»

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 confirmed

CommanderJB's Photo CommanderJB 26 Mar 2009

http://au.pc.ign.com...6/966508p1.html
And the more interesting bit, the reveal trailer:
http://www.gametrail...ayer/47178.html

E.V.E.'s Photo E.V.E. 26 Mar 2009

Great News!
That will be sooner than I expected and the Teaser is good looking aswell.

Soon the time will come where I can knife Thezzy's and Stinger's Azzes ... again!

- E.V.E.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 26 Mar 2009

I liked the trailer. Also interesting release date :P

Rayburn's Photo Rayburn 26 Mar 2009

CoD4 was great. Even if they just manage to make this one just as good, I'll be happy. To hell with M1 Garands and MP40s.
Since I might not be around to buy it myself, I'll just tell my mates to get me an English copy for my birthday.
Edited by Rayburn, 26 March 2009 - 08:14.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 26 Mar 2009

Oooooh yeeeeaaaaaaaah

Really great news

Wanderer's Photo Wanderer 26 Mar 2009

It's refreshing to see some modern fps games too, not just futuristic or WW2. COD4 managed to really nail the gameplay. The ability to make your own loadout, choose your perks makes it really fun :P and the fact that things aren't 100% bulletproof makes playing even more interesting. there is nothing more satisfying than drilling through a piece of concrete to hit a running guy in the head.
I'm really looking forward to getting MW2 and to start collecting and trying out different things
Edited by Wanderer, 26 March 2009 - 08:53.

deltaepsilon's Photo deltaepsilon 26 Mar 2009

The trailer was... obscure, to say the least.

But it sure as hell was stylish and slick. The new logos are already looking awesome.

This just in: Perks ruined the game beyond repair

I just love how stupid these people are. Makes me appreciate the politeness and maturity of this place anytime.

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 26 Mar 2009

Perks were, in my mind, the best thing to happen to multiplayer gaming since the loadout screen. So much customisation in multiplayer!

That being said, CoD4's weren't super balanced. But that can be fixed.

I never bothered playing anything other than hardcore mode because Juggernaut doesn't mean shite there.
The only thing that pisses me off is Martyr. Never used it myself but damn, it's so bloody cheap.

Actually, it'd be a great step forward if they just removed bunny hopping and drop shooting.
Edited by Rayburn, 26 March 2009 - 10:53.

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 26 Mar 2009

Martyrdom was insane. It'd be ok if the grenade had like a 10 second timer, but as was it was pretty well a suicide bomber perk.

To begin with, Martyrdom should only be triggered if you haven't thrown both of your two grenades yet.
Edited by Rayburn, 26 March 2009 - 11:13.

Stinger's Photo Stinger 26 Mar 2009

Did I hear Daniel Craig?

I could've swore it was him speaking in that trailer...

Chyros's Photo Chyros 26 Mar 2009

The probability I will get MW2 is maximally huge in all dimensions :P .

Rayburn, on 26 Mar 2009, 12:41, said:

This just in: Perks ruined the game beyond repair

I just love how stupid these people are. Makes me appreciate the politeness and maturity of this place anytime.
I do agree with him that Stopping Power and Juggernaut, or any perks for that matter that modify base weapon damage, should be removed. There simply isn't a good reason to choose anything else, and they kill the game somewhat. Especially for snipers. If they pull that "ooh, you can't one-shot me, I'm a juggernaut!" bullshit again, I will be... annoyed.

Rayburn, on 26 Mar 2009, 12:52, said:

I never bothered playing anything other than hardcore mode because Juggernaut doesn't mean shite there.
The only thing that pisses me off is Martyr. Never used it myself but damn, it's so bloody cheap.

Actually, it'd be a great step forward if they just removed bunny hopping and drop shooting.
Martyrdom is one of the least effective 3rd perks in the game, actually. It's near-worthless except in some gametypes like domination or headquarters. The effect can be quite easily replicated by just grabbing a nade before you die, which I always do. Doesn't cost you your 3rd perk and still puts the heat on. I agree fully on the bunny hopping thing though, they make me wanna revive the Bunnies Must Die Foundation.

Of course Martyrdom isn't really 'effective'; it's more of the annoying variety because some people BELIEVE it's effective which results in many people using it which increases the risk of getting killed by it through some dumb error (Get out of my way, stupid teammate, there's a grena- *dead*). As for Stopping Power and Juggernaut, they don't mean much in HC mode because most weapons simply kill you in =<4 hits anyway, with or without it.
Edited by Rayburn, 26 March 2009 - 12:15.

TehKiller's Photo TehKiller 26 Mar 2009

ProMods are teh shitz...no dumbass Juggernauts or martys or some other crap....all you got is Extreme Condition and Stopping power (but it aint worth a thing as the weapon stats are all changed)

also it would be damn annoying if they made the AK74u the same way as they did now (fucking OPed...same goes with the P90)
Edited by TehKiller, 26 March 2009 - 12:17.

Soul's Photo Soul 26 Mar 2009

That teaser was pretty cool, can't wait to see more.

Rayburn, on 26 Mar 2009, 14:10, said:

Of course Martyrdom isn't really 'effective'; it's more of the annoying variety because some people BELIEVE it's effective which results in many people using it which increases the risk of getting killed by it through some dumb error (Get out of my way, stupid teammate, there's a grena- *dead*).
Yah, that's definitely true :P .

Rayburn, on 26 Mar 2009, 14:10, said:

As for Stopping Power and Juggernaut, they don't mean much in HC mode because most weapons simply kill you in =<4 hits anyway, with or without it.
True, but I wouldn't ever wanna play HC. Especially in CoD4 the HC balance is incredibly fucked up.

TehKiller, on 26 Mar 2009, 14:16, said:

ProMods are teh shitz...no dumbass Juggernauts or martys or some other crap....all you got is Extreme Condition and Stopping power (but it aint worth a thing as the weapon stats are all changed)
Wasn't ProMod all about the modified hit place modifiers? Legs don't hurt nowhere near as bad as chest etc? That could really be left behind IMO, only headshots and non-headshots was a good call from IW IMO.

TehKiller, on 26 Mar 2009, 14:16, said:

also it would be damn annoying if they made the AK74u the same way as they did now (fucking OPed...same goes with the P90)
AK74u >> P90 though. Though I agree they both could use a nerf.

The P90 was definately a bit overpowered. Not sure about the mini-AK, though but I may
be a bit biased since I loved using that thing with a silencer + Double Tap + Dead Silence.

One thing I definitely want to see in MW2 is an Uzi and I'm not talking about that pussy
micro-version, nooo, I'm talking about the REAL Uzi which is so much more iconic.
Edited by Rayburn, 26 March 2009 - 13:15.

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 26 Mar 2009

*adds game to upcoming game list*
I'll get this one, no doubt.

Rayburn, on 26 Mar 2009, 15:14, said:

Not sure about the mini-AK, though but I may
be a bit biased since I loved using that thing with a silencer + Double Tap + Dead Silence.
It was basically identical to the MP5 except it has less recoil and that only in vertical direction, and had full walling (like assault rifles and machine guns). It was bugged to lose accuracy when equipped with certain attachments, though.

Rayburn, on 26 Mar 2009, 15:14, said:

One thing I definitely want to see in MW2 is an Uzi and I'm not talking about that pussy
micro-version, nooo, I'm talking about the REAL Uzi which is so much more iconic.
The CoD4 one was indeed extremely bland, IMO. Until I modded it to fire at 1200 RPM 8| .
Edited by Chyros, 26 March 2009 - 17:13.

DerKrieger's Photo DerKrieger 26 Mar 2009

Nice!

This is a quite interesting read:
http://ps3.ign.com/a...6/966592p1.html

Apparently MW2 may be set in Brazil.
Note that the Russian voice over at the end of the trailer says "Revolution is impossible without a revolutionary situation."
Edited by DerKrieger, 26 March 2009 - 20:19.

Soul's Photo Soul 26 Mar 2009

DerKrieger, on 26 Mar 2009, 16:06, said:

Nice!

This is a quite interesting read:
http://ps3.ign.com/a...6/966592p1.html

Apparently MW2 may be set in Brazil.

Uh oh, better warn Overdose.

*hopes for tropical environments and stealthy jungle warfare*
Edited by Rayburn, 26 March 2009 - 20:22.

DerKrieger's Photo DerKrieger 26 Mar 2009

I'd think that Indonesia/the Philippines would be a better setting for a jungle, given the activity of groups like Abu Sayyaf, but Brazil is certainly new.