←  First Person Shooters

Fallout Studios Forums

»

TF2 Update Thread

Soul's Photo Soul 24 Jun 2011

Me and Hobbesy played abit last night, but it DC'd on me. Was still fun, thanks again for the stuff Hobbesy |8.

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 24 Jun 2011

I'm not entirely sure if TF2 Free-to-play makes me happy or worried |8

MR.Kim's Photo MR.Kim 24 Jun 2011

Here FAQ about free to play:
http://www.teamfortr...etoplay/faq.php

Well, it's not mention real "free" anyway.

CJ's Photo CJ 24 Jun 2011

View PostHobbesy, on 24 Jun 2011, 8:46, said:

I'm not too worried about people making accounts to farm for items, seeing as how the minimum you can put in your Steam wallet is $5. Hacking shouldn't be too bad of an issue. VAC sucks on games that don't work for Source, but it does pretty decent in TF2. Hopefully the official servers will have mods online too.

The minimum amount you can put in your steam wallet is 5 bucks indeed, but since you can directly buy from the Mann Co. store with a credit card (at least you were able to when the store was opened, dunno if it's still effective), you could simply get a stamp or sound pack and get a premium account that way...

Brad's Photo Brad 24 Jun 2011

No you can't.
You have to add the minimum funds to your wallet to be able to make any purchase.
Edited by Brad, 24 June 2011 - 21:07.

deltaepsilon's Photo deltaepsilon 25 Jun 2011

View PostBrad, on 25 Jun 2011, 7:07, said:

No you can't.
You have to add the minimum funds to your wallet to be able to make any purchase.

Yes, but who's saying you have to spend all of your money in your Steam wallet? As CJ suggested, you could probably just get a stamp or noisemaker or something cheap like that.

Hobbesy's Photo Hobbesy 25 Jun 2011

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 24 Jun 2011, 19:06, said:

No you can't.

Yes, but who's saying you have to spend all of your money in your Steam wallet? As CJ suggested, you could probably just get a stamp or noisemaker or something cheap like that.

Kudos on entirely missing the point of what I said.

No one is going to repeatedly transfer $5 in to their Steam wallet to make more than one account so they can farm for hats. Once they transfer the money, there's no going back. It's more or less the same as spending $5 on something, even if they pay for something cheap.
Edited by Hobbesy, 25 June 2011 - 01:13.

CJ's Photo CJ 25 Jun 2011

View PostHobbesy, on 25 Jun 2011, 2:11, said:

No you can't.

No one is going to repeatedly transfer $5 in to their Steam wallet to make more than one account so they can farm for hats. Once they transfer the money, there's no going back. It's more or less the same as spending $5 on something, even if they pay for something cheap.

@Brad: Oh, okay. In that case it's fine |8

@Hobbesy : Not so sure about that statement, I mean, there are people who are paying 20 bucks for a single hat, and items cost 3 bucks, so 5$ for 7 items per week might sound appealing to those...

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 25 Jun 2011

Sad Engie is sad.

No new unlocks for Engineers.

View PostCJ, on 24 Jun 2011, 19:37, said:

@Hobbesy : Not so sure about that statement, I mean, there are people who are paying 20 bucks for a single hat, and items cost 3 bucks, so 5$ for 7 items per week might sound appealing to those...

Other than what I've already said; If you just want to idle for hats, why would you use more than one account? That's actually impeding your progress since the percentage of you finding something goes up with each hour you play per account.

You'd have to have more than one computer logged into another account to do this, and that doesn't seem very practical when you can already find more than seven items in one day if you play for more than a few hours.
Edited by Hobbesy, 25 June 2011 - 04:03.

CJ's Photo CJ 25 Jun 2011

You're missing the point Hobbes, there's a limit of 12 hours a week during which you can get drops in TF2. If you idle more than 12 hours in the same week, you won't get any additional items.
However, if you were to have 7 accounts, you could idle all week long. There's already lots of people doing that since the game was on sale one time at 0.49€...

