←  Philosopher's Corner

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Your Religion

Poll: Your Religion (97 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your Religion / Belief system?

1. Christian - Covers all churches (25 votes [25.51%])

Percentage of vote: 25.51%

2. Muslim (5 votes [5.10%])

Percentage of vote: 5.10%

3. Sikh (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Buddhism (3 votes [3.06%])

Percentage of vote: 3.06%

5. Judaism (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Other (15 votes [15.31%])

Percentage of vote: 15.31%

7. Agnostic (17 votes [17.35%])

Percentage of vote: 17.35%

8. Atheist (32 votes [32.65%])

Percentage of vote: 32.65%

9. Hinduism. (1 votes [1.02%])

Percentage of vote: 1.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 16 Apr 2009

This might be better warranted in the PC, but if the need arises a mod can move it. More will see it here though.

I was having an interesting discussion with an ES member today. So I have decided to see if he is right. I am aware your religion can be a very personal thing, so this is entirely optional. If you wish you can state how you voted, thats up to you. Never the less I am hoping it builds up an accurate portrait of the religious views here and may also prompt some interesting discussion. Sometimes religion can become entangled with politics, please refrain from posting any political content in this thread.

If you want a poll option added, just ask, and I will edit it in. I stuck with the main religions for conveinience.
Edited by Ion Cannon!, 06 May 2009 - 17:58.

Alias's Photo Alias 16 Apr 2009

Liberal Quaker with Buddhist, Hindu and Jain influences.

To be honest flat "Christian" is far too broad.

Overdose's Photo Overdose 16 Apr 2009

I grew up in a very religious family. Thankfully however I eventually managed to see the faults of that way of life and I'm agnostic now.

View PostAlias, on 16 Apr 2009, 2:48, said:

Liberal Quaker with Buddhist, Hindu and Jain influences.

There are about 50 denominations of christianity alone. I am not going to list them all.

WNxMastrefubu's Photo WNxMastrefubu 16 Apr 2009

... y no hinduism?

Good point, guess my brain isn't working on 100%. Option added. Also, is it such a burden to type "Why" instead of "y"?
Edited by Ion Cannon!, 16 April 2009 - 01:57.

BillyChaka's Photo BillyChaka 16 Apr 2009

I'm a Constructive Deist.
Edited by BillyChaka, 16 April 2009 - 01:58.

NergiZed's Photo NergiZed 16 Apr 2009

Agnostic, simply because you can't prove a negative. Though in my childhood, I was some odd mixture of Buddhist, Protestant, and a little bit of Taoism.
Edited by NergiZed, 16 April 2009 - 01:58.

Brad's Photo Brad 16 Apr 2009

I'm, from a number of influences, Agnostic, however, I also believe in the law of karma.

WNxMastrefubu's Photo WNxMastrefubu 16 Apr 2009

View PostIon Cannon!, on 15 Apr 2009, 21:56, said:

Good point, guess my brain isn't working on 100%. Option added. Also, is it such a burden to type "Why" instead of "y"?

yes it is. thanks for teh add regardless.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 16 Apr 2009

I was raised as a Maronite Christian though I was always well informed of Sunni Islam thanks to my mom. Now, I prefer not to label my beliefs though Deism is one clear train of thought I subscribe to.

Pandut's Photo Pandut 16 Apr 2009

I'm an Atheist.

I never really saw a point in religion :D

BillyChaka's Photo BillyChaka 16 Apr 2009

And uh... let's not forget to add Scientology to the list. *tries to hold in laughter*

Ghostrider's Photo Ghostrider 16 Apr 2009

I'm Roman Catholic. Yay for mass every Sunday! :D

Chyros's Photo Chyros 16 Apr 2009

I'm godless bastard to such a degree that I wasn't even christened. Definite atheist here.

View PostAlias, on 16 Apr 2009, 3:48, said:

Yeah, that's kinda true. That covers everything from catholicism to evangelism, mormonism and scientology.

E.V.E.'s Photo E.V.E. 16 Apr 2009

I see this pretty much like Sobek, and therefore voted " Atheist ".

- E.V.E.

D.K.'s Photo D.K. 16 Apr 2009

Christian Catholic - Come on, I was going in Jesuit elementary school, and now I'm in Salesian high school, there is no way I could be anything else, though I do know very well that many things cannot be proved, yet I believe in them since I've got my own reasons.

SorataZ's Photo SorataZ 16 Apr 2009

I do not believe in a common religion, they are just too old and unlogical. I believe in the things and entitys I want to believe in, best example are Guardian Angels. My writings are commonly about such things, especially Angel Quest has a broad palette of supernatural but still human alike beings. I also know there must be other races who are just as or even more intelligent than us, if needed they could count as supernatural as well. Else you could call me an Atheist.

Comr4de's Photo Comr4de 16 Apr 2009

Roman Catholic.

Dauth's Photo Dauth 16 Apr 2009

Atheist, though prone to Spagnosticism or Pastafarianism if people around me are suitably uneducated about it.

Mathias's Photo Mathias 16 Apr 2009

I was baptized, because everyone does that here in Norway. My parents are secular humanists, and I'm something like it.

Stinger's Photo Stinger 16 Apr 2009

Roman Catholic.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 16 Apr 2009

Consider me none of the above

CodeCat's Photo CodeCat 16 Apr 2009

Atheist here.