←  Philosopher's Corner

Fallout Studios Forums

»

On this thread

AllStarZ's Photo AllStarZ 21 Mar 2009

What is philosophy? People, I want answers.

G-sus's Photo G-sus 21 Mar 2009

thereĀ“s a pretty good definition...

WNxMastrefubu's Photo WNxMastrefubu 22 Mar 2009

above post pretty much sums it up. u culdve jst googled it

AllStarZ's Photo AllStarZ 22 Mar 2009

But are we using a measured and systematic approach? All we are doing is akin to shouting out our opinions.

Z_mann's Photo Z_mann 25 Mar 2009

By 'we', you mean us the forum frequenters, or humans in general? I mean there are rules of having a proper discourse - but people just don't know them, or just don't bother to apply.

Also, this is a forum. And since, it is a place to hold debates. Or shouting out opinions. Most people do that in... talking :P I sure as hell do XD

Overdose's Photo Overdose 27 Mar 2009

Let's have opinions about opining and debates about debating. Wonderful way to spend time (not really.) Now the real question, makes it appearance:

Why?

Why do we bother about debates? Why do we care about opinions?

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 27 Mar 2009

View PostOverdose, on 26 Mar 2009, 23:36, said:

Let's have opinions about opining and debates about debating. Wonderful way to spend time (not really.) Now the real question, makes it appearance:

Why?

Why do we bother about debates? Why do we care about opinions?

It is human nature to inquire about our surroundings. We are not merely animalistic in our nature and trusting of the environments around us. The human mind has always pushed forth the question "Why?". This is because being locked out causes a disturbance sometimes fear even. We often fear what we do not understand. This is why humans turned to religions. Fear of death and its void of unknown. I'll try to expand tomorrow morning.