Ah, that makes sense then. Personally though, people farming for hats doesn't actually bother me. If they want to waste their time attempting to get ingame items that don't change anything instead of enjoying the game, then so be it.
Edited by Hobbesy, 25 June 2011 - 05:26.

Destiny's Photo Destiny 25 Jun 2011

They can't even trade the hats to their main accounts anyway |8

deltaepsilon's Photo deltaepsilon 25 Jun 2011

View PostHobbesy, on 25 Jun 2011, 11:11, said:

No you can't.

No problem, muchacho.

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 25 Jun 2011

So if you actually bought TF2 prior to it going free, do you get anything?

View PostRaiDK, on 25 Jun 2011, 13:50, said:

So if you actually bought TF2 prior to it going free, do you get anything?

You automaticly get a Premium account, and a non-tradeable/craftable/buyable/dropable hat.

Soul's Photo Soul 25 Jun 2011

The hat looks like the helmet worn by Commonwealth forces during the first and second world war.

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 25 Jun 2011

View PostSoul, on 25 Jun 2011, 16:15, said:

The hat looks like the helmet worn by Commonwealth forces during the first and second world war.

It is the one, and it is also from a very early internal version of TF2 iirc (when it was still humans vs aliens).

It's the Tommy Helmet, developed by the English for use in WW1 and early WW2.

MR.Kim's Photo MR.Kim 25 Jun 2011

This is might be one of early TF2 version's concept art.

http://www.teamfortress.com/images/artwork...mmando_01_r.jpg

Hopefully, there will be new engineer stuff and Meet the Pyro next major update.
Edited by MR.Kim, 25 June 2011 - 17:13.

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 25 Jun 2011

View PostMR.Kim, on 25 Jun 2011, 18:12, said:

This is might be one of early TF2 version's concept art.

http://www.teamfortress.com/images/artwork...mmando_01_r.jpg

Hopefully, there will be new engineer stuff and Meet the Pyro next major update.

That is exactly what I meant |8

MR.Kim's Photo MR.Kim 29 Jun 2011

The patch is release today

- Fixed a case where CritBoost effects were being removed from players being healed.
- Fixed a problem with Arena mode first blood CritBoost not removing itself at the correct time.
- Fixed a bug where Demomen kept their leftover charge amount when self-aborting charges (you'll still keep leftovers when stopped by enemy airblasts)
- Fixed the problem that was causing Strange Demoman shields to not accumulate kills.
- Fixed a bug where the Reserve Shooter would minicrit against swimming targets.
- Tomislav spin-up reduction has been reduced from 75% to %40 (so it now spins-up slower)
- Made the Jumper's Jeepcap and Pocket Medic craft-able.
- Updated the bot navigation files for several maps.
- Added an entry for "Call Vote" to the Options->Keyboard Settings, so you can bind a key to it.
- Updated the gamehaptics file:
- Added/Refined recoil/draw/crit/reload forces for all of the new weapons in the Uber Update.
- Refined all Rocket Launcher Forces recoil forces to feel more true to recoil animation.
- Tuned Brass Beast recoil to have less of an impact on your aiming reticle.

Nooo~ not Tomislave D: It also appear new type crate in game file call "Refreshing Summer Cooler". Possibly coming next Major or regular update in this summer.

http://www.tf2items.com/allitems.php
Edited by MR.Kim, 29 June 2011 - 02:50.

Soul's Photo Soul 28 Oct 2011

Wow, been awhile hasn't it?

Anyway Halloween update and this years monster is a giant eyeball.
http://www.teamfortr...ost.php?id=6635

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 28 Oct 2011

View PostSoul, on 28 October 2011 - 02:03, said:

Wow, been awhile hasn't it?

Anyway Halloween update and this years monster is a giant eyeball.
http://www.teamfortr...ost.php?id=6635

The first thing I thought was: that thing looks a lot like the Eye of Cthulu from Terraria :)

MR.Kim's Photo MR.Kim 15 Dec 2011

Check out New Australian Christmas update http://www.teamfortr...nchristmas2011/

Including new map, achievements and 2 new packs for Engineer and Pyro 8|
Edited by MR.Kim, 15 December 2011 - 17:18.