←  Serial Spammers

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Not back from the dead.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 15 Jul 2009

Frankly going a bit off topic never hurts too much. If we strove to keep every single topic inline, then nothing would be fun anymore. When someone goes off-topic, it creates the potential for a newer thread. Also it is up to the moderators to decide how spammy a topic must get before getting locked. That thread you pointed out was becoming a serial topic and thats why it was locked alongside the fact it could have possibly disappointed topic creators.

Alias's Photo Alias 15 Jul 2009

View PostScope, on 16 Jul 2009, 1:16, said:

Frankly going a bit off topic never hurts too much. If we strove to keep every single topic inline, then nothing would be fun anymore. When someone goes off-topic, it creates the potential for a newer thread. Also it is up to the moderators to decide how spammy a topic must get before getting locked. That thread you pointed out was becoming a serial topic and thats why it was locked alongside the fact it could have possibly disappointed topic creators.
I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time I want to change a thread topic, since you all approve of it so much. If you are all so for thread hijacking, why is it still against the rules? Better change that. Just because you're a moderator doesn't mean your above the law. Triggering the change from the original subject is as much against the rules for you as it is for us. If it was a serial topic, why wasn't it moved to serial spammers? If you locked something every single time somebody got disappointed, these forums would have even less activity than the mere amount they have.
Edited by Alias, 15 July 2009 - 15:28.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 15 Jul 2009

Oh ffs. Get out more

Then you can have your own "back from teh dead" topic.
Edited by Wizard, 15 July 2009 - 15:29.

Alias's Photo Alias 15 Jul 2009

Yes, because there's something to do outside the house at 0130 on a Wednesday.

View PostAlias, on 15 Jul 2009, 18:28, said:

View PostScope, on 16 Jul 2009, 1:16, said:

I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time I want to change a thread topic, since you all approve of it so much. If you are all so for thread hijacking, why is it still against the rules? Better change that. Just because you're a moderator doesn't mean your above the law. Triggering the change from the original subject is as much against the rules for you as it is for us. If it was a serial topic, why wasn't it moved to serial spammers? If you locked something every single time somebody got disappointed, these forums would have even less activity than the mere amount they have.

I never mentioned that a moderator has to shift the topic away. And I don't say/think I'm above the law. I just think too much rigidity leads to a less pleasant experience overall. Also the rules needn't be followed literally either. I find it allows for a better avoidance of misunderstandings if mods like me make mistakes etc..

Nid's Photo Nid 15 Jul 2009

I smell :P sometime soon.

CJ's Photo CJ 15 Jul 2009

View PostNidmeister, on 15 Jul 2009, 16:44, said:

Indeed, and it would be a shame to have a funny topic locked because of some lack of humor '_'

If I killed this topic, does that mean it would be able to come back from the dead?

Libains's Photo Libains 15 Jul 2009

View PostCommander Carl, on 15 Jul 2009, 16:46, said:

View PostNidmeister, on 15 Jul 2009, 16:44, said:

Indeed, and it would be a shame to have a funny topic locked because of some lack of humor '_'

The good men make a good set of points. I do not want to lock this topic as as I have previously said, it could go somewhere.

Alias, if you have further Questions/Feedback/Suggestions that you should wish to share, you know where to go. Everybody, back on course please, and I will not ask again.

Now, where did I put that copy of Back from the Dead: Episode One?

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 15 Jul 2009

View PostAlias, on 15 Jul 2009, 16:31, said:

You should try living in london :P

View PostPav3d, on 15 Jul 2009, 16:51, said:

View PostAlias, on 15 Jul 2009, 16:31, said:

You should try living in london :P

To be fair, if I killed London off, would we get the entire population of London on the forums?

I'm too active to notice anyone from London.

View PostNidmeister, on 15 Jul 2009, 16:55, said:

Tbh, I don't notice anyone from Lebanon for some reason... all I hear are mutterings

View PostAJ, on 15 Jul 2009, 18:57, said:

Tbh, I don't notice anyone from Lebanon for some reason... all I hear are mutterings

:P what is that supposed to mean?

View PostScope, on 15 Jul 2009, 17:02, said:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm sorry, I didn't quite hear that. :P

Futschki's Photo Futschki 15 Jul 2009

What ? huh ?

CJ's Photo CJ 15 Jul 2009

Oh btw, did anyone notice I was also back from the dead ? D:

I didint even know you existed before now.

I'm back from the dead too :3

View PostAbourror, on 15 Jul 2009, 17:16, said:

I'm back from the dead too :3

Well Done

View PostNidmeister, on 15 Jul 2009, 17:11, said:

I didint even know you existed before now.

Apparently we have a radiohead junkie on the forums too... how peculiar.

Should I create a topic about it ??

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 15 Jul 2009

View PostAJ, on 15 Jul 2009, 17:05, said:

View PostScope, on 15 Jul 2009, 17:02, said:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm sorry, I didn't quite hear that. :P

:P

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 15 Jul 2009

View PostAJ, on 15 Jul 2009, 7:54, said:

There's irony, then there is ironing.

And then there's extreme ironing.

Posted Image

Also: I wasn't aware we HAD to stay on topic in SYD. :P I guess the internet is serious business :P

View PostAbourror, on 15 Jul 2009, 17:21, said:

Should I create a topic about it ??

It depends on how much of an attention seeker you are.