←  Ideas and Suggestions

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Fly Swatter

Dr. Strangelove's Photo Dr. Strangelove 15 Sep 2009

A truck is installed with a TALL flyswatter which causes aircraft to die when they crash into it.

Kris's Photo Kris 15 Sep 2009

^^ :D
As the quad cannon always say:
"Pesky insects!"

8|

Destiny's Photo Destiny 15 Sep 2009

View PostDr. Strangelove, on 15 Sep 2009, 10:30, said:

A truck is installed with a TALL flyswatter which causes aircraft to die when they crash into it.

Don't you mean when aircraft get SWATTED by it?

View PostDestiny, on 15 Sep 2009, 6:20, said:

I suppose. The original idea was just something so tall aircraft would crash into it.

View PostDr. Strangelove, on 15 Sep 2009, 13:32, said:

I suppose. The original idea was just something so tall aircraft would crash into it.

Like a solid cloud or something? :D

View PostDestiny, on 15 Sep 2009, 6:41, said:

Or a billboard.

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 15 Sep 2009

View PostDr. Strangelove, on 15 Sep 2009, 8:11, said:

Or a billboard.

oooooh quote spam!
but a swatter would rule, a billboard would to. like base defence, so it must be build by a dozer

View Postsu8perkillr, on 15 Sep 2009, 22:09, said:

Like a solid cloud or something? 8|

Or a billboard.

oooooh quote spam!
but a swatter would rule, a billboard would to. like base defence, so it must be build by a dozer

Ya know it sounds nice...a somewhat long billboard attached to a base defence...when enemy aircraft flies into range the billboard goes from 0 degrees to 180 and slamming on the other side of the base defence...while the enemy aircraft is seen dropping outta the sky. If this was allowed to hit ground stuff a Bunker Buster-esque effect would be funny, seeing them units fly away :D

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 15 Sep 2009

View PostDestiny, on 15 Sep 2009, 16:21, said:

Like a solid cloud or something? 8|

Or a billboard.

oooooh quote spam!

Ya know it sounds nice...a somewhat long billboard attached to a base defence...when enemy aircraft flies into range the billboard goes from 0 degrees to 180 and slamming on the other side of the base defence...while the enemy aircraft is seen dropping outta the sky. If this was allowed to hit ground stuff a Bunker Buster-esque effect would be funny, seeing them units fly away :D

hmm... what about a huge billboard that launches planes into the enemies base?

Jordan's Photo Jordan 16 Sep 2009

View Postsu8perkillr, on 15 Sep 2009, 13:29, said:

Like a solid cloud or something? :read:

Or a billboard.

oooooh quote spam!

I highly doubt a melee anti-aircraft defense would EVER work. Melee versus ground is one thing, as they are both on the same level, but from the ground to the sky is a completely different issue. And because the range would not be that long, planes could just shoot it outside its range, completely making it useless.

Not sure really.

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 17 Sep 2009

View PostJordan, on 17 Sep 2009, 1:05, said:

View Postsu8perkillr, on 15 Sep 2009, 13:29, said:

Like a solid cloud or something? :read:

Or a billboard.

oooooh quote spam!

I highly doubt a melee anti-aircraft defense would EVER work. Melee versus ground is one thing, as they are both on the same level, but from the ground to the sky is a completely different issue. And because the range would not be that long, planes could just shoot it outside its range, completely making it useless.

Not sure really.

and a billboard stretching back and catapulting an aurora/raptor over a range and making it shoot as some kind of arty? the plane should be destroyed to.

CodeCat's Photo CodeCat 17 Sep 2009

Make it upgradeable into a catapult, which gives long-range capability.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 17 Sep 2009

The idea is quite meh. Doesn't seem very useful. Maybe a fly swatter flinger? Even then i can't see this getting into the mod.

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 17 Sep 2009

who stopped the quote war!?! why not a plane flinger that looks like a billboard... why?

Zeke's Photo Zeke 19 Apr 2010

Sorry to revive an old topic but I have a few things to add:

First a pic:

http://www.moddb.com/groups/anti-air-lover...atter1#imagebox

Idea 1: Make it like the flying demo trap from shockwave, make it as tall as an aircraft's ideal height and make it stealth. Perfect for those pesky auroras.

Idea 2: Make it like a speaker tower, demoralizing enemy aircraft within a wide radius.

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 27 Apr 2010

View PostZeke, on 19 Apr 2010, 6:50, said:

Sorry to revive an old topic but I have a few things to add:

First a pic:

http://www.moddb.com/groups/anti-air-lover...atter1#imagebox

Idea 1: Make it like the flying demo trap from shockwave, make it as tall as an aircraft's ideal height and make it stealth. Perfect for those pesky auroras.

Idea 2: Make it like a speaker tower, demoralizing enemy aircraft within a wide radius.

About the pic: That is a fake tree that cleans the air. I read about it in some scientific magazine.

Genrail's Photo Genrail 28 Apr 2010

what about a missile with the head of a flyswatter instead of a explosive tip....???

HHKelevra's Photo HHKelevra 02 May 2010

I think I found something in Zeke's link that fits the crazy AA role a bit closer:

http://www.moddb.com/groups/anti-air-lover...efence#imagebox