←  Ideas and Suggestions

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Upgrade for the Rebels.

Kris's Photo Kris 18 Sep 2009

Shoe Grenades! Give the rebels the ability to throw explosive SHOES at those chinese and american infedels :sly: !

^^ 8| !
Edited by Yayo01, 19 September 2009 - 00:49.

CJ's Photo CJ 18 Sep 2009

Yeah, well add also a matrix dodge for the US soldiers, they certainly had the same training as a certain president :sly:

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 18 Sep 2009

Obviously this is a political suggestion so I doubt it'll be implemented.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 18 Sep 2009

Somehow its not that political. I mean it's common knowledge that throwing shoes is an insult in Arab culture. It's up to Jordan to decide.

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 18 Sep 2009

hmm might be fun... well... political = no go right? D;
edit: quote to Jordan:

No references to political issues, or political figures in this mod.

Edited by su8perkillr, 18 September 2009 - 11:45.

Oh common, screw the political side for once; Besides, this upgrade is only for fun anyway. 8|

...If political references is not allowed then lets ban Zero Hour altogether then...Since it has LOTS of real life political references anyway. Infact, Bush got referenced by EA themselfs :sly:.
Edited by Yayo01, 18 September 2009 - 13:08.

CJ's Photo CJ 18 Sep 2009

View PostYayo01, on 18 Sep 2009, 13:56, said:

Oh common, screw the political side for once; Besides, this upgrade is only for fun anyway. 8|

...If political references is not allowed then lets ban Zero Hour altogether then...Since it has LOTS of real life political references anyway. Infact, Bush got referenced by EA themselfs :sly:.

Yeah the intro movie of vGenerals is just a mix of politicians even if they're not displayed entirely. And let's not even talk about the first mission in Baghdad...

hmm that will probably be the main reason why most modders remove the vid...

Zeke's Photo Zeke 18 Sep 2009

View Postsu8perkillr, on 18 Sep 2009, 22:22, said:

hmm that will probably be the main reason why most modders remove the vid...

uuh no...

the main reasons why most modders remove the vid is:

1. It becomes a hassle to press escape everytime you play.
2. The logo in the intro is different from the logo of the mod.
3. Units shown on the intro is different from the ones in the mod.

whatever... i think Jordan would simply trash this idea because of no go ideas

Jordan's Photo Jordan 18 Sep 2009

Ehh, I think I may have been a bit over the top with some of the things on the No Go Ideas list. The strictness of the No Go Ideas list was mainly because people were suggesting things such as George Bush as units for the Crazy Mod, or suggesting really perverted or creepy ideas that I don't want to mention, and I wanted it to stop. Browse through some of the earlier pages of suggestions, and you'll know what I mean.

I actually like this idea. Explosive shoes could have fuses sticking out of them, and they are lit and thrown. It would give the Rebel a special ability it needs, as Rangers have an ability of their own. I may add the bayonet to the Red Guard too if needed.

It isn't really all that political, but the subtle reference to the event would give it an added humor value to those in the know.

-Jordan

View PostJordan, on 19 Sep 2009, 6:32, said:

Ehh, I think I may have been a bit over the top with some of the things on the No Go Ideas list. The strictness of the No Go Ideas list was mainly because people were suggesting things such as George Bush as units for the Crazy Mod, or suggesting really perverted or creepy ideas that I don't want to mention, and I wanted it to stop. Browse through some of the earlier pages of suggestions, and you'll know what I mean.
Ugghh...Don't remind me :sly: 8|

View PostJordan, on 19 Sep 2009, 6:32, said:

I actually like this idea. Explosive shoes could have fuses sticking out of them, and they are lit and thrown. It would give the Rebel a special ability it needs, as Rangers have an ability of their own. I may add the bayonet to the Red Guard too if needed.

It isn't really all that political, but the subtle reference to the event would give it an added humor value to those in the know.

-Jordan

That's the spirit, glad you liked the idea! :sly: ! The shoe grenades would fit the GLA anyway :sly:

On a side note: Can i put back the video? Since it was not for political reasons anyway, it was for fun only.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 18 Sep 2009

Yes, you may.

Kris's Photo Kris 19 Sep 2009

Thanks for re-allowing me to put the video up :sly:
Edited by Yayo01, 19 September 2009 - 00:26.

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 19 Sep 2009

well... i think then they might rock. however, the shoes should be big. or else.. u know, it would be small. rly small

CodeCat's Photo CodeCat 19 Sep 2009

It should really be the workers that get to throw shoes. After all, they already have an upgrade for them.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 19 Sep 2009

View PostCodeCat, on 19 Sep 2009, 22:35, said:

It should really be the workers that get to throw shoes. After all, they already have an upgrade for them.

Or the worker shoe upgrade could give the rebels explosive shoes, you would just need to add it into the worker shoe upgrade text.

Jazzie Spurs's Photo Jazzie Spurs 19 Sep 2009

Shoes for every one, with a stinky smell :P

Whitey's Photo Whitey 19 Sep 2009

Why explosive?

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 20 Sep 2009

im in for worker explosive shoe upgrade, since the guy throwing his shoes at bush wasnt a rebel but a worker/peasant

Kris's Photo Kris 20 Sep 2009

View PostBoidy, on 20 Sep 2009, 5:51, said:

Why explosive?

Make shift hand grenades :P