←  Anime

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Finished Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann yesterday

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 23 Nov 2009

The pure beauty, the manliness, the awesomeness, the...Just...God!

The rest of my day I was just walking around humming "Row Row, Fight the Power!" and thinking about how extremely cool and massive TTGL (the mecha) was.

Best show ever. I think I'm in love with it!

Now I understand why TvTropes is so obsessed with it!
Edited by SquigPie, 23 November 2009 - 19:42.

Lizzie's Photo Lizzie 28 Nov 2009

Just TVtropes? Try the majority of the internet as a whole.

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 29 Nov 2009

Now watch Gaogaigar.

deltaepsilon's Photo deltaepsilon 09 Dec 2009

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 18 Jan 2010

Posted Image

KING KITTAN IS STILL HERE!

Overdose's Photo Overdose 19 Jan 2010

Tetsujin 28!

ΓΛPTΘΓ's Photo ΓΛPTΘΓ 19 Jan 2010

View PostOverdose, on 19 Jan 2010, 0:20, said:

Tetsujin 28!

Hey, you are no Nem!? :sly:

Epic anime though.

Comr4de's Photo Comr4de 19 Jan 2010

Good, now spread it like wildfire. It's too epic.

Yami's Photo Yami 30 Jan 2010

This is a Epic Anime .... I still gotta watch the movie

Alias's Photo Alias 18 Apr 2010

So I finally got around to watching (and finishing in two days...) this after RaiDK got me into Heroman, and MAN. I'm completely punching myself over why I did not watch this 3 years ago when Mathias first posted about it here. I'd advise you not to read the spoilers unless you've seen it, as I'm lucky being someone who completely forgot all spoilers they were previously told and was exposed to the full awesome without anything spoiled.

I swear my virility has increased by a multiple of a thousand. I mean honestly. This is just SO manly there is nothing even close.

When life gives you lemons, you
Spoiler
because you are just that awesome.

When I thought it couldn't get more awesome than the
Spoiler
they go ahead and
Spoiler
. And when I thought that couldn't get more awesome, they
Spoiler

Honestly, if you are male and have any interest of remaining male, there is no reason for you NOT to watch this. It is honestly one of the best shows I've seen, and I'm pretty negative against anime but Gurren Lagann is just so ridiculous there is no way NOT to like it.

All of the all caps in this post are required.
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?

Posted Image
Edited by Alias, 18 April 2010 - 09:09.

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 18 Apr 2010

Sadly there's nowhere to go after Gurren Lagann. No other show comes close in terms of scale.

Zero's Photo Zero 21 Sep 2010

View PostRaiDK, on 18 Apr 2010, 10:05, said:

Sadly there's nowhere to go after Gurren Lagann. No other show comes close in terms of scale.

Somebody hasn't seen very much Super Robot :hurr

Mazinkaizer. Or Mazinger Hen. Or GGG. Or Gunbuster+Diebuster.

Alias's Photo Alias 21 Sep 2010

View PostZero, on 21 Sep 2010, 11:27, said:

RaiDK has probably seen more mecha than you, as have I, quite likely.

I personally classify Shin Mazinger more awesome than Gurren Lagann, but the scale of Gurren Lagann is ridiculous compared to other shows.

View PostAlias, on 21 Sep 2010, 2:32, said:

RaiDK has probably seen more mecha than you, as have I, quite likely.

I personally classify Shin Mazinger more awesome than Gurren Lagann, but the scale of Gurren Lagann is ridiculous compared to other shows.

It was quite obviously a joke, Alias.

And true, nothing compares to TTGL in terms of sheer scale...except Demonbane...but Demon Bane is just goddamn ridiculous....

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 21 Sep 2010

The Super Robot Chogokin Mazingers and my Revoltech collection would say otherwise... I pretty much exclusively watch Super Robot.

And yeah, TTGL is easily the pinnacle of Super Robot in my eyes as far as Super Robot is concerned. That being said I'd easily recommend Shin Mazinger / Giant Robo / G Gundam / Tetsujin-28, they're all close seconds in my books.

And don't get me started on Die/Gunbuster: I hated both, despite how awesome Gunbuster/Dix-Neuf are. Also since I feel like going out on a whimsical note, you now have Grooving Magic stuck in your head. AH AH AH AH.

Also HURR GETTER EMPEROR IS THE STRONGEST. But yeah, when you get to power levels measured as 'infinity' it's sort of hard to gauge who would win.
Edited by RaiDK, 21 September 2010 - 01:54.

View PostRaiDK, on 21 Sep 2010, 2:52, said:

The Super Robot Chogokin Mazingers and my Revoltech collection would say otherwise... I pretty much exclusively watch Super Robot.

As I've already said, it was a joke....

And yeah, TTGL is easily the pinnacle of Super Robot in my eyes as far as Super Robot is concerned. That being said I'd easily recommend Shin Mazinger / Giant Robo / G Gundam / Tetsujin-28, they're all close seconds in my books.

What??? TTGL was a shoutout to all that is great in SR, but I wouldn't call it the best SR ever.

And don't get me started on Die/Gunbuster: I hated both, despite how awesome Gunbuster/Dix-Neuf are.

Egasp!!! BLASMPHEMY!!!

Also HURR GETTER EMPEROR IS THE STRONGEST. But yeah, when you get to power levels measured as 'infinity' it's sort of hard to gauge who would win.

Demobane>>>>>>>>Getter Emperor :LOS

GuardianTempest's Photo GuardianTempest 21 Sep 2010

Think that's bad, try the two movies!!

Gurren-hen: Rainbow-colored finishing dakka

Lagann-hen:
Spoiler

The movies were terrible. Pacing was sloppy as anything: We had whole sections from the series left unchanged, really good bits changed for no good reason and really important bits rushed through. The final fight went from 'awesome' to 'Seriously, can you pad this out any more?"

That being said, Tengen Toppa Enkidura was awesome even if it did make no sense since Viral didn't have any spiral power of his own according to the series' own lore.

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 21 Sep 2010

Y'all a bunch of weeaboos! :trollface:

Says the thread starter 8|

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 21 Sep 2010

Oh SHI-

Mah sekret haz been disgoverd!

vi wihl meht agin!

RaiDK