←  Technology and Science

Fallout Studios Forums

»

My mouse

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 10 Sep 2009

Ok here the problem the left click button on my mouse is refusing to work properly so is it fixable like cleaning the inside of it or do i need to get off my lazy arse and get a new one?

deltaepsilon's Photo deltaepsilon 10 Sep 2009

Looks like your mouse has had a major fuckup.

How long have you had the mouse for? Might not be worth the effort attempting to clean or fix it, you can probably pick up a decent mouse for a good price these days.

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 11 Sep 2009

yer i pulled the apart to see whats the problem and i cant get it back to gether again so i chucked it and im still with out a mouse :P

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 11 Sep 2009

Just buy a new one, a basic optical mouse is less than a tenner.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 11 Sep 2009

Yep even the cheapest work just aswell

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 11 Sep 2009

Even a decent upgarde mouse won't cost more than $30 I'd say (US here) and wireless mice in case you care would probably be $50.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 11 Sep 2009

My sidewinder cost about £30 and that is literally the pupppies gonads

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 13 Sep 2009

man i have been searching and a basic 2 button lazer mouse is around 36 bucks what a rip off

HotSoup's Photo HotSoup 15 Sep 2009

Use Newegg, silly. Mx518 from Logitech or Microsoft's Sidewinder series are excellent choices.

Mx518: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...8&Tpk=mx518

Assorted sidewinders: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....tion=sidewinder

Lowest Sidewinder goes for $32. Mx518 goes for $40. Highest grade Sidewinder goes for about $80. Believe my, whatever one you buy, worth it. Won't break on you unless you abuse it proper, and plenty of nice functions/drivers.

Or you can just get a cheapo $5 used optical from any local comp shop. Your choice.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 15 Sep 2009

Now Newegg down south unfortunately.

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 15 Sep 2009

well i have been trying to find a 5 buck cheapo but i will look into the Microsoft's Sidewinders i head they are dam good

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 18 Sep 2009

An update on my mouse situation:

I have not ben able to find i mouse that i like for the price as of yet and in the meantime i am borrowing my dad's spare mouse which is kick ass really its a nice simple mouse with to side buttons to to backwards and forwards on web pages without clickin on the browser

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 18 Sep 2009

Since you have a job now, save up a little and get a Sidewinder or Logitech(pricey but their wireless is excellent) or Razer(sometimes overkill).