←  Warfare Technology

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Hovering Multiple Kill vehicle

NergiZed's Photo NergiZed 09 Dec 2008

Now, I'm pretty sure this thing is meant for high altitude missile interception and would prolly work waaay better in space. But seriously, isn't that like the coolest thing you've seen today?

If you could pack some explosives in there, ir could be a HOVERING BOMB. Now that prolly won't happen, since it's mainly just a kill vehicle, but still, that's pretty cool.
Edited by NergiZed, 09 December 2008 - 06:38.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 09 Dec 2008

Agile kill vehicle is agile.

Also, seen that years ago. It's ment to be fired into orbit and ramm itself into incoming ICBM warheads :P

Waris's Photo Waris 09 Dec 2008

Sgt. Rho, on 10 Dec 2008, 9:22, said:

Also, seen that years ago. It's ment to be fired into orbit and ramm itself into incoming ICBM warheads :P

Keyword: Multiple Kill

It is designed to intercept and destroy multiple warheads by flying through their flight paths
Edited by Waris, 09 December 2008 - 23:04.

NergiZed's Photo NergiZed 09 Dec 2008

Sgt. Rho, on 9 Dec 2008, 22:52, said:

Well, I dunno how you could've seen this years ago, since that specific test occurred a mere week ago. So unless your develping the technology to bend the space-time continium, I think you're thinking of something else.

also, this vid explains the thing:

Dr. Strangelove's Photo Dr. Strangelove 10 Dec 2008

I'm rather surprised we didn't have this back in the 80's.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 10 Dec 2008

Gotta love the starship trooper-esque video presentation :P

Razven's Photo Razven 11 Dec 2008

For a moment, I thought it was from a video game, maybe something from Aperture Science (Portal 2?) then I looked at it and noticed that it was real.

NergiZed's Photo NergiZed 11 Dec 2008

I know, I know. Everyone I showed this too, thought it was something out of Gary's Mod or something at first.

I guess people just didn't think hovering like that is a possibility in RL.

I didn't think it was possible either. I'm still flabbergasted every time I watch that thing hover like that.
Edited by NergiZed, 11 December 2008 - 19:51.