←  Video Archive Room

Fallout Studios Forums

»

World's most terrible dubbing ever

Overdose's Photo Overdose 20 Mar 2009

If you are like me and think dubbing is bad in general, you definition of 'bad' will be shattered. Behold the American release of Chaos Wars.

Alias's Photo Alias 20 Mar 2009

Uru sounds like a fag.
Karen sounds synthesised.
...and Nicole is a man.

wat.

Libains's Photo Libains 20 Mar 2009

There is cutting corners, then there's employing people off the street.....

This is horridly bad.

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 20 Mar 2009

Oh lawd, this one.

Amazingly horrible. It's hard to tell if this was deliberate or not.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 20 Mar 2009

Lul sounds like they just used the programmers to do the voices

JJ's Photo JJ 20 Mar 2009

It's so horrible it's funny. :chillpill:

E.V.E.'s Photo E.V.E. 20 Mar 2009

Wow! I really can't move my Body!

Best Voice Actor in that game is by far the one who does Grave (:chillpill:)

- E.V.E.

Overdose's Photo Overdose 20 Mar 2009

That's because Grave has no lines xD

E.V.E.'s Photo E.V.E. 20 Mar 2009

You got it! Posted Image

- E.V.E.

Rayburn's Photo Rayburn 20 Mar 2009

Oh dear bloody bleeding Christ, this is BAD! I've got no clue what Chaos Wars is but being German, I've seen (or rather, heard) a lot of dubbed movies and games,
including that silly Polish channel which used a single male speaker for every character but this is it, THIS takes the biscuit; in fact, it takes the entire biscuit tin!
Edited by Rayburn, 20 March 2009 - 17:39.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 20 Mar 2009

lmao, that is the same polish guy for like every polish dubbed show/film ever I think, that n they dont even block out the voices from whoever is talking, he just talks OVER them

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 20 Mar 2009

View PostAlias, on 20 Mar 2009, 6:31, said:

Uru sounds like a fag.
Karen sounds like synthesised asian .
...and Nicole is a man.

wat.

Quoted with minor additon
Edited by Scope, 20 March 2009 - 21:03.

amazin's Photo amazin 20 Mar 2009

its hard to say which is worse, the dubbing or the lines themselves

i think they used the programmer's voices for some of operation anchorage... but it didnt come out bad
Edited by umm not dachamp, 20 March 2009 - 22:10.

E.V.E.'s Photo E.V.E. 22 Mar 2009

I still can't move my Body.

- E.V.E.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 24 Mar 2009

This is worse than hearing Clint Eastwood saying "Hände hoch!" :D .

tank50us's Photo tank50us 25 Mar 2009

having written a screen play myself, all that was needed to fix the problem is this little thing called "Stage Direction", it not only shows just what the character is supposed to be doing, but how they're doing it. And if done right, damn near anyone (execpt maybe Caboose from RvB) can figure out the scene. Then again, it helps even better when more then just the characters avatar is shown on screen (granted, Airforce Delta Strike does the same thing, it at least has multiple pictures for each character to show their emotions)
Example of a properly written screen play line(s)

[Davonger is standing on the rim of the Krisitoa Volcano, waiting for the timer to start]
Steele: Seismic activities increasing Dav, be ready.
Davonger: [after looking into the crater] Yeah, temperature’s rising too, how long?
Steele: Krisitoa erupts at predicable intervals… two minutes. As you know Dav, the challenge ends the moment you cross the finish line, any quote-un-quote “deaths” add to your time, and you start over from the last check point. Keep in mind this area is extremely active, and fissures can open up at any time.
Davonger: And any flying equipment is useless due to the ash’s density. Good thing I’m wearing this mask then.
Steele: 10 seconds.

Now, can anyone figure out just what is going on in that scene, and just so ya'll know, this is something I wrote, and I'll admit, it's not perfect