←  Other art

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Hierarchy of Hell

General's Photo General 13 Apr 2009

Posted Image

This is a new project I am starting now, which I decided long time ago.

This thread will only contain the concept arts related to creatures of hell realms, I'll design the creatures according to the images I've seen from old paintings and scriptures, such as Dante's Inferno and various religious scriptures aswell, some images entirely would be my own design, some of them will be inspired from old scriptures about demons' anatomy.

And I will give a small amount of information about demons, most of them would be make up by myself, but I will copy some informations from wikipedia or such aswell :read:

So I hope you look forward to it and add your comments and critiques 8|

Camille's Photo Camille 13 Apr 2009

sounds very interesting man, definitely something i'd do if i weren't such a lazy git :read:

Dauth's Photo Dauth 13 Apr 2009

Daemonic mythology, it has peaked my interest, I'd like to see what you can come up with.

Overdose's Photo Overdose 13 Apr 2009

This has actually inspired me to write something.

Ghostrider's Photo Ghostrider 13 Apr 2009

Hmm, maybe include the various forms of torture they perform on the people in each layer? This concept has always interested me. :read:

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 13 Apr 2009

Sounds very interesting, I shall definately be following this. Now all they need to do is release D3.

General's Photo General 13 Apr 2009

View PostGhostrider, on 13 Apr 2009, 17:53, said:

Hmm, maybe include the various forms of torture they perform on the people in each layer? This concept has always interested me. 8|

I actually wanted to do it, but if only admins here allow it, I may post them :read: as it would be a bit too extreme !

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 13 Apr 2009

Seven circles does Hell have, the lowest of which, is reserved for betrayers and mutineers.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 14 Apr 2009

View PostGeneral, on 13 Apr 2009, 17:33, said:

View PostGhostrider, on 13 Apr 2009, 17:53, said:

Hmm, maybe include the various forms of torture they perform on the people in each layer? This concept has always interested me. 8|

I actually wanted to do it, but if only admins here allow it, I may post them :read: as it would be a bit too extreme !

Feel free to run it past us via PM or MSN if you'd like General. Sure none of us would mind.

Looking forward to seeing this.

General's Photo General 14 Apr 2009

Ok I will 8| Here is the first update, critiques are most welcome since it is the first one :read:

Posted Image
Edited by General, 16 April 2009 - 16:27.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 14 Apr 2009

Dear God that is well drawn!

Mathias's Photo Mathias 14 Apr 2009

I love the quaint splash image you made. While you did mirror that drawing of the Lord of Flies, it's well done. I especially like how well you integrated his face with the body of the fly.

General's Photo General 15 Apr 2009

View PostWizard, on 14 Apr 2009, 15:26, said:

Dear God that is well drawn!

View PostMathias, on 14 Apr 2009, 16:21, said:

I love the quaint splash image you made. While you did mirror that drawing of the Lord of Flies, it's well done. I especially like how well you integrated his face with the body of the fly.

Thanks and yes, its a mirror, I didn't explain anything about it since it is too obvious :duh: I just draw the half of it and Photoshop do the rest :D

And here second dude :

Posted Image

I think I need to think something better about these fonts...
Edited by General, 15 April 2009 - 17:47.

Alias's Photo Alias 15 Apr 2009

Absolutely brilliant drawing wise, as always, General. :D
You do need a little bit of work on the formatting and layout though.
Edited by Alias, 15 April 2009 - 23:42.

Dauth's Photo Dauth 16 Apr 2009

Put the text in newspaper format and have another look at it, it might look better. Also since you're discussing daemons how about you try using a different font, something ancient and partially difficult to read. It will add tone.

SorataZ's Photo SorataZ 16 Apr 2009

Posted Image :sly:

General's Photo General 16 Apr 2009

That one looks difficult to read but good :sly: I'll definately do something different on next one :)

Very good decision :sly: Actually, I like Old English, it is a very nice style and although it is a bit complicated, it is not impossible to read.

Alias's Photo Alias 16 Apr 2009

Blackletter fonts are too cluttered for main body text.

Use Garamond, Helvetica (hurrr, hell) or something similar for the body, the blackletter is fine for headings.

I updated ( edited ) the Baalzebub one, if it looks good or not let me know :) ( Parchment found randomly on web :sly: )

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 16 Apr 2009

A gothic font might be good.

Question: Why are those demons you post so ugly (no offense, but they really are)?

View PostKamuiK, on 16 Apr 2009, 18:10, said:

Question: Why are those demons you post so ugly (no offense, but they really are)?

Because thats the point of it :sly: Both creature I draw ' have to be ugly ' , one is damned because he was boasting around with his beauty and told humans are ugly and another one ' intentionally created ' as ugly to give even worse terror and pain to his slaves in his realm ;)

Though I guarantee you, you will see ' cool looking ' ones aswell in time, not only random fleshes :) Story is too important in this project.

Also these all will be just a bit detailed sketches, if I decided to come up with fully completed piece of every creature, my lifespan will not be enough for that :) and my skills not enough to give much time aswell, in this project,I will both learn and attempt to create a project in my mind.
Edited by General, 16 April 2009 - 17:45.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 16 Apr 2009

View PostKamuiK, on 16 Apr 2009, 13:10, said:

I don't know about you, but I've never pictured demons as looking sleek or pretty.

Sure go, but I prefer demons (ok, a demonic fairy aka Pixie here) if they are like this: :sly:
Posted Image
Sponsored by MysTech and :)
Edited by KamuiK, 16 April 2009 - 17:58.