←  Role Playing Games

Fallout Studios Forums

»

I completed the Main Quest with Neutral Karma

AllStarZ's Photo AllStarZ 31 Jan 2009

...And all I got was a shorter ending.

Dauth's Photo Dauth 31 Jan 2009

I know, I did it took, maintaining neutral all the way through is quite difficult and I was frankly pissed off.

Waris's Photo Waris 31 Jan 2009

What did you expect? Being neutral is like being insignificant.

Dauth's Photo Dauth 31 Jan 2009

View PostWaris, on 31 Jan 2009, 10:24, said:

You have never done any serious Role Playing have you? Being neutral is the hardest thing to do in a game, its so easy to drift into Good or Evil, especially with the discrete nature of computer RPGs.

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 31 Jan 2009

I so agree with you there Dauth. There is so many things you need to take into account when staying neutral, in almost every RPG. In Fallout 3 it has been made even harder I think. So far I only got the evil and the good ending.

Waris's Photo Waris 31 Jan 2009

View PostDauth, on 31 Jan 2009, 20:57, said:

View PostWaris, on 31 Jan 2009, 10:24, said:

You have never done any serious Role Playing have you? Being neutral is the hardest thing to do in a game, its so easy to drift into Good or Evil, especially with the discrete nature of computer RPGs.

What is 'serious Role Playing'? In any RPG I've played that involves making moral decisions I never aimed to become a 'neutral' sort of character because of the lack of motivation to become one.

AllStarZ's Photo AllStarZ 31 Jan 2009

Well in Fallout, with Neutral Karma, you can get the Impartial Mediation Perk, which allows you a +30 to speech so long as you remain neutral. And if you're neutral, you won't get hunted down by either Regulators or Talon Company Mercs.