←  Warfare Technology

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Military Insanity

CommanderJB's Photo CommanderJB 23 May 2009

I happened to come across these rather remarkable pages when browsing away. They're a tad unreal. Or a lot unreal. And also totally hilarious - or would be if they weren't seriously intended to kill people.
Firstly, 7 WTF Military Weapons You Won't Believe They Actually Built
I really don't know I can pick a favourite.
Secondly, 7 Insane Military Attempts To Weaponise Animals
New Crazy Mod unit - Camel Bombs, anyone?!

Anyway, reactions or additions, please, post away!

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 23 May 2009

RUSSIAN SCIENCE!

Waris's Photo Waris 23 May 2009

I don't see much wrong with the RR Vespa. Think of it as a gun carriage with an onboard motor. Aiming might be a little bitch though, even when stationary.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 23 May 2009

View PostWaris, on 23 May 2009, 2:52, said:

I don't see much wrong with the RR Vespa. Think of it as a gun carriage with an onboard motor. Aiming might be a little bitch though, even when stationary.

Do you really want your privates on top of that cannon? Also that would make an excellent Crazy Mod unit for the GLA.

Destiny's Photo Destiny 23 May 2009

Don't we already know most of these, like the Screw and Tsar tanks? :sly: The jetcopter one was kinda funny, the concept art.

Rai's Photo Rai 23 May 2009

I heard of animals being used in spying missions, but I never heard of animals acting like terrorists. It would be great if they tried to strap a recorder to the animal saying "FOR THE CAUSE!" over and over again. Anyways the Corkscrew tank is kinda look like a giant drill being used in mines.

Alias's Photo Alias 23 May 2009

Random fact: the Russian Mishka was based off the corkscrew tank.

tank50us's Photo tank50us 23 May 2009

http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-rea...like-pussy.html

Go there for some interesting MOH worthy stories. When I did WW2 Reinacting, some of the guys stated that I looked like Audie Murphy! (in a WW2 US uniform)

CommanderJB's Photo CommanderJB 23 May 2009

Probably best taken here.

Waris's Photo Waris 23 May 2009

View PostScope, on 23 May 2009, 16:33, said:

View PostWaris, on 23 May 2009, 2:52, said:

Do you really want your privates on top of that cannon? Also that would make an excellent Crazy Mod unit for the GLA.

Who said you absolutely, positively have to fire on the move?

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 23 May 2009

I freaking love that site, they have tones of articles like that.

JJ's Photo JJ 23 May 2009

That site made me spend more than an hour reading various articles. :o

It's like Wikipedia, only more immersive. o:
Edited by JJ, 23 May 2009 - 16:06.

Sicarius's Photo Sicarius 26 May 2009

Posted Image
Posted Image

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 26 May 2009

? gunship?

CommanderJB's Photo CommanderJB 26 May 2009

It's a Tu-2 with its bomb bay filled chock-a-block with PPSh SMGs. They were remotely triggered in sequence, and it was designed to produce a 'hail of lead' that would massacre Nazi troop concentrations.
Unsurprisingly it never worked very well and they didn't catch on.

TehKiller's Photo TehKiller 26 May 2009

Well if it flied way low it could actually make some damage...but then again try flying a bomber that low

Rayburn's Photo Rayburn 26 May 2009

Soviet Metal Storm, eh?

Brad's Photo Brad 26 May 2009

Some of those ideas made me lol I must admit, and the site is very addicting too, I spent about 30mins on it until I realised I had stuff to do :rolleyes:

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 27 May 2009

anyone realise that the russians are incredibly stereotypical in weapon technologies?

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 27 May 2009

View PostAZZKIKR, on 27 May 2009, 2:01, said:

anyone realise that the russians are incredibly stereotypical in weapon technologies?

The stereotypes had to come out of somewhere you know.

Ghostrider's Photo Ghostrider 27 May 2009

I lol'd hard at the plane that would "shit" other planes out (airborne aircraft carrier)... what a crazy idea! :pnd:

WNxMastrefubu's Photo WNxMastrefubu 27 May 2009

View PostGhostrider, on 27 May 2009, 11:02, said:

I lol'd hard at the plane that would "shit" other planes out (airborne aircraft carrier)... what a crazy idea! :pnd:

reminds me of "sky captian and the world of tommorow" with the bilmp that carried all the planes

The Wandering Jew's Photo The Wandering Jew 28 May 2009

I saw the pics and it made me think that they were technology demonstrators, like what happened to the MiG 1.44 Project and Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut.

But I have to admit that those pics gave me the luls. :pnd: