←  Philosopher's Corner

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Quote Compendium

Libains's Photo Libains 18 Oct 2009

Just thought I'd start up a good selection of quotes, it's one of the things that I like looking around for, so thought it'd be nice to provide them to others too. If you want to add any, please feel free to suggest :P

General:
"Work like you don’t need money, love like you’ve never been hurt, and dance like no one’s watching "

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn’t."

"Our pleasures are shallow, our sorrows deep."

"If it is to be, it is up to me."

"Engage brain before mouth"

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

"If something's worth doing, it's worth doing right."

"You have two ears and one mouth. Therefore you should listen twice as often as you speak."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." - Ghandi

"Chivalry has never tasted death. Only in the mouths of fools has it seen the door."

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part."

"Of all the people to survive, he's not the one you would have chosen, is it? But if you could choose, Doctor, if you could decide who lives and who dies... that would make you a monster."

Love:
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

"Love is a word, what matters is the connection that word implies."

Comedy:
"When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty."

"Laughing at our mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else’s can shorten it."

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it."

"It's dead easy to die, it's the keeping on living that's hard"

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without having to hold on."

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." ~ George Best
Edited by AJ, 23 October 2009 - 14:04.
Reason for edit:: Added some moar

Warbz's Photo Warbz 18 Oct 2009

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it."

"Our pleasures are shallow, our sorrows deep."

Ghostrider's Photo Ghostrider 18 Oct 2009

AJ, on 18 Oct 2009, 14:05, said:

"When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty."

^^ So true, thankfully I got out of jury duty over the summer.

Here's a motto my dad gave me when I was 12 years old, the 10 most powerful two letter words in the english language:

"If it is to be, it is up to me."

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 18 Oct 2009

"Engage brain before mouth"

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 18 Oct 2009

"You gotta shoot'em in the head."

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

Alan Kay

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 18 Oct 2009

"If something's worth doing, it's worth doing right."

"You have two ears and one mouth. Therefore you should listen twice as often as you speak."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." - Ghandi

A quote of my own:

"Chivalry has never tasted death. Only in the mouths of fools has it seen the door."

NOPE's Photo NOPE 19 Oct 2009

two of my favorites.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part." - William Somerset (Morgan Freeman), "Se7en" (this is in my profile)

"Of all the people to survive, he's not the one you would have chosen, is it? But if you could choose, Doctor, if you could decide who lives and who dies... that would make you a monster." - Mr. Copper, "Voyage of the Damned", Doctor Who (Season 4)

I felt like the ones posted here so far were too well known.. wanted to post something more obscure
both of the above quotes mean a lot to me, though.

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 20 Oct 2009

"Why do it just right when you can really kill it" can't remember where i heard that
"It's dead easy to die, it's the keeping on living that's hard" Douglas Mawson
"Fair shake of the sauce bottle" Kevin Rudd
And a quote of my own "If your pissed and you can get out of my cruiser with out stacking it, your not pissed enough"

Rich19's Photo Rich19 20 Oct 2009

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without having to hold on." ~ Can't remember who said that.

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." ~ George Best

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 23 Oct 2009

"I have to kill fast! And bullets to slow!" John Freeman.

Okay serious now.

"I aimed at the public's heart, and by accident I hit it in the stomach." -Upton Sinclair. About his book "The Jungle"

"Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies" Voltaire, to a priest at his deathbed, who asked him to renounce the Devil, even as a christian, I consider that a freaking brilliant line.

Also, all the following lines
Edited by SquigPie, 23 October 2009 - 19:04.

General's Photo General 23 Oct 2009

'' Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship '' - Buddha

this quote is one of the rarest quotes I completely agree and remember often, it really explains what you need to do to be happy in your whole life ; short, clear and simple.

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 25 Oct 2009

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you, weep, and you weep alone".

Jok3r's Photo Jok3r 25 Oct 2009

Ammo is cheap, life is expensive: if it's worth shooting, it's worth shooting twice.

(And now for some real ones)

Any society that would give up a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and will lose both.
-Ben Franklin

One of the things you learn in life, is that theres really only one thing really worth having, and that's love. Well, by the same token, there's really only one thing worth fighting for, and that's justice.

Real revolution begins at learning; if you're not pissed off, you're not paying attention.
-Tim McIlrath

There's no such thing as "being surrounded". There are just times when you have the option to attack in any direction you choose!