukov 29 Nov 2008

You suggest to make an upgrade for MSTA that increase fire power but longer reload time.
I have to think about it. but you must know MSTA have +25% fire power after upgrade Armor Piercing Shells.

zerocold's Photo zerocold 29 Nov 2008

IMO the antitank missile should be asigned by general point star, so you asign the AT missile to the BtR-90 and the T-95 at the same time, but should not be asigned to the T-90, while the machine gun should not be asigned to the T-95, so then u have a tanks anti-tank (T-95) and a more multirole tank (T-90), also it could avoud any over powered unit.

Th Gaz Vodnik unit is redundant, i think is better to be replaced or upgraded to the BTR-90, i think that the general star for the BTR-90 is a bit sense less, since it is not a great or vital unit.

The Su-47 is a legend in the Generals modding :rolleyes:, but since this is a realistic mod, why not to change the su-47 for the russian "skat" as a relative slow and cheap bomber with more limited stealthy capacities, stealthy bombers is a american side feature, the skat could have a "stealthy mode" which can last 5-6 seconds, or make that cant attck while in stealthy mode, dunno, just a idea, anyway the skat should have a decent line of sight, so perfect to use in combination with the smerch, and should be more a support unit (intelligence, ECM support) than a combt aircraft

http://www.militaryp...ad.php?t=118835

The topol M as superweapon is very creative (cool feature actually), but i think that topolM's units should also cost some energy (actually, a lot) for balance reasons, also the damage is crazy overpowered :cool:

Now that im gathering resourse with the Mi-26, the resources gathered should be a bit less, mayve 1600 or 1200.

individual upgrades, probably $1200, more firepower, but slightly longer reloading times.

I think other canon will give the same fire power, but with the double fire rate speed
Edited by zerocold, 29 November 2008 - 16:51.

Alexei_Stukov's Photo Alexei_Stukov 29 Nov 2008

Thanks for the suggestion I'll think about it.

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 30 Nov 2008

also possibly a decrease in speed due to increased weight by gun and shells

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 15 Dec 2008

sorry for duble post but i read that the pic is a twin 152mm howitzer, labelled Koalitsiya-SV (coalition) in pic it uses prototype of the MSTA-S. The actual has a longer range and faster rate of fire, and has possible naval application. Possible chassis uses 7 road wheels, chassis said to be that of T-95.

Source: Janes weekly defence 24th jan 2007

CommanderJB's Photo CommanderJB 15 Dec 2008

For more information:
http://www.military-...alitsija_sv.htm
I'd suggest using the projected production model (bottom image on above page) for sure as opposed to the much-hackneyed MSTA-S prototype. Not only is it more unique it's actually accurate as well.
Edited by CommanderJB, 15 December 2008 - 13:00.

Waris's Photo Waris 15 Dec 2008

Great idea!

Alexei_Stukov's Photo Alexei_Stukov 15 Dec 2008

Sounds good.

CommanderJB's Photo CommanderJB 05 Jan 2009

Apologies for the bump but it's with good info, really!
I dug up a couple of interesting pictures which may be very useful in modelling and implementing it, if you still want to that is.

Posted Image

Posted Image

From this page here:
http://btvt.narod.ru...oalition_sv.htm

Alexei_Stukov's Photo Alexei_Stukov 05 Jan 2009

Really thanks man :P