←  Ideas and Suggestions

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Gattling tanks

Rich19's Photo Rich19 15 Sep 2009

I dunno if you have anything planned for gatt tanks yet or not, but if you don't then here's something. Instead of having the gattling gun spin and the tank stationary, what about keeping the gun stationary and having the tank spin around the gun?

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 15 Sep 2009

If this idea is possible, then I support it.

Zeke's Photo Zeke 15 Sep 2009

It is very possible :D

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 15 Sep 2009

+1 support... +a ROFL

Libains's Photo Libains 15 Sep 2009

Certainly supported. Nice idea Rich :D

Destiny's Photo Destiny 15 Sep 2009

I support this idea, although...does the barrel float in the air while the tank spins like a standing fan's blades, or does the tank spin around the barrel like a ceiling fan's blades? :D

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 15 Sep 2009

Astronomical epic win.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 15 Sep 2009

Minor hijack, but is it possible for the gattling tanks weapon to make an enemy spin in place? Also major support for this ideer.

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 15 Sep 2009

View PostDestiny, on 15 Sep 2009, 10:16, said:

I support this idea, although...does the barrel float in the air while the tank spins like a standing fan's blades, or does the tank spin around the barrel like a ceiling fan's blades? :D

A key question indeed. Initially when I envisioned Rich's idea, I thought the chassis of the tank would rotate around the gun a la plane propeller, though, at some angles (like when the gat cannon is pointing near verticle), it would make more sense for the tank to spin like a ceiling fan.

Rich19's Photo Rich19 17 Sep 2009

View PostWarboss Nooka, on 15 Sep 2009, 18:13, said:

View PostDestiny, on 15 Sep 2009, 10:16, said:

I support this idea, although...does the barrel float in the air while the tank spins like a standing fan's blades, or does the tank spin around the barrel like a ceiling fan's blades? :sly:

A key question indeed. Initially when I envisioned Rich's idea, I thought the chassis of the tank would rotate around the gun a la plane propeller, though, at some angles (like when the gat cannon is pointing near verticle), it would make more sense for the tank to spin like a ceiling fan.

That's how I imagined it too.

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 18 Sep 2009

so is it like this?

Posted Image
Edited by AZZKIKR, 18 September 2009 - 13:10.

Kris's Photo Kris 18 Sep 2009

Nah, lets make the gun float while the chassis spin :sly:

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 18 Sep 2009

yea... just the gun base is to small to notice. the whole tank would be lotsa better

Wizard's Photo Wizard 18 Sep 2009

Tbh it would be better if you could make the chasis spin on it's vertical axis, not horizontal as that would just be weird.

Brad's Photo Brad 18 Sep 2009

Most epic idea.
And I just thought it would be the tank chassis rotating around the turret while the turret just stays still.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 18 Sep 2009

View PostBrad, on 18 Sep 2009, 17:09, said:

Most epic idea.
And I just thought it would be the tank chassis rotating around the turret while the turret just stays still.

=

View PostWizard, on 18 Sep 2009, 17:02, said:

Tbh it would be better if you could make the chasis spin on it's vertical axis, not horizontal as that would just be weird.

??????

Brad's Photo Brad 18 Sep 2009

View PostWizard, on 18 Sep 2009, 17:17, said:

View PostBrad, on 18 Sep 2009, 17:09, said:

Most epic idea.

=

View PostWizard, on 18 Sep 2009, 17:02, said:

??????

Mabye I didn't see your post